Patriots fire offensive line coach who is then hired by the Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd SERIOUSLY be after that guy to at least interview him.

Our OL has more talent than the NE OL and yet NE often got better results.

I didn't watch many cheats games. Did the oline get flagged much? I used to see alot of holding but no flags.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
That's right. No one should be guaranteed a job on a team that hasn't had a winning season since 2003. Not coaches, front office staff, or players. That's a good attitude to have because it leads to self-examination and motivation. :cool:

Teams like The Raiders and Browns typically over react and fire coaches and get stuck at the bottom for basically ever. Fisher has built a pretty solid roster and has this draft and year to finally put it all together. Do you remember the post Martz and pre Fisher days? Linehan, Haslett, Spags...

Now those were pretty good coaches that were considered up and comers...none have put even a half way decent product on the field, and probably won't get another chance at head coaching unless it's as interim.

Fisher, while typically has been average, has at least been to the big game, and been to the playoffs. This is the first time where he has total control of the team. Nobody is going to be forcing Vince Youngs on him. He came in with a plan, put it into motion, let's let him finish out his contract and EARN a new one. Players play hard for him. They commit to him. Look at Albert Haynesworth with Fisher and without. Look at how our stars have said they want to come back. Our leaders are willing to take pay cuts under him, which couldn't really be said in the past.

Plus, in Stan is comfortable keeping him around, what do you think would happen if he replaced him with someone who is not up to task? Stan stays out of the operation side of the team. We could do a lot worse than Jeff Fisher.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Teams like The Raiders and Browns typically over react and fire coaches and get stuck at the bottom for basically ever. Fisher has built a pretty solid roster and has this draft and year to finally put it all together. Do you remember the post Martz and pre Fisher days? Linehan, Haslett, Spags...

Now those were pretty good coaches that were considered up and comers...none have put even a half way decent product on the field, and probably won't get another chance at head coaching unless it's as interim.

Fisher, while typically has been average, has at least been to the big game, and been to the playoffs. This is the first time where he has total control of the team. Nobody is going to be forcing Vince Youngs on him. He came in with a plan, put it into motion, let's let him finish out his contract and EARN a new one. Players play hard for him. They commit to him. Look at Albert Haynesworth with Fisher and without. Look at how our stars have said they want to come back. Our leaders are willing to take pay cuts under him, which couldn't really be said in the past.

Plus, in Stan is comfortable keeping him around, what do you think would happen if he replaced him with someone who is not up to task? Stan stays out of the operation side of the team. We could do a lot worse than Jeff Fisher.

I've been preaching continuity here for a long while now and have advocated for Fisher/Snead to get their full 5 seasons in. But no one should waltz into the office and feel their safe from getting canned. I'm speaking of an attitude here not firing anyone. That type of arrogance and self-assurance has not been earned by anyone associated with the Rams.

***Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley being the exception of course.*** :)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been preaching continuity here for a long while now and have advocated for Fisher/Snead to get their full 5 seasons in. But no one should waltz into the office and feel their safe from getting canned. I'm speaking of an attitude here not firing anyone. That type of arrogance and self-assurance has not been earned by anyone associated with the Rams.

***Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley being the exception of course.*** :)

<cough>Hecker</cough>

Ram65

Legend
Didn't see the game had to work.:rolleyes:

From what I saw some this year that coach did a great job or at least the no name offensive line did good. I have been amazed that the Patsies could give Brady a decent pocket with no name lineman in recent years. It seemed like a magic trick. If coach Boo is near ready to retire the Rams should interview this guy.

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'd SERIOUSLY be after that guy to at least interview him.

Our OL has more talent than the NE OL and yet NE often got better results.

Actually Mack, no they didn't.
They had a QB (Brady -duh) and WRs (Gronk and Edelmen).

Sometimes, some things are so obvious, they're ignored so people have something to write about.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-dave-deguglielmo-to-help-with-their-o-line/

Chargers hire Dave DeGuglielmo to help with their O-line
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 28, 2016

610x24.jpg
Getty Images

Former Patriots offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo wasn’t out of work long.

Via Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Chargers have hired DeGuglielmo to help coach the offensive line. The Patriots fired him earlier this week after Tom Brady took a beating in the FAC Championship Game.

The veteran assistant will be paired with former Vikings assistant Jeff Davidson coaching the blockers there, and frankly the Chargers can justify doubling up.

Their line has been a mess in recent years, primarily because of injuries, so the more help they can get, the better. Now they need to give those two some players to work with.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
haha that's the coolest goat I've ever seen.

Did you ever, EVER in life think you would say "that's the coolest goat I've ever seen" lol. It is just so perfect and funny I think they should add this to the Winter Olympics. At least the Winter X Games.

Goat Curling?