Pats formation NOW ruled illegal LMAO

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Believe what you like. But where there's smelly smelling smoke, someone likely defecated on your front porch and lit it on fire.

When so much BS benefits the evil empire, my ass there isn't some dick sucking going on in New England that'd make even a 20 year veteran prostitute blush.

You do know that Goodell and Kraft are NOT buddies despite what people on message boards like to say. It's a frosty relationship at best. Kraft lied to Goodell and I don't think he's been forgiven for it.

It's not a matter of what I believe, it's just what the facts are.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Well, they created the Tuck Rule AFTER they beat the Raiders in the playoffs on their way to a SB "theft" against the Rams.

So, just to be clear, they didn't create the tuck rule after the Pats beat the Raiders. The Refs created the Tuck Rule AT THE EXACT MOMENT THAT BRADY TUCKED THE BALL. There was no such thing as a Tuck Rule in the books when Brady benefited from it. The only thing that happened after the game was the NFL formalized the rule, as if that in any way justifies what happened in that game. Simply absurd.

~~

I foresee a time in the future when the refs create the PATS COMPLETE INCOMPLETION rule... "if an incomplete pass bounces three times without being touched by a defender, it may be picked up and advanced by an offensive receiver as if it had been a completed pass."

This rule will come to pass just like the Tuck Rule, something the refs invent on the spot to help the Pats in a critical game.

~~~

Not entirely joking. Kinda pissed.

Seriously, what do the Pats do?? Do they have guys who just sit around all day with the NFL rule book and a fine tooth comb and just dream up ways to stretch the rules beyond where they they can reasonably be stretched and still have plausible deniability?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Same thing I was thinking. I'm convinced they spend many hours looking for loopholes like this in order to take advantage of any weakness.
Sure as hell do. Not only finding loopholes, but also expanding on the way a rule is defined so they can break it ... but not really.
Honestly, it wouldn't bother me if our coaches were that devious. Fisher has his thing with trick plays and all, and that's great, but this is another level of trickery.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You do know that Goodell and Kraft are NOT buddies despite what people on message boards like to say. It's a frosty relationship at best. Kraft lied to Goodell and I don't think he's been forgiven for it.

lol.

No, seriously.

lol.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Sure as hell do. Not only finding loopholes, but also expanding on the way a rule is defined so they can break it ... but not really.
Honestly, it wouldn't bother me if our coaches were that devious. Fisher has his thing with trick plays and all, and that's great, but this is another level of trickery.

I think there is a HUGE difference between a "trick play" like the Bailey punt return against the Shecocks and stretching/breaking the rules in some obscure way to cheat your way to a victory. JMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think there is a HUGE difference between a "trick play" like the Bailey punt return against the Shecocks and stretching/breaking the rules in some obscure way to cheat your way to a victory. JMO.
Of course there is. But where they're similar is that they're both legal (for now).

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Actually, it was Belichick that lied to Goodell when he was supposed to apologize for Spygate, and instead stone-walled. Made Goodell look foolish.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The thing is that as an established expert cheater it is most likely we know of only a tiny portion of the cheating...Just the tip of the crapberg.

The other thing is that there is little likelihood that officials were unaware of their cheating ("gamesmanship" he says smirking) but are in fact complicit. They're red handed caught in the 2 pound deflated ball scheme. We deserve an explanation how that wasn't noticed...won't get one though.

What I hate most is how the game itself is besmirched. The game we love. One terd ruins an entire bowl of punch.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Actually it was Manning and then Brady, but a lot of other QB's were good with the idea.

But don't let that get in the way LOL.

Actually, it was Brady who approached Manning. He found a sympathetic ear from Manning who is very particular. But rest assured it was Brady who initiated the rule and approached Manning.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Meh, whatever. Just trying to make amends to the people that got fired up over it in the first place, which I thought was ridiculous in the first place. It's not cheating until it's illegal, Harbaugh should have spent more time looking for edges himself rather than complaining. Seems like a nonstory made into a story based on reputation and animosity alone.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
No other sport I know of looks to change the rules as often as the NFL does. Every offseason the refs, coaches and players have to try to figure it all out.

The coaches and players are full time so at least they've got a fighting chance. The refs on the other hand have day jobs to worry about. It's little wonder that the standard of officiating is worse than many of us would like.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

FWIW Shula was a master of this stuff, but even he thinks poorly of Belicek.

Last thing I remember Shula doing had something to do with a free kick if you fair catch.

Anyway I concur and have benefited in a few instances JBK our coaching staff knew the rule book better than the other younger coaches. Two of our three coaches moonlighted refereeing . Not beyond possibility that a special assistant on rules would pay off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_catch_kick

Last edited:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
now what happens if a team tries to film a team using this formation with underinflated balls ?? ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Actually, it was Belichick that lied to Goodell when he was supposed to apologize for Spygate, and instead stone-walled. Made Goodell look foolish.

True yes, but Roger isn't a big fan of Kraft, though he's one of the most important owners so he has to play nice. Assuming the NFL is doing anything to help the Patriots is just silly.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If our coaches were that smart, I'd love them for it.

As for "Tuck Rule" lol
It was in place BEFORE the Raider game, in fact the Patriots came up on the other end of the Tuck rule the year before against the Jets which is why they were aware when it happened.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Wish karma would catch up them already

Tom Brady is 37, when he retires that entire team will be finished
believe me it happened to Jerry Rice and Joe Montana and Steve Young too - they all got old and they haven't done won the Super Bowl since 1994

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Wasn't illegal when they did it, and now it will be.
Hate those scumbags, but they sure know their way around the rule book.
This. As much as they bend the rules in their favor, they keep finding innovative ways to do it. Got to tip my hat in some regards, since they have the rings on the books. Notice they usually save these instances for late season / playoff games. It is not technically cheating, but we all get where they were coming from and that doesn't make folks happy.