Parker vs Cooper & White?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
With some of the Draft experts predicting the Rams will select Parker (I still think they are going with Scherff) with the top pick I am curious how others rate him compared to Cooper & White. Do you think he is there or right behind them talent wise or do you think there is a pretty big gap between him and them? If he hadn't missed those several games due to an injury could teams be considering him as the #1 or #2 WR prospect?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
He came back after a broken foot and absolutely lit it up the rest of the year. I see Cooper and White as 1a and Parker as 1b I do think that if he played the whole year he would possibly be slotted right behind Cooper and in front of White. I would not be upset at all if he was the pick at 10.

Memphis Ram

Legend
1A, 1B,and 1C.

Cooper & White get more hype but you simply can't teach Parker's ridiculous catch radius.

BTW, I read somewhere that Parker broke more tackles, too.

Athos

Legend
Parker has issues that jrry mentioned, namely a slim frame.

But I think the kid can be a TD machine with his crazy body control and quick feet.

He's also the type of WR who will be a chain moving machine. We are missing that, imo. A guy who can grab 75-80 balls and keep the chains moving in a running O.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd be fine with Parker after a slight trade down, as I've mentioned before. Compared to Cooper and White, though...they're both 1a. and 1b. Parker's more like a 2. Not bad in a deep class, but not exactly on their level.

Athos

Legend
I'd be fine with Parker after a slight trade down, as I've mentioned before. Compared to Cooper and White, though...they're both 1a. and 1b. Parker's more like a 2. Not bad in a deep class, but not exactly on their level.

Problem is, you aren't getting Parker with a trade down.

You either take him at 10. Or you don't, because you won't.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Problem is, you aren't getting Parker with a trade down.

You either take him at 10. Or you don't, because you won't.

Then we don't get him. It's not the end of the world if we don't get Devante Parker. This class is packed with receivers, good receivers.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Then we don't get him. It's not the end of the world if we don't get Devante Parker. This class is packed with receivers, good receivers.

Here's the thing, Memento.

Either you want the BPA at WR or you don't. Yeah, there are other fine WR's later. But they're not the best.

Athos is right. Parker won't get past the Vikings at #11.

I could flip the argument like this. It's not the end of the world if we don't get Scherff. This class is packed with OG's, good OG's.

I think Cooper, White, and Parker should be considered as transcendent or elite type players. The kind you just don't pass up at a #10 pick.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

If the top two wide outs (Cooper/White) are off the board & WR Parker is there for the selection. I would seriously hope that Snead is smart enough to field many calls from many WR super needy teams (Browns/Dolphins/Texans & Ravens) then a little less needy teams like (Panthers/Patriots & Bengals). Sure hoping that the slobbering & drooling is heavy for Parker for a trade up with the Rams for the opportunity to select what many here claim is on par with Cooper & White as a top WR prospect!

The Browns have a large amount of ammo to offer up with two first round picks @ #12 & #19,#43,#77, & two 4th round picks #111 & #115. The Patriots & Bengals both have two 3rd rd'ers & two 4th rd'ers to offer up.

As for a slight trade down the Browns @ #12, Dolphins @ #14 & Texans @ #16 may fill your desires Memento.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...015-nfl-draft-top-five-needs-for-all-32-teams

Last edited:

Athos

Legend
If we could tempt people with Parker, get two quality picks, get an Irving and maybe even trade up for DGB (provided things check out) you hit the lottery imo.

Though again, the only WR I'm interested in outside of Coop/White/Parker/DGB, is Smelter. And I'm not sure he's even on Snisher's radar.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If we could tempt people with Parker, get two quality picks, get an Irving and maybe even trade up for DGB (provided things check out) you hit the lottery imo.

Though again, the only WR I'm interested in outside of Coop/White/Parker/DGB, is Smelter. And I'm not sure he's even on Snisher's radar.

Rashad Greene is another guy who should be on the radar. He gets Isaac Bruce/Desean Jackson comparisons.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Here's the thing, Memento.

Either you want the BPA at WR or you don't. Yeah, there are other fine WR's later. But they're not the best.

Athos is right. Parker won't get past the Vikings at #11.

I could flip the argument like this. It's not the end of the world if we don't get Scherff. This class is packed with OG's, good OG's.

I think Cooper, White, and Parker should be considered as transcendent or elite type players. The kind you just don't pass up at a #10 pick.

And I'd agree with you. There are better offensive guards in this draft than Scherff and Flowers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cooper
Parker
White

That's the order I'd choose.

My reservation with Parker is it took until a Senior year to have that big season (would have been statistically impressive if he hadn't missed time).

Athos

Legend
Rashad Greene is another guy who should be on the radar. He gets Isaac Bruce/Desean Jackson comparisons.

Yea. Don't think he has the pure speed D-Jax has. I think Greene is a slot man though. And I still believe we have our slot man in Bailey. Just needs more targets.

I want a flanker/split-end big boy.

My reservation with Parker is it took until a Senior year to have that big season (would have been statistically impressive if he hadn't missed time).

I suppose in terms of yards that's true. But he's been a TD machine. 6 TDs on only 18 REC his freshman year. 10 sophomore. 12 junior. Likely would have had 15+ senior year. Seems like a natural progression. AVG 16+/catch every year.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yea. Don't think he has the pure speed D-Jax has. I think Greene is a slot man though. And I still believe we have our slot man in Bailey. Just needs more targets.

I want a flanker/split-end big boy.

He's the exact same size as Isaac and D-Jax. And he's so good of a route runner that you just can't press him. Greene is going to be a stud at the next level. If we're not looking at Cooper, White, and Parker (after a slight trade down) in the first, we should be looking at DGB, Greene, and Smelter in the later rounds.

lockdnram21

Legend
He's the exact same size as Isaac and D-Jax. And he's so good of a route runner that you just can't press him. Greene is going to be a stud at the next level. If we're not looking at Cooper, White, and Parker (after a slight trade down) in the first, we should be looking at DGB, Greene, and Smelter in the later rounds.
We already have a Greene type Bailey and I hunk Bailey is Better. Britt and Quick/Parker on outside and Bailey in slot. Yes I think Bailey will overtake Austin in slot and Austin will be used as a Rb like sproles