Pats Interested in Lance Kendricks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Bayer and Harkey both looked really good

I like Kendricks a lot, but TE is not a great need because of Cook, Harkey and our best TE last preseason: Bayer. We had a thread a while ago about next year's surprise breakout player. Alex Bayer could be that guy...

STRENGTHS
Very good size. Good base and knee bend as an in-line blocker. Functional wham blocker. Reliable short-area receiver. Hauls in off-target throws. Brings tenacity to the field and keeps working to pick off defenders. Respected, team captain. Very durable, experienced, three-year starter.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Gutted if he goes, I think he's the most underrated player on the Rams roster... but he wasn't drafted by the FO and I think that goes against him....

FrankenRam

Starter
They do cheat, no question. But their ability to develope nobodies into gems that only succeed in their system is astounding. I've never seen any team win the big one with that lackluster of a roster. I think they set a new standard.

Agreed.

They must also a have a 'Check Ego Here' sign hanging over the door to the locker room as they sure seem able to acquire some 'personalities' and not have those personalities be a disruptive influence. I think Fisher does a pretty good job of this as well.

FrankenRam

Starter
Gutted if he goes, I think he's the most underrated player on the Rams roster... but he wasn't drafted by the FO and I think that goes against him....

Really? While I don't doubt most, if not all, FO/HC give the players they acquired (either by draft or FA) a little more leeway than others, I don't think that necessarily translates into other players being unappreciated.

I would like to see Kendricks used in more of a 'receiving' TE role than this quasi fullback/hback type thing they seem to use him for primarily.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So, anybody else think Jared Cook is not worth the money he is getting paid? I like to keep Lance Kendricks since I know what one can expect from Lance every game. Cannot say the same with Cook.

Don't know what to expect with Cook?

Let's see;

1. Single season leader in yards for a TE in Rams history
2. Back to back seasons >50 catches
3. Back to back seasons >600yds

Guy signs a big contract and you expect him to cure cancer?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't know if Kendricks is underrated as much as he is undervalued and underutilized.

Regardless where he goes it wouldn't surprise me to see him have a big season.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Really? While I don't doubt most, if not all, FO/HC give the players they acquired (either by draft or FA) a little more leeway than others, I don't think that necessarily translates into other players being unappreciated.

I would like to see Kendricks used in more of a 'receiving' TE role than this quasi fullback/hback type thing they seem to use him for primarily.

I'm just talking about how it seems to me, our FO does seem to favour their own selections, I do think Kendricks could be a great TE, he's under used at the moment with the Rams.Personally I like him more than Cook, I think Kendricks plays with more passion, I think with Cooks measurable he should be more of a threat...

but it is MY opinion...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Refresh my memory, because I'm having a lag battle with Google right now.
What was the Franchise $ for TE's at the time of his signing, and did he have any other suitors?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
And if they had their way I'm sure the dolphins would have signed every FA that year. They were throwing away money that year.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I like Kendricks a lot, but TE is not a great need because of Cook, Harkey and our best TE last preseason: Bayer. We had a thread a while ago about next year's surprise breakout player. Alex Bayer could be that guy...

STRENGTHS
Very good size. Good base and knee bend as an in-line blocker. Functional wham blocker. Reliable short-area receiver. Hauls in off-target throws. Brings tenacity to the field and keeps working to pick off defenders. Respected, team captain. Very durable, experienced, three-year starter.
Bayer is going to be a really good TE. He needs to be playing a lot more if not starting. The new OC needs to be utilizing Bayer and Harkey more.

Simba

Rookie
I think Bayer is going to be our next best TE! Kendriks is a good blocker, but not so great (He did a great job because of good feeling with our QB and scored good TDS), but IMO we can replace him with Alex.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

Yeah my issue is at the time he was being paid as a top end TE. His numbers are good but not mind blowing.
http://overthecap.com/position/tight-end/

The thing that really stands out is he has the most guaranteed money of ANY tight end. I like him, and he is far from a bust, but he isn't worth the contract he got either.