Pats Interested in Lance Kendricks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Kendricks is our most valuable free agent and extremely underrated, imo.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Kendricks is our most valuable free agent and extremely underrated, imo.
I don't know that I could so most valuable since if we lose K. Britt our WR core gets pretty thin, but I agree he is very valuable and highly underrated.

iced

I don't know that I could so most valuable since if we lose K. Britt our WR core gets pretty thin, but I agree he is very valuable and highly underrated.

Kendricks has more value than Britt does... I'd like to see Kendricks with the starting gig over Cook - don't think we lose much with Britt nor is he something "Special" that solves the position for us

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Gonna miss they guy if he leaves solid all around player. His hands were the only knock on him early in his career and he has fixed that. Given the oportunity and the targets I think he could be a top 10 TE in this league.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought of New England as a spot for Kendrick's too. I think he would be a good fit for them.

I don't think the Rams see him as a must sign. He will get more than they want to pay him. I think Lance and the Rams are about a million apart.

He isn't good enough or Vitale enough to the Rams offense to spend so much on. They have replacements too.
I think this fits the situation to a tee.

Understandable... unfortunate.... and frustrating.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They also cheat, which is why I hate them. :whistle:

They do cheat, no question. But their ability to develope nobodies into gems that only succeed in their system is astounding. I've never seen any team win the big one with that lackluster of a roster. I think they set a new standard.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My thoughts on TE Lance Kendricks are mostly positive. Could I say he has been what we thought we were getting when we drafted him....no. His blocking as a move TE or in the FB is much better than advertized. His LOS blocking is good enough too. His toughness much better than advertized.

Here's where I have issues with him.....speed quickness & hands are not that good. When used properly he may get you 45 to 50 catches at best as a full time starter. For a QB like Brady Lance is perfect buddy to run with their all pro TE Gronk. Lance will benefit from the attention always given to Gronk.

Sure he would be nice to have here but when Fisher has a ton of cap invested in TE Jared Cook & have signed under contract other TE candidates like Justice Cunningham, Alec Bayer & Brad Smelley. Then add in that ERFA Cory Harkey has proved to be an outstanding blocker & even has much better hands than expected is a much cheaper low cost resign.

In conclusion, Rams have never shown the ability to get the most out of Lance anyway. Rams have serious issues in the OL & QB if there is any 4 million a yr free agent signing it better be in those two areas not on a reserve TE or reserve Move TE that Lance Kendricks is for the Rams.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Let's get Maxx Williams!

As much as I would like to have him I would hate for the rams to use one of the few draft picks they have on another TE with all the other spots we have to fill. I think harkey can fill in kendricks blocking duties and one of the younger guys maybe Bayer will step up.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
As much as I would like to have him I would hate for the rams to use one of the few draft picks they have on another TE with all the other spots we have to fill. I think harkey can fill in kendricks blocking duties and one of the younger guys maybe Bayer will step up.

With our new OC we may also see the Rams offense move slowly to a more standard throwback FULLBACK back into our offense. Thus removing any need to replace TE Lance Kendricks on this Ram roster.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I believe he was part of the plan for McDaniels two TE set.

Classic case of drafting perceived need before talent or bpa. Take a look at that draft. Truly cost that regime their jobs. Yes I know how good Quinn is now but he hadn't played football for a year and wasn't ready to play when he was drafted. Its really hard to understand what they were thinking. Quinn absolutely was the bpa and they did the right thing by drafting him (thank you) but the rest of the draft was a complete draft for need travesty. Kendrick is a nice role player now for the Rams but way over drafted and his first year hands of stone. If he (Kendrick) leaves Quinn is the only player left from that 2011 draft. Ugh

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
They do cheat, no question. But their ability to develope nobodies into gems that only succeed in their system is astounding. I've never seen any team win the big one with that lackluster of a roster. I think they set a new standard.

Yes, however cheating helps. :whistle:
And they cheat more than most people realize. A LOT more.
Statistics bare that out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Kendricks is a nice player, can block, can catch... the Rams never really tried to feed him like they do Cook.

He'll do very well in that offense there in NE.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Unless they can sign Kendricks cheaply it might be best to let him go and use the money for the OL. Bayer and Harkey both looked really good and probably could replace Kendricks and be even better. I would much rather the Rams do what it takes to keep Britt, Barksdale only as a backup, McLeod, Person, and Barnes. That should leave money for the OL. The OL needs mega help badly and the Rams need to sign at least two good veterans that are NOT injured and draft 3 more. Yes the line is in that bad of shape.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would be if I were them. He could play the H-back role that they really haven't had since Aaron Hernandez. Kendricks is the perfect swiss army knife TE and the Pats could really utilize him. And the McDaniels trail leads straight there. Makes sense
Yep, he is a good fit.
Him and Virgil Green. I want Green if we can't resign Kendricks.

ram007

Starter
So, anybody else think Jared Cook is not worth the money he is getting paid? I like to keep Lance Kendricks since I know what one can expect from Lance every game. Cannot say the same with Cook.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
lol go figure.. they love former Rams TE's.

Hoomanawanui, Mulligan, Fells...

Yep.

They love all our castaways. Though most of them were drafted in McDaniels' tenure so that might explain some things.

Exactly, not just TE's. I still think Bellichick does this to try to prove to teams he's been accused of cheating against to prove something.