Parker vs Cooper & White?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We already have a Greene type Bailey and I hunk Bailey is Better. Britt and Quick/Parker on outside and Bailey in slot. Yes I think Bailey will overtake Austin in slot and Austin will be used as a Rb like sproles

Austin is going to be our slot receiver, man, and he's going to dominate this year. Bailey's going to go on the outside, along with Britt (we don't know if Quick will ever recover from that gruesome shoulder injury). And Rashad Greene and Stedman Bailey are very different, aside from the fact that they're wide receivers and that they can line up anywhere. Both of them are good route runners. Greene is faster and more polished than Bailey was coming out. Bailey has better hands and a better catching radius.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Rashad Greene is just like Bailey.

No. Just...no. They're two very different players. Very, very different players. Whereas Bailey reminds me of Steve Smith, Greene reminds me of Isaac Bruce. You wouldn't say that Smith and Bruce are just like each other, would you?

T-Hawks

UDFA
We have no need for another small receiver. Greene looks very skinny and I don't think he can get off press. We play in a very physical division with big corners. Give me a big receiver in the draft in case Britt gets hurt.

Athos

Legend
We already have a Greene type Bailey and I hunk Bailey is Better. Britt and Quick/Parker on outside and Bailey in slot. Yes I think Bailey will overtake Austin in slot and Austin will be used as a Rb like sproles

Bailey definitely has better hands than Greene.

Memento

Name
Jemma

He doesn't have the athleticism that Greene has, though.

We have no need for another small receiver. Greene looks very skinny and I don't think he can get off press. We play in a very physical division with big corners. Give me a big receiver in the draft in case Britt gets hurt.

He's proven that he can get off of press coverage. He's skinny, yes. Bruce was as well. Hell, Isaac was only six pounds heavier than Greene, and I think he acquitted himself quite fine as an outside receiver.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wouldn't go that far. Bailey is better at coming down with 50/50 balls but Greene's hands are as reliable as they get. He won't win as many contested catches as Bailey but the guy just doesn't drop passes either.

Yea. Don't think he has the pure speed D-Jax has. I think Greene is a slot man though. And I still believe we have our slot man in Bailey. Just needs more targets.

I want a flanker/split-end big boy.

Bailey and Greene both can play anywhere you align them.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I don't think that Parker is that far off but there is a gap between him and Cooper/White.

Personally, I hope they go with Clemmings or Scherff if Cooper/White are gone. Then...we draft DeAndre Smelter in the 4th round. That would be brilliant. Hell, who doesn't love seeing this from a WR...
http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=258322&gif=AgreeableGiddyCoot
http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=258322&gif=HomelyUnawareGreatdane

Love me some Smelter. Could be a steal, when he can give 100% of his attention to playing football and just football.

jjab360

Legend
After thinking about it a lot and watching a lot of both, I like Parker a little more than White. White is more explosive, but Parker is the more natural receiver, has the bigger catch radius, and will have less of a transition coming out of a pro-style offense. It's kind of like the slightly poor man's version of A.J. vs. Julio, and I'd take A.J.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After thinking about it a lot and watching a lot of both, I like Parker a little more than White. White is more explosive, but Parker is the more natural receiver, has the bigger catch radius, and will have less of a transition coming out of a pro-style offense. It's kind of like the slightly poor man's version of A.J. vs. Julio, and I'd take A.J.

That's fair. Parker is more pro ready. Although, it seems odd to bring up A.J. and Julio. Julio is very arguably as good or better than A.J. so why would you take a slightly poor man's A.J. over Julio? But I see your point in that White is more risky and less pro ready which is why you'd do it.

I'd take my shot on White just because I think he has more potential to become the type of guy that "imposes his will" like a Dez Bryant or TO. He's such an athletic and strong guy that if he learns how to make use of all his gifts, he could be very close to unstoppable. Whereas Parker is very talented but I don't think he has the physicality and strength to reach that level.

Athos

Legend
I don't think that Parker is that far off but there is a gap between him and Cooper/White.

Personally, I hope they go with Clemmings or Scherff if Cooper/White are gone. Then...we draft DeAndre Smelter in the 4th round. That would be brilliant. Hell, who doesn't love seeing this from a WR...

Smelter does seem tailor made for our type of offense. Just not sure whether or not he's even of the Rams radar. I wouldn't complain one bit if we landed Scherff and Smelter in the same draft.

Don't see it happening though.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Love Smelter. Was surprised he wasn't getting any mention on this forum when I put him in my November mock draft (pre-injury). But, he's still a pretty raw WR coming off a late knee injury. Anybody know the seriousness of that injury? Was it clean like Gurley's or a mess like Lattimore's? Will this kid even be able to contribute much in 2015? Pretty important questions given Quick's injury.

BTW, I've noticed that Clemmings is not getting nearly the love that he was getting in the past. I've started to see him VERY late in round one and/or into the 2nd round in mock drafts.

lockdnram21

Legend
I wouldn't go that far. Bailey is better at coming down with 50/50 balls but Greene's hands are as reliable as they get. He won't win as many contested catches as Bailey but the guy just doesn't drop passes either.
They can but I think both are better in slot in nfl. If we get a receiver 6 foot or less he better at least be able to take top off the defense

Bailey and Greene both can play anywhere you align them.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Cooper
Parker
White

That's the order I'd choose.

My reservation with Parker is it took until a Senior year to have that big season (would have been statistically impressive if he hadn't missed time).

Quite frankly, I believe that many others would mix the ranking order up a bit, if Parker ran a similar 40 time as White and Cooper (BTW, love him, but I don't believe White plays to his timed speed...yet).

In the end they are different players and it's a matter of your flavor. If you want to throw the ball down the field or in the redzone and have confidence that your guy will come down with the ball in contested situations, you want Parker or White. White is more physical. Parker has a better catch radius and is a bit smoother a route runner. And despite dropping 13 passes the past couple of seasons (which rarely gets discussed), if you want a quick savvy route runner capable of juking someone out of their cleats, you want Cooper. Me? I just can't say that one is truly better than the other. They are just different.

Again, just pick your flavor.

lockdnram21

Legend
Austin is going to be our slot receiver, man, and he's going to dominate this year. Bailey's going to go on the outside, along with Britt (we don't know if Quick will ever recover from that gruesome shoulder injury). And Rashad Greene and Stedman Bailey are very different, aside from the fact that they're wide receivers and that they can line up anywhere. Both of them are good route runners. Greene is faster and more polished than Bailey was coming out. Bailey has better hands and a better catching radius.
From what I read Greene runs in the 4.5's like Bailey if I'm not mistaken he's slower. If we get a small receiver I want him to have burners a Djax type. I'm not sold on the munchkin as wr (Tavon). Think he would be better used as a Rb like sproels. Don't see him turning into what people want him to be. He was highly overdrafted. If Rams were to wait until 3rd round to get receiver I would think there not worried about Quick's injury.

Memento

Name
Jemma
From what I read Greene runs in the 4.5's like Bailey if I'm not mistaken he's slower. If we get a small receiver I want him to have burners a Djax type. I'm not sold on the munchkin as wr (Tavon). Think he would be better used as a Rb like sproels. Don't see him turning into what people want him to be. He was highly overdrafted. If Rams were to wait until 3rd round to get receiver I would think there not worried about Quick's injury.

Forty-times are way too highly thought of. Everyone knows that Rice ran a 4.6. Bruce ran .04 seconds faster than Greene did. Bailey? .01 seconds faster, and he had a slower twenty and ten yard time than Greene. But you watch Greene in pads, and I guarantee you that he runs faster than that forty. Greene has enough athleticism and enough knowledge of his routes to make cornerbacks struggle against him on deep balls. Or would you rather have a guy like Chris Givens, who has speed in spades, but can't run a route to save his life?

I am sold on Tavon. Way to be like damn near everyone else and discount Tavon. Is that the "in" thing right now? He and Bailey have had two years. Two years, and they're already busts. Never mind the fact that not even Calvin Johnson reached 1,o00 yards a season in his first two years.

God, I am so sick of it. I hope Tavon and Stedman kill the NFL this year, so that they can prove you and everyone else wrong.

And if they're not worried about Quick's injury, then they have to be dumber than even Linehan was. Quick's shoulder looked like fucking spaghetti when they opened it up. That's a potential career-ender right there. And Quick and Givens are free agents after this year.

lockdnram21

Legend
Forty-times are way too highly thought of. Everyone knows that Rice ran a 4.6. Bruce ran .04 seconds faster than Greene did. Bailey? .01 seconds faster, and he had a slower twenty and ten yard time than Greene. But you watch Greene in pads, and I guarantee you that he runs faster than that forty. Greene has enough athleticism and enough knowledge of his routes to make cornerbacks struggle against him on deep balls. Or would you rather have a guy like Chris Givens, who has speed in spades, but can't run a route to save his life?

I am sold on Tavon. Way to be like damn near everyone else and discount Tavon. Is that the "in" thing right now? He and Bailey have had two years. Two years, and they're already busts. Never mind the fact that not even Calvin Johnson reached 1,o00 yards a season in his first two years.

God, I am so sick of it. I hope Tavon and Stedman kill the NFL this year, so that they can prove you and everyone else wrong.

And if they're not worried about Quick's injury, then they have to be dumber than even Linehan was. Quick's shoulder looked like freaking spaghetti when they opened it up. That's a potential career-ender right there. And Quick and Givens are free agents after this year.
I was never sold on TA as a wr . Never said I didn't belive in Bailey. He should take over the slot. Austin would serve better running ball and catching passes out backfield. That's my point if there worried about Quick's injury they will address it before 3rd round. If we don't get cooper, white, dgb I want Nelson A, or Devin Smith

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love Smelter. Was surprised he wasn't getting any mention on this forum when I put him in my November mock draft (pre-injury). But, he's still a pretty raw WR coming off a late knee injury. Anybody know the seriousness of that injury? Was it clean like Gurley's or a mess like Lattimore's? Will this kid even be able to contribute much in 2015? Pretty important questions given Quick's injury.

BTW, I've noticed that Clemmings is not getting nearly the love that he was getting in the past. I've started to see him VERY late in round one and/or into the 2nd round in mock drafts.

Doubtful. Even if he is healthy, he's raw. But like DeMaryius, if you give him time to develop, I think you'll have a player down the line.

lockdnram21

Legend

I never said TA is a bust he was just picked way to high. He's a pr/rb/kr. He's made 2 note worthy catches in passing game. He might get you 3-5 catches a game just don't see his college game transferring to nfl