Panthers Steve Smith goes Off!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Can't say I blame the savy vet I saw some of that game and very questionable calls. But that's just me. :boing:
PFT Sports talk
Darin Gantt
updated 5:34 pm. EDT Oct. 7, 2013
Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith took responsibility for his own drops, but had plenty of blame to spread around.

Smith said Monday that the Caridnals’ coverage moved from physical to “molesting,” and took shots at umpire Dan Ferrell, calling him “garbage.”

“I got a [pass interference] penalty, which is very interesting. I got leg-humped and hugged a few times,” Smith said, via Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer. “Being a pretty good flag football player, I think I got my flag pulled on my jersey a few times. . . .

“I was told by the referee — whatever judge he was, No. 64. He told me on my route [that] I felt like I got held, where [Patrick Peterson] had the back of my jersey and used that to slingshot his way through and bat the ball down. He said he grabbed my jersey, he saw it, but he didn’t think it was enough that changed the course of the route.

“I’ve only been playing football for a little bit, just picked it up. So I said OK. I really believe years past I would’ve went off. But that’s what he felt and that’s what he said and he repeatedly explained it to me.”

Smith, who has enough self-awareness to make a joke about the time he broke his arm playing flag football in the offseason, knows full well that his comments might not sit well with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

“To be honest, I make enough money where if Roger wants to fine me he can,” Smith said. “But I really think that referee probably was the sorriest referee that I have ever met.

“When I dove for the first down [and] he was standing right there, he didn’t even acknowledge — he received a check that day and I hope he feels good. He was terrible. He was garbage.”

Of course, the same could be said of the game Ferrell was calling, which Smith had a hand and a leg in as well.

iced

cant blame him

some of the worst officiating i've seen this year - especially the texan/houston game... couple encroachments (more than 2) were wrongly called - saw offensive linemen flinching

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Bring back the replacement calls, at least the bullshit calls were balanced... :what:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The zebras really have taken a huge turn for the worse this year. It's extremely frustrating watching their ineptness.

Good for Steve Smith. Truth.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
The zebras really have taken a huge turn for the worse this year. It's extremely frustrating watching their ineptness.

They aren't any better than the replacements , last years uproar was a total union backed smear campaign which IMO had it continued would have culminated in violence.
I therefore say to Steve Smith STFU sometime Jah punishes you by granting your desires

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thordaddy said:
Selassie I said:

They aren't any better than the replacements , last years uproar was a total union backed smear campaign which IMO had it continued would have culminated in violence.
I therefore say to Steve Smith STFU sometime Jah punishes you by granting your desires

LOL. Good one TD.

I like Smith as long as he's not playing us. He let's his mouth run free.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If officiating was just plain 'bad' then teams like the seacocks, whiners & cheatriots would not get ALL the calls in their favor. BAD = random, and this yrs officiating is anything but random.