Passing time on a flight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Congrats dude! The snack stash, good headphones, watching movies, reading, are all great. I'd add a neck pillow to that list. Dress is important too. Don't wear tie up shoes. Slip ons make going through security so much smoother and it's nice to slip those shoes on and off easily while in flight. I like to wear some light weight wrinkle free slacks that damn near feel like pajamas. Columbia and Under Armor both have ones that fit the bill. I hope you have a late afternoon flight. I've found that the effects of jet lag are the least on those flights. And at least once during the flight, look out at the wing and ask the stewardess, "Is that red fluid supposed to be coming out of that little flapper thing?" Have fun bro, Italy is the bomb!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Congrats dude! The snack stash, good headphones, watching movies, reading, are all great. I'd add a neck pillow to that list. Dress is important too. Don't wear tie up shoes. Slip ons make going through security so much smoother and it's nice to slip those shoes on and off easily while in flight. I like to wear some light weight wrinkle free slacks that damn near feel like pajamas. Columbia and Under Armor both have ones that fit the bill. I hope you have a late afternoon flight. I've found that the effects of jet lag are the least on those flights. And at least once during the flight, look out at the wing and ask the stewardess, "Is that red fluid supposed to be coming out of that little flapper thing?" Have fun bro, Italy is the bomb!
You can't say bomb when talking about airplanes...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Honestly, I usually just sleep. Since most flights to send you to Europe leave at night, that usually makes it easier.

Books are always nice of course, as is music. If your legs feel a little stiff, don't be afraid to walk around a bit, sitting for that long isn't good for you.

When I would fly for the military my medic would always give us muscle relaxers. Not because we needed them, but because it was just nice to be knocked the hell out the entire trip. Slept like babies.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A friend of mine downloads movies all the time...converted some new ones for me to put on my ipad...should be very helpful.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright fellas...leave this week for Italy to tie the knot.

Got roughly 15 hours of flight time each way...probably going to pick up a few draft magazines to read (any suggestions on the best ones to read?)

Any suggestions on a good book? I've got a Dick Vermiel biography that I read about 4 or 5 chapters of a while back but got distracted and never got back to it. I think I'll take that with me.

Any of you travel pros and have any other tips?

Congrats! When I'm driving, I typically listen to books on tape. I'm a big action guy so I like the Mitch Rapp and Bob Lee Swagger series because there is plenty of it.