Passive Aggression toward other Posters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It could be that I am misusing an idea/action, but I am speaking of a certain method employed by some to invalidate others ideas through indirect belittlement. A recent example was a poster's comment in agreeing that a LT should be considered the right pick at #23, instead of a ILB or edge rusher. He agreed with a poster that said this, but then went farther in belittling the arguments of 30 other posters before him.

"[Finally]A small glimmer of sanity."

In the context of what he posted, it wasn't a joke. Although he was not being literal, he really meant the positions of all the other posters besides the one he agreed with were stupid, because they didn't see what was obvious to him. To say it this way would be more honest and direct, but then would fall afoul of this sites guideline against personal attack. To be clear, I am no saint on the internet. "When in Rome..." ideal is what I do in various internet environments.

I spend a lot of time on a NFC West Troll site where we are often vicious with each other, but normally it is funny/vicious. It is vicious but is also direct and is honest in that way. I know how to come at someone when they are coming at me just as hard (IE, cue "Come at me Bro" gifs...lol). That's why I don't like indirect attacks, which at times are veiled direct attacks. My instinct is to attack directly, but I come to this site for a more peaceful dialogue and would like to not be banned. That's why it pizzes me off when I know deep down I'm being personally attacked, but cannot respond honestly.

*steps off soap box.
That’s a well put together post for someone of your limited intellect.:LOL: :hiding:

Sorry. Couldn’t get blue font to work.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Honestly Loyal I think a huge part of online communication, in particular words in a message ( text, e-mail, forum, etc.) can be interpreted in many different ways than if their was voice attached to the same words. Tone, infliction, volume, and in person facial expressions are easier to dictate someones meaning where words (depending ones current mood) can change or delude them totally wrong.

For example, I had a long distance relationship (DON'T EVER DO IF YOUR READING THIS!) and messages typed either way can be perceived in a total different light than how they were intended. It was very difficult to overcome this and we had to use other methods to limit the message interaction especially in disagreements to fix issues properly.

Psychologists call this " the transparency illusion" and just like many other human conditions has a lot to do with the parties involved state of being at the time of interaction.

Also, in consideration is the newer ' micro agressed' culture that get offended and feel traumatized by somebody that they feel is an attack on them if their view isn't resounded 100% by the other party.
Amen! I get into trouble a lot because of this "transparency illusion". Kids have become experts at it. You ever notice when you call your kids on the phone, they often text you back instead of answering the call? They've learned it's safer to hide behind the ambiguity.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't understand the mentality of not being able to hear or debate a different opinion. Ignore lists are for putty cats

Sure, as long as there's an option for debate. Sometimes though, if a poster tries to bait someone..well kinda says it all. Not worth my time or bandwith.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's something not "passive-aggressive" but flat out aggressive: I hate April Fool's Day!!! Carry on.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's something not "passive-aggressive" but flat out aggressive: I hate April Fool's Day!!! Carry on.

Clever, well thought out pranks are fine. Most consist of just telling a lie, then shouting "April Fool" which makes me think "Yes, you are."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hate April Fool's Day!!!

Maybe this will brighten your day.

lmssrrk-gif

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Amen! I get into trouble a lot because of this "transparency illusion". Kids have become experts at it. You ever notice when you call your kids on the phone, they often text you back instead of answering the call? They've learned it's safer to hide behind the ambiguity.
Haven't had kids yet but I can definitely see this happening!