Pat Kirwan's lastest draft 2 Rds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
i would be thrilled with this outcome if Wentz isn't possible

2016RFN-MockDraft.jpg

As we enter April, the final month of preparation has arrived for NFL personnel and coaching staffs, and based on my conversations with people around the league, we can begin to evaluate multiple rounds of the draft with a little more certainty. Free agency is over for all practical purposes except for the quarterback situation with the NY Jets.

After putting myself through the two round exercise, it is clear that the second round is loaded with good football players. It is entirely possible the Patriots will find two solid players at the end of the second round and overcome the loss of their first round pick due to deflatgate.

TENNESSEE: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
Protecting Marcus Mariota is job one! Did you get a chance to see the Mississippi pro day? Tunsil is the real deal and a future pro bowler. 2ND ROUND PICK: Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech

CLEVELAND: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
The Browns have a chance to finally get the quarterback situation right, and signing RG3 to a two-year deal should not sway the club from drafting this QB…but you never know! 2ND ROUND PICK: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama

SAN DIEGO: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
The big man trumps the athleticism of Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack for this spot, especially since the Chargers were 27th against the run in 2015. 2ND ROUND PICK: Cody Whitehair, G, Kansas State

DALLAS: Jared Goff, QB, California
If the Cowboys take a QB in the first round they can franchise tag him at least twice, which makes Goff a Cowboy for a minimum of seven years. I’m pretty sure Tony Romo can’t play that long. 2ND ROUND PICK: Jonathan Bullard, DL, Florida

JACKSONVILLE: Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA
The Jags are building a nice football team and Jack can do it all. If they come back in the second round for another defensive player, they will fix the 24th ranked defense with all their offseason moves. 2ND ROUND PICK: Von Bell, S, Ohio State

BALTIMORE: Jalen Ramsey, S/CB, Florida State
The Ravens haven’t had a player like Ramsey since Ed Reed roamed the Baltimore secondary. He has the skills to play anywhere in the back end of this defense. 2ND ROUND PICK: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame

SAN FRANCISCO: Joey Bosa, DE/OLB, Ohio State
A month ago no one would believe Bosa would last this long in the draft, but the 49ers better be ready for it to happen. The days of Justin Smith and Aldon Smith are long gone, and the 29th-ranked defense in the NFL needs to be fixed. 2ND ROUND PICK: Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

PHILADELPHIA (FROM MIA): Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
New HC Doug Pederson will want to run the west coast system he learned from Andy Reid, and a three-down back like Elliott is critical to making it work. 2ND ROUND PICK: No Pick

TAMPA BAY: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
The medical re-check on Lawson’s shoulder will ultimately influence this pick, but for now the Bucs get a guy that made 67 plays behind the line of scrimmage. 2ND ROUND PICK: Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh

NY GIANTS: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
Some believe Stanley is the best left tackle in the draft. If the Giants pick him, they can move powerful Ereck Flowers back to right tackle and have bookends for the next decade. Protect Eli Manning and he still has another Super Bowl run in his career. 2ND ROUND PICK: Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama

CHICAGO: Sheldon Rankins, DL, Louisville
The Bears 3-4 defense doesn’t really have a one gap penetrator up front. Rankins will bring that element to this, or any defense. His 50 plays behind the line of scrimmage from an inside position is impressive. 2ND ROUND PICK: Jeremy Cash, S, Duke

NEW ORLEANS: A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
Robinson isn’t just a space eater on the inside. He has first step quickness and can play multiple spots across the front. The Saints had the worst defense in the NFL last year, and every coach I know always says it starts up front. 2ND ROUND PICK: Germain Ifedi, OL, Texas A&M

MIAMI (FROM PHI): Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
Hargraves is considered the second best DB in the draft, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Dolphins liked a different corner. Hargraves is productive, but his lack of ideal size could be a deciding factor. 2ND ROUND PICK: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State

OAKLAND: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
I believe every team is looking for ‘hybrid’ defensive players who can run and hit, but can also walk out on a slot receiver and play man coverage. Lee can be that guy. 2ND ROUND PICK: Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia

LOS ANGELES: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
Lynch isn’t ready to play and won’t be at any point during the 2016 season. Fans say they don’t want players for the future, but the truth is the Rams aren’t ready for a Super Bowl run. So why not draft a QB with a cannon for an arm and give him a year to develop while the new stadium is being built? 2ND ROUND PICKS: Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas and Jalen Mills, S, LSU

DETROIT: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
The Lions were 22nd in sacks allowed, and now that Calvin Johnson is gone, that problem could get worse. Plus, the Lions have to run the ball more and Conklin answers the call on both the run and pass fronts. 2ND ROUND PICK: Su’a Cravens, LB/S, USC

ATLANTA: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
The Falcons have had a bad pass rush for several years now and it must be addressed. Whether it’s Dodd or Ogbah, or even Spence, they need a player opposite Vic Beasley. 2ND ROUND PICK: Vadal Alexander, G, LSU

INDIANAPOLIS: Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky
Spence had off the field issues that are well documented, but a number of club executives told me they are behind him now. This kid has pass rush skills like Robert Mathis, and the 26th-ranked pass defense could use that kind of help. 2ND ROUND PICK: Nick Martin, C/G, Notre Dame

BUFFALO: Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Mississippi
Many consider this a risky pick because Robert has gotten the “underachiever” tag. Rex Ryan will believe he can get the best out of Nkemdiche, and his best is awesome. 2ND ROUND PICK: Kentrell Brothers, LB, Missouri

NY JETS: Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
The Jets have a great front, but their outside linebackers have been average at best. Floyd recorded 45 plays behind the line of scrimmage, plus 38 hits on the QB and 5 forced fumbles. 2ND ROUND PICK: Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford

WASHINGTON: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
Ragland is a defensive leader in the mold of CJ Mosley over in Baltimore. He’s also a run stuffer who is better in coverage than advertised. 2ND ROUND PICK: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor

HOUSTON: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi
Treadwell ran 4.6 at his pro day, which caused him to drop this far in the first round. The truth is he can change direction and has a big target area. Opposite DeAndre Hopkins, and with Brock Osweiler under center, the 31st-ranked passing attack will improve. 2ND ROUND PICK: Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State

MINNESOTA: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
The Vikings get a quick receiver that had 138 receptions and 33 touchdowns in the last two seasons. Some worry about the transition from the Baylor offense to the NFL. 2ND ROUND PICK: Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State

CINCINNATI: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
The Bengals lost WR’s Mohammed Sanu and Marvin Jones during free agency and need to re-stock the position. A player with size, 215 receptions, and 34 touchdowns adds up to the right player opposite AJ Green. 2ND ROUND PICK: Kenny Clark, DL, UCLA

PITTSBURGH: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
The Steelers were 8th in sacks on defense last season, but 30th in passing yards allowed and 21st in third down situations. That all points to the secondary. 2ND ROUND PICK: Adolphus Washington, DL, Ohio State

SEATTLE: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
Russell Okung has departed in free agency and a long term answer needs to be found at left tackle. Spriggs had a good week at the Senior Bowl, and the Seahawks have always tapped into the talent down in Mobile. 2ND ROUND PICK: William Jackson, CB, Houston

GREEN BAY: Jarran Reed, DL, Alabama
Reed is a very solid defensive lineman with the versatility Dom Capers likes to have for his scheme. BJ Raji retired, and the Packers need to be better up front. 2ND ROUND PICK: Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn

KANSAS CITY: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
The loss of Sean Smith in free agency left a void in the secondary. The recent discovery of a knee issue with Justin Houston could change the plans with the first pick, but for now a corner like Alexander is a solid pick. 2ND ROUND PICK: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State

ARIZONA: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
Bobbie Massie left in free agency, and the #1 offense in the NFL needs linemen to protect Carson Palmer long enough to continue to execute their deep passing attack. 2ND ROUND PICK: No Pick

CAROLINA: Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
The Panthers would be lucky if Ogbah is still on the board at this point. He had 24 sacks in the last two years and would be in a three-man rotation with Charles Johnson and Kony Ealy. 2ND ROUND PICK: Devontae Booker, RB, Utah

DENVER: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
Ask yourself, “what is Denver going to do at quarterback?” Should they start Mark Sanchez? Will they trade for Colin Kapernick or Mike Glennon? Maybe. But if they get to pick #31 first, it may have to be Connor Cook. 2ND ROUND PICK: Austin Johnson, DL, Penn State

NEW ENGLAND: No Pick
2ND ROUND PICKS: Joshua Perry, LB, Ohio State and Shilique Calhoun, OLB/DE, Michigan State

Draft, mock draft, NFL draft, Pat Kirwan, Posts, shows

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Are you speaking as a Ravens fan or are you talking about the Rams picks?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I dunno.

I kind of like Lynch.

I prefer Goff. Wentz too. But something about this guy I like.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lynch, Henry and Mills, is the kind of start to a draft that would make me cry tears of joy.

Getting Lynch fills the bottom of our QB room with a guy who has an enormous ceiling, just redshirt him and let him start learning. The guy has been knocked way too much for his last bowl game, he's a legit round 1 QB and a need of assinine proportions.

Henry immediately helps this offense. If he makes it to 43 which I seriously doubt, that would be 2 guys the Rams showed wisdom in waiting on. Fans would crap their pants as they watch a real TE who catches the ball, the dude would be a revelation.

Not so high on MIlls, but it's a solid pick. I'd prefer a guy like Shepard here, or Boyd, but after the outstanding quality of the first two picks I'd shut the F up and cross my fingers on Mills.

And the Rams still have two very good value picks to take a WR or two, or maybe sneak a center in there. Round 6 will be the kicker if Aguayo or Fairbairn are there, IMO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mills is OK at free safety. I like the other two though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I dunno.

I kind of like Lynch.

I prefer Goff. Wentz too. But something about this guy I like.

I concur I prefer Wentz and then Goff, but Paxton Lynch is far better than what the Rams have right now.