Pats D

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Experts are impressed at what the Pats d did to the Chiefs offense. Hill didn’t have a big impact and Kelce was quiet too. But I wonder how much was self inflicted, I thought the Chiefs had a little Martz syndrome in the first half they kept throwing at Hill even though he was doubled.
I’ve heard it predicted that NE will shut down the run the way they did the Chiefs but I would say the Rams run game is superior, the fact that TG and CJ have totally different styles is a big asset, but let’s say you shut down the run and double Cooks. Is daring Woods, Reynolds and Everett to win a good strategy?
Belichick is famous for eliminating what you like to do best but what exactly is that for the rams? Woods could’ve ended the game in regulation in NO if he hadn’t stumbled, the Saints weren’t about to let Cooks get free in a tight game and they got away with it barely.
My guess is that McVay does everything he can to get the run game going to keep Goff comfortable and if that happens it doesn’t matter how prepared you are for play action it’s going to work.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams have more weapons than the Chiefs. I know the media doesn't see it that way but if you take away Hill and Kelce they are a one dimensional team. The Patriots kept their focus on those two and had trouble stopping the Chiefs running back in the second half because of it.

One thing that I noticed with the Patriots is that other than Hightower, their linebackers aren't very athletic or fast. If they try to take out Cooks and Woods Gurley and Anderson will have a great day. The TEa too. That maybe the Patriots game plan to slow down the Rams offense. The Bears did it and without the big chunk plays the Rams had trouble scoring enough points. In that game, I felt McVay took too much time adjusting to the scheme by using TEs on short routes.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I mentioned this in another thread but will add it here since it will be the deciding factor in the game.

The Rams will be able to run the ball which will open up the passing game. I predict the Patriots will not be able to run the ball which will become an issue for them.

I think this is how it plays out and the Rams win this by a TD.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Experts are impressed at what the Pats d did to the Chiefs offense. Hill didn’t have a big impact and Kelce was quiet too. But I wonder how much was self inflicted, I thought the Chiefs had a little Martz syndrome in the first half they kept throwing at Hill even though he was doubled.
I’ve heard it predicted that NE will shut down the run the way they did the Chiefs but I would say the Rams run game is superior, the fact that TG and CJ have totally different styles is a big asset, but let’s say you shut down the run and double Cooks. Is daring Woods, Reynolds and Everett to win a good strategy?
Belichick is famous for eliminating what you like to do best but what exactly is that for the rams? Woods could’ve ended the game in regulation in NO if he hadn’t stumbled, the Saints weren’t about to let Cooks get free in a tight game and they got away with it barely.
My guess is that McVay does everything he can to get the run game going to keep Goff comfortable and if that happens it doesn’t matter how prepared you are for play action it’s going to work.

I also watched Mahomes in an interview where he was asked what advice he would give Jared Goff. He said to make adjustments as you go on the fly because the Chiefs did not make any adjustments until halftime. Un-freaking real. I assume Mahomes would know. Incredible they went an entire half without making adjustments. No wonder they lost.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Chiefs had a really bad game and their defense is not at all on par with how ours has been performing in the playoffs and despite all that they still held the Pats to 17 points until the 4th and picked Brady twice. This is probably why I'm calm. Unless we beat ourselves today I just can't see us losing

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I personally feel that the Saints are a better team than the Patriots, however the Pats have a better head coach. The Rams win by a Leg in a real nail biter.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I mentioned this in another thread but will add it here since it will be the deciding factor in the game.

The Rams will be able to run the ball which will open up the passing game. I predict the Patriots will not be able to run the ball which will become an issue for them.

I think this is how it plays out and the Rams win this by a TD.

THIS!!!!

The Pats did to the Chiefs what the Rams D did to the Saints. Take away Hill and Kelce and the Chiefs have ordinary options. Take away Thomas and Kamara and who do you truly worry about there?

But both the Rams and Patriots use all five eligibles equally depending on the defensive look. The defenses that give both offenses fits are those who remain somwhat base and force the offense to take chances and lose patience. The one who TRULY establishes a running game will have the upper hand.

What many discount though is that both teams are capable of abandoning the run and pass this game into a high scoring affair. Nevertheless, the Rams have superior talent on both sides of the ball.

Hell, if both defenses sell out to stop the run...this game could very well look like the games we played against the Vikings and Chiefs. I’d say we are well equipped for that kind of match.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I personally feel that the Saints are a better team than the Patriots, however the Pats have a better head coach. The Rams win by a Leg in a real nail biter.
MY thoughts completely Saints did have the much better team & we had to play them twice in their house to get here to the big game today!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Yeah fuck the Patriots
Fuck Tom Brady
Fuck Billichick

And HELL, while I’m at it

Fuck the Diaz Brothers,