Patriots waive Garrett Gilbert/Claimed by Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Yeah and I am convinced that most teams will end up keeping a 3rd string dev QB in the future. It is going to be necessary to counter the dev time required as ncaa keeps churning out unprepared QBs.

This is also why, if I were an owner, I'd suggest the league set up a one level minor league system. The players assoc would love it and teams could better respond to injuries not to mention put the NFL brand out there in different and smaller cities.
Fisher has been advocating a developmental league for years, and he is on the competition committee, so maybe sometime in the near future.

MrMotes

Starter
Yeah and I am convinced that most teams will end up keeping a 3rd string dev QB in the future

Well in the recent past 2014 SB champs NE carried 2, 2013 SB champs Seattle carried 2, 2012 SB champs Baltimore carried 2, 2011 SB champs NY carried 2, 2010 SB champs GB carried 2.

If you've got a SB caliber QB it just doesn't make a lot of sense to waste the cap money or extra roster spot on the backup QB position when those resources can be better spent elsewhere.

If you don't have a franchise QB, you probably do need to use some extra resources trying to find one but you're also not likely to be competing for a championship...

Last edited: