Passing time on a flight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Alright fellas...leave this week for Italy to tie the knot.

Got roughly 15 hours of flight time each way...probably going to pick up a few draft magazines to read (any suggestions on the best ones to read?)

Any suggestions on a good book? I've got a Dick Vermiel biography that I read about 4 or 5 chapters of a while back but got distracted and never got back to it. I think I'll take that with me.

Any of you travel pros and have any other tips?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
No suggestions but congratulations on getting married. (y)

May you both live long and prosper.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No suggestions but congratulations on getting married. (y)

May you both live long and prosper.

Thank you!

live-long-and-prosper-tee-shirt-cbs114b.jpg

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Download a shit load of podcast and listen to them. How long is the flight?

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I always get a window seat and enjoy the view. The world is an amazing place when viewed from 35,000 feet.

Other than that, I just listen to music, read or watch the in-flight movies. I often take 12-hour flights to visit family many miles away and the time passes quickly, all the more so once you're used to such long trips.

Have a great holiday and congratulations on tying the know, Sum1.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My return flights home to Orlando ALWAYS include families heading to Disney World. That means young kids on the flight... many times very young and very loud. Because of this, I have a pair of noise canceling headphones. I can't imagine flying home without them anymore. They also come in handy when I happen to get stuck sitting next to a chatty Cathy,,, put on the headphones and they instinctively know that you are no longer going to answer all of their questions... you don't even have to have anything playing in them (sometimes, silence is golden).

They also help me because flying is almost like a tranquilizer to me. I fall asleep pretty fast. I bring a few magazines with me and I usually fall asleep in the middle of whatever article I'm reading after my first cocktail. If something wakes me,,, pop on the headphones, try to finish the article,,, and I'm back asleep before I can finish.

My wife always brings a bunch of candy on board with her. She also likes to order a Blooming Onion to-go from the Outback Steakhouse inside the Orlando Airport and bring that on the flight with us.

If not flying in 1st class,,, try and get yourself in the emergency exit row so you'll have more leg room.

Congratulations to you guys!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Take aspirin for two days before,thins the blood and will help prevent blood clots from sitting that long, don't cross your feet either. Avoid alcohol, maybe some pot oil but don't drink .
I recommend a Clancy book .

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
When I went to India I had massive headache in Chicago so I took this...

5e14d24dd3207921f6a32b622fef9d9d_ra,w403,h403_pa,w403,h403.jpeg

That sure passed the time.

What's your airline? If it is has on demand entertainment, MOVIE MARATHON. That's what I did on my return trip. Jurassic Park, Hobbit, Dark Knight, Hansel and Gretel, Incredible Hulk.

Boom. Time passed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's that time eh Sum? Well congratulations. Sounds like you have a great memory ready to roll. Just enjoy it is my best suggestion. Take it easy and take it all in. Other than that, I'll try to think of some travel tips.

Hmmm taking off to tie the not. So you say you'll be with your fiancé and at least a mile high - eh?:sneaky: My advice is to be ware of those little blankets they give you. Pretty hard to hide what's going on under them. Or... so.. I hear. :cool:

The advice from George about the exit seats? Golden. Always get the exit seat if you can. And I don't know about Thor's advice. Last time I flew any length of time at all without a drink in my hand.... yeah - I think I was a teenager. And I believe alcohol thins the blood AND has the added benefits. But I'm not doctor - I only play one on ROD.

Again - just have fun man.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oh speaking of seating, try to get one in the back rows, like right in front of the wall. I find that a lot less stressful, despite being in close proximity near the galley where they bring out food and stuff. But when no other passenger is behind you, stretching your arms all the way back is amazing.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Alright fellas...leave this week for Italy to tie the knot.

Got roughly 15 hours of flight time each way...probably going to pick up a few draft magazines to read (any suggestions on the best ones to read?)

Any suggestions on a good book? I've got a Dick Vermiel biography that I read about 4 or 5 chapters of a while back but got distracted and never got back to it. I think I'll take that with me.

Any of you travel pros and have any other tips?

Become a member of the Mile High Club.