Pass me some ketchup Austin Pettis for my crow sandwich!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rambone

UDFA
I’ve been hard on Pettis, only believe he’s on the squad ‘cause of Baileys’ suspension. But dude can catch. In the clutch, when game is on the line. And it’s not the first time in his career as a Ram.

So….gimme some of that crow Austin….I’m on board now.

BTW – who goes when Bailey comes back?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Pettis has done this multiple times throughout his career. He has a clutch performance, we don't hear from him for awhile, and then everybody talks about how he needs to be cut.

Don't sleep on Austin Pettis! Teams need situational receivers that can be counted on like this.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I’ve been hard on Pettis, only believe he’s on the squad ‘cause of Baileys’ suspension. But dude can catch. In the clutch, when game is on the line. And it’s not the first time in his career as a Ram.

So….gimme some of that crow Austin….I’m on board now.

BTW – who goes when Bailey comes back?
I think one of the 5 RB's, probably Watts, He's Low man, and Reynolds has value to ST.

AZRamsFan93

I feel the same way about Austin Davis. The kid really stepped up and helped his team win.

I had written him off.

Munching down large helpings of crow.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite, but do not get why they keep dressing Givens, (when Tavon's healthy).

RamzFanz

Damnit
I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite, but do not get why they keep dressing Givens, (when Tavon's healthy).

I don't either and I was a big Givens fan after his Rookie season. IF they cut a WR, there is no doubt in my mind it should be Givens. Bailey can take the KR duty.

Philly5

Rookie
Was not overly hard on Pettis, but I will take some crow also. Came through big time. Surprised me.

Alan

Legend
Pettis also dropped a pass. He played the same game showing the same skills as he always does. I see nothing in his game that can't be replaced. Even if Givens is cut first, Pettis is next on the list.

bskrilla

Starter
Pettis also dropped a pass. He played the same game showing the same skills as he always does. I see nothing in his game that can't be replaced. Even if Givens is cut first, Pettis is next on the list.

Really? I'd argue that Pettis may be the only receiver on the Rams roster right now that makes that catch on 3rd down. Quick or Britt MAY make it, but they don't quite have the hands Pettis does. On that particular pass I don't think there's another Rams receiver I'd rather have it going to than Pettis. He has the height to elevate and the hands to pull it down in traffic.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't either and I was a big Givens fan after his Rookie season. IF they cut a WR, there is no doubt in my mind it should be Givens. Bailey can take the KR duty.

I wish they'd put Tavon on punt and kick returns. He hasn't shown up much on offense so far, and it's just one more way to get the ball in his hands.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Is kickoffs really that hard now? It basically consists of watching the ball go out of bounds, and occasionally making the awful decision to bring it out. I've often thought we need to employ snipers with tranqualizer darts to pick Givens off before he gets out of the end zone when he decides to "make a play."

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Well, the pass was behind him. Granted, he has made catches like that before, but that's because of our expectations of Pettis. That he even got his hands on the ball, that he got a second shot at the catch is something only Pettis could do.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Pettis also dropped a pass.

That is not going down as drop. Pass thrown significally behind him and Pettis did well to barely get his back hand on it. Probably saved an interception.

Athos

Legend
Never seems to show up in games except those "moments" where he catches a big ball or two. He's not a starter, but great in the Gibson role and RZ packages.

I'd keep him over Givens for sure. Speaking of.

ugh.