Pat Kirwan's Mock Draft: 3QB in top7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
https://realfootballnetwork.com/201...tm_campaign=Mock+Draft+Email&utm_medium=email

This week’s mock draft is a reaction to all the things I learned at the Combine. Medical information and character issues did affect my decisions, as well as veterans getting franchise tagged, and GMs telling me where things stood with negotiations among their own unrestricted free agents. Unfortunately for Notre Dame’s Jaylon Smith, he is out of the first round due to the concerns that came out of his medical checks in Indianapolis.

1.TENNESSEE-Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
Tunsil looked smooth and almost effortless in his left tackle drills. A negative to his pursuit of the top pick is that he was named by his college teammate Robert Nkemdiche as being present when the latter fell out of the window of a hotel.

2. CLEVELAND-Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
He has big hands, can spin the ball, and looked solid in the bad weather at the Senior Bowl. He looks to have the best tools to handle the climate in Cleveland, and he doesn’t have to play right away with Josh McCown on the roster.

3. SAN DIEGO-Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State
The Chargers have to replace Eric Weddle and others in the secondary. Ramsey is worthy of the pick.

4. DALLAS-Jared Goff, QB, California
Tony Romo has had three surgeries on his collarbone and it is time to invest in the future. Goff had a good Combine and is worthy of this spot in the first round. Many Dallas fans want a ‘now’ player like Joey Bosa, but remember, the team went 1-11 without Romo.

5.JACKSONVILLE-Joey Bosa, DE/OLB, Ohio State
Not many believed Bosa would fall this far in the first round, but upward pressure by quarterbacks will affect several spots in this first round.

6. BALTIMORE-DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon
I spent time with Buckner at the Combine, and he is a smart football player, with rare size and a very good work ethic.

7. SAN FRANCISCO-Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
The guy is 6-7 with a cannon arm and very good feet. He told me he was a running back as a kid and he has the escape skills to help him through the early stages of his career. Colin Kaepernick wants out, and it seems like the right time to say goodbye.

8. MIAMI-Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky
He is the best pass rusher in the draft, and after spending three days at the Combine, it felt like the risk of his off-the-field issues is worth the reward.

9. TAMPA BAY-Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
24 sacks in the last two seasons is just what the doctor ordered for this defense.

10. NY GIANTS-Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA
Jack can do it all, and he told me in Indianapolis that he is ready to run and do all the drills, and is waiting for the doctors to clear him.

11. CHICAGO-Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi
The Bears offense hasn’t been the same since Brandon Marshall was traded. Treadwell can team up with Alshon Jeffery to rebuild the passing game.

12. NEW ORLEANS-A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
The Saints defense needs a lot of help in a lot of areas, but there is no substitute for a very big man inside, destroying the run game and collapsing the pocket.

13. PHILADELPHIA-Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
The Eagles need to re-sign Sam Bradford or move down for a QB like Michigan State’s Connor Cook. It might be better to just stay where they are and help the defense.

14. OAKLAND-Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
The Raiders would have loved to have taken Jaylon Smith here, but the Combine medical that revealed possible nerve damage was bad news that could keep him out of action for all of 2016 according to some doctors. Hargreaves will help repair a secondary that lost Charles Woodson to retirement.

15. LOS ANGELES-Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
There are a number of NFL people who believe Mackensie Alexander is the choice here if Janoris Jenkins is lost in free agency. I think when the dust settles, Apple will nudge past Alexander.

16. DETROIT-Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
It’s no secret the Lions need help on the defensive line. Rankins has more plays behind the line of scrimmage (sacks/tackles for a loss) in the last two years than any defensive tackle in the draft.

17. ATLANTA-Jarran Reed, DL, Alabama
The Falcons may have to move up to get a premier pass rusher, and DT Robert Nkemdiche has some off-the-field issues that could hurt his chances with the Falcons. Reed is a solid, safe pick.

18. INDIANAPOLIS-Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
The Colts have to do a better job protecting Andrew Luck and they would be lucky to see Stanley fall to them at this spot. He may play on the right side for now with Anthony Castonzo at left tackle.

19. BUFFALO-Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi
A very solid defensive lineman with off-the-field issues. Mario Williams looks like he will play elsewhere next year and Kyle Williams is coming off injury.

20. NY JETS-Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell are both free agents and Elliott is a three-down back who can run, catch and pick up the blitz in protection.

21. WASHINGTON-Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
Who’s the best corner in the draft? Just ask Alexander. He’ll tell you he is – today, tomorrow, and the day after. If the Redskins can’t secure Kirk Cousins, then this could be a landing spot for Connor Cook.

22. HOUSTON-Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
Cook comes from a pro-style offense and is NFL ready, which is what the Texans need at this point.

23. MINNESOTA-Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State
Lee is an outstanding run and hit guy with skills to play man to man coverages. He could be the immediate replacement for Chad Greenway.

24. CINCINNATI-Leonard Floyd, OLB/DE, Georgia
The best pass rusher still on the board. He made 48 plays behind the line of scrimmage over the past two seasons. He also has some experience playing inside linebacker.

25. PITTSBURGH-Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
The Steelers need help in the secondary. This guy has some medical issues, but he is the physical type of player who fits the Pittsburgh mold.

26. SEATTLE-Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
The Seahawks need offensive line help and it may be time to tap into it in the first round, rather than hope that offensive line coach Tom Cable can develop another late-round pick. It may be hard for the Seahawks to resist Derrick Henry here.

27. GREEN BAY-Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
The tackling machine and leader of the ‘Bama defense can be a 100-tackle player as a rookie, and his presence allows Clay Matthews to move back outside.

28. KANSAS CITY-Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
The Chiefs could be hit hard in free agency, which could change their needs drastically. If they are sticking to their board, then a guy like Decker would be one of the highest-graded players left on the board. Corey Coleman, the WR out of Baylor, could be a consideration here.

29. ARIZONA-Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
The Cardinals could go defense here, but Henry is the best tight end in the class, and this offense would be downright scary with him on the field.

30. CAROLINA-Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
He had 12 sacks last year, which is a strong statement from a guy who is still raw and developing.

31. DENVER-Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
Spriggs put on a show at the Combine and played well at the Senior Bowl. The Broncos could plug him in at right or left tackle, which could mean the team parts ways with Ryan Clady

Others on the edge of the 1st Round: OG Cody Whitehair, SLB Joshua Perry, S Von Bell, WR Braxton Miller, C Ryan Kelly, RB Derrick Henry, DT Vernon Butler

Click Here to see Jim Miller’s Mock Draft and compare.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Will Rams move up to 1-3-6 to land one of the big 3. Or let the draft come to them at nab C. Cook. I don't want a CB in Rd 1... We seem to be able to find amazing value late in the draft. If gawd for bid we go D in Rd 1 it better be front 7.

Thoughts???

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I still think 4 overall is the ideal spot for Snead to have a deal in place for a move up IF one of the top two QBs are still on the board.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IF they are sitting at 15 on draft day with that board, I would hope they move down where they scoop an extra pick and can still address WR, TE, all manner of DT/DE, etc.

IF there were no trade down partner then with that board I'd take Alexander. Form/fit/function impact player for this secondary.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher is going to draft a Apple of a CB in the first round ????:rolllaugh:

Yep, Fisher has one of the best draft records in the NFL at drafting corners in the first round. Only two CB's were selected but boy they sure did shine for the Titans:puke:.

If you want to see where Fisher has done his best work on drafting of DB's .....check out the 2nd rounds. Fisher has been outstanding.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Merlin I'm thinking 3rd. Romo been hurt the last 3 years. I wonder if Cook is a target?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I find this offseason a bit troubling. We have plenty of cap cash and 2 seconds but with the number of free agents we are bound to lose some. Couple that with cuts of CL and JL we have holes to fill. What? That's just the D? Yep...... We have many here wanting to move up and grab a QB well that's gonna hurt too. How can we hold this team together, sign our FA, draft missing pieces on O and not carry over 1 mill from last year? Ya, I have my concerns alright.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
This was poorly done, albeit I know it's a mock but the Bears taking another WR in Treadwell, when they took Kevin White high at No. 7 last season. They also just franchise tagged Jeffery.

Stupid is as stupid does, Kirwan.

(Even if JJ leaves we don't need a damn CB in the 1st. WR WR WR if we stay and in fact all 3 qb's go like that).