Passing yards versus rushing yards today........very telling

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Counting the 46 yards that Rodgers got, and he was his teams leading rusher today.

Rushing
GB - 99
ATL - 101

Passing
GB - 287
ATL - 392

Rushing
NE - 57
PITT - 54

Passing
NE - 384
PITT - 314

Each QB passed for almost as much or more yards individually than ALL FOUR teams ran for, and if you take out Rodgers 46 yards it's not even close.

Over a thousand more passing yards than rushing yards in the two conference title games.

1375 to 311.

WOW!!!

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I think Bell being out had a lot to do with the Steeler's ruhsing. He is their best player.

WvuIN02

Starter
The entire Steelers offense and their playcalling, gameplan etc was predicated on Bell being in the lineup versus an over the hill but decent backup.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Only one of the four teams remaining were a top 5 scoring defense all through the season: the Patriots. Sadly, they're gonna win it all.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Only one of the four teams remaining were a top 5 scoring defense all through the season: the Patriots. Sadly, they're gonna win it all.
Until tonight, I would have said "But the Pats have seen precious few good offensive teams."

Then Roethlisberger, Brown et al threw a shoe, and I was all like, "Well, damn... maybe they are a good defense after all."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Until tonight, I would have said "But the Pats have seen precious few good offensive teams."

Then Roethlisberger, Brown et al threw a shoe, and I was all like, "Well, damn... maybe they are a good defense after all."

I'd have to go back and re-look, and there are outliers, but generally the SB winner is a team that finished very well in scoring defense. Pats don't have a big name defense, but they're good at limiting points which is what matters.

I hate them. I hope Atlanta knocks them off in a shootout. But it's very unlikely IMO.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'd have to go back and re-look, and there are outliers, but generally the SB winner is a team that finished very well in scoring defense. Pats don't have a big name defense, but they're good at limiting points which is what matters.

I hate them. I hope Atlanta knocks them off in a shootout. But it's very unlikely IMO.
I understand your hatred. That said, Atlanta's defense is awful, and both offenses are really really good.

Although that "awful" defense did evil, horrid things to Aaron "My Stuff Is On Fire" Rodgers today, so...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
A lot of the passing had to do with the defenses too. Aside from the Patriots, the defenses play better against the run than the pass so they probably gameplanned around that.

TexasRam

Legend
There is no question in my mind that Bilicheck is still cheating. Video taping or intercepting play calls.

Once a cheater always a cheater. The level of cheating has had been busted for tells you how deep his system is in it.

But on the subject of the other NFL non cheating teams... Its a passing league.

The only exception was the Seahawks who prior to Earl Thomas injury were so good in the secondary and with their assortment of pass rushers that they could shutdown the great QB's.

Running games are being phased out.. and run first coaches ...like Fisher.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Dallas had beat Green Bay, I doubt this is true. NE and GB are pass first, pass second, pass third type teams. Pittsburgh lost Le'Veon Bell to injury. That left only Atlanta. And Green Bay actually boasts a quality run defense but combines that with a horrendous pass defense. Made perfect sense to attack them through the air in a game expected to be a shootout.

It's a passing league for sure. But teams are still winning with their running game and defense.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It was a great weekend of football - I thought the Falcons looked awesome and attacked the Packers at their weak points - but damn Julio Jones is an awesome WR!! and the Pats are the Pats - I know most of you guys hate them, but I think the Bellichick / Brady combo is amazing to watch - and as for the cheating accusations - I'd be VERY surprised if there was an NFL team that DIDN'T cheat to some extent.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Atl is going to win.the patriots defense is good but atl has too many weapons and people are constantly downing the falcons defense but one thing they can do is get to the QB and Brady don't like that. I think the falcons win by 10

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Atl is going to win.the patriots defense is good but atl has too many weapons and people are constantly downing the falcons defense but one thing they can do is get to the QB and Brady don't like that. I think the falcons win by 10
I hope you're right.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Time to draft man to man corners...Looked like 7-on-7 to me...

Big Ben...something looked wrong with him....but Coates...and the other dude from Arkansas...both 4.4 guys I may add....killed the momentum with those drops.

And I wouldn't bet against Josh McDaniels...or Tom mutha fucking Brady. But I like what Atl did...Ryan is on a mission...Best SB in some time. Reminds me of us vs the Pats in 2001

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
God I miss the days when our QB threw for 300+ yards on the regular.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
New England bringing out the 2000 hack the WR defense

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Bell being out had a lot to do with the Steeler's ruhsing. He is their best player.

The Steelers are good but had no chance

Woo Hoo they will be seeing one in the SB. Loss Number 3 please.

God I miss the days when our QB threw for 300+ yards on the regular.

Warner did that back when the rules were different. If you took that team and time warped it into today they would score somewhere near 700 and would hang a 70 burger on someone twice during the season.