Panthers trying to trade Steve Smith

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
You mean because of all those great Panther receivers he has mentored over the years? Yeah. Nothing says mentor like Steve Immagonnapunchyouout Smith. Dude's a pinhead and he's always been a pinhead. Oh... I think he will always BE a pinhead. But at least he is a 35 year old pinhead.

BTW - Apparently he was released yesterday.
Hey Pinheads are cool as hell man, think of pinhead from Hellraiser...

I rest my case!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ravens sign Steve Smith
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 14, 2014

x350-410-e1351709434523.jpg
Getty Images

Steve Smith wasn’t out of work for long.

Smith, the veteran wide receiver who was released by the Panthers on Thursday, agreed to a contract with the Ravens on Friday. It’s a three-year deal, Adam Schefter of ESPN first reported and the Ravens have announced.

Baltimore needed to bolster its offense after a disappointing 2013 season, and Smith qualifies. Although he’s not quite the player he once was, he was the No. 1 receiver on the Panthers last year and will be a solid addition to the passing game in Baltimore this year. There’s no immediate word on the financial terms of the contract, but it was apparently enough to make Smith decide to cancel the other visits he had lined up.

And yes, the Ravens will play the Panthers in 2014, in Baltimore. Smith promised “blood and guts everywhere” when he faces his former team. Let’s hope it’s in prime time.