@Panthers, 2013 = @Vikings, 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Russell

UDFA
Name
Ben
Greetings all,

Firstly I want to thank each and every one of you who contribute to this wonderful forum. Being a Rams fan over here in the UK I find ROD a godsend; not only for the latest Rams news (which is difficult to get over here) but for the reasoned, well thought out debate which is prevalent throughout. A real hats off to everyone who makes this forum the delight I find it to read each and every day.

Now onto my point; I don't know if this has been covered, but to me at least, Sunday's game seems eerily similar to the game against the Panthers in 2013. We were 3-3 going into that game, hot off a two game winning streak against inferior opposition. The Panthers also at 3-3 had recovered from an 0-2 start and it felt to me like this could be a game that, were the Rams to win,could really put us in the playoff hunt and take us to the next level.

We all know how that game turned out, with Bradford throwing a pick-6 on the first play from scrimmage, to Captain Munnerlyn of all people. Frustating officiating, not helped by our own stupid mistakes (I'm thinking of the Jake Long trip which called back a Tavon Austin bomb) and ultimately the Rams completely losing their heads. Chris Long being ejected, the Janoris Jenkins/Steve Smith incident and then Bradford playing his last meaningful snap in a Rams jersey.

After this game the Panthers went on to compile a 12-4 season, a division title in '14 (albeit with a 7-8-1 record) and are undefeated thus far in '15. Meanwhile the Rams slipped back into mediocrity.

I see Sunday's match up as a similar kind of breakthrough game and whilst it's my opinion that the 2015 Rams are superior to that '13 team in terms of talent and experience, I hope against hope it's not another false dawn!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was at that game and Bradford went down right in front of me . I could see by the pain he was in that his and the Rams season was over It was a long 8 hour drive home

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's only room for a few of us from the UK, can you please leave immediately.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Greetings all,

Firstly I want to thank each and every one of you who contribute to this wonderful forum. Being a Rams fan over here in the UK I find ROD a godsend; not only for the latest Rams news (which is difficult to get over here) but for the reasoned, well thought out debate which is prevalent throughout. A real hats off to everyone who makes this forum the delight I find it to read each and every day.

Now onto my point; I don't know if this has been covered, but to me at least, Sunday's game seems eerily similar to the game against the Panthers in 2013. We were 3-3 going into that game, hot off a two game winning streak against inferior opposition. The Panthers also at 3-3 had recovered from an 0-2 start and it felt to me like this could be a game that, were the Rams to win,could really put us in the playoff hunt and take us to the next level.

We all know how that game turned out, with Bradford throwing a pick-6 on the first play from scrimmage, to Captain Munnerlyn of all people. Frustating officiating, not helped by our own stupid mistakes (I'm thinking of the Jake Long trip which called back a Tavon Austin bomb) and ultimately the Rams completely losing their heads. Chris Long being ejected, the Janoris Jenkins/Steve Smith incident and then Bradford playing his last meaningful snap in a Rams jersey.

After this game the Panthers went on to compile a 12-4 season, a division title in '14 (albeit with a 7-8-1 record) and are undefeated thus far in '15. Meanwhile the Rams slipped back into mediocrity.

I see Sunday's match up as a similar kind of breakthrough game and whilst it's my opinion that the 2015 Rams are superior to that '13 team in terms of talent and experience, I hope against hope it's not another false dawn!

So what you're saying is...

Teddy B is playing his last meaningful snap for the viqueens this season on sunday.

The Rams are winning the NFC Best this year.

And next year, the Rams will start the season 7-0.

Sounds like that's what you're saying to me there @Russell ,,, and I like what I'm hearing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. The 2015 Rams have two things that the 2013 Rams didn't:
1. A top 3 defense in the NFL
and
2. Todd Gurley

Plus, Bill Vinodouche isn't reffing this game and won't be actively screwing us at every turn.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
That Panthers game still annoys me two years later. We should have won. Awful referees and a stupid Jake Long tripping penalty. Bradford was playing lights out. Then hes done. Season over and then two seasons over because we wouldn't move on from him or keep him healthy (not that that was anyone's fault really). We're only just recovering from that Panthers game now and getting back into playing the quality of football we were playing that year...screw Captain Munnerlyn. Hope he gets burned to a crisp on Sunday.

However - as Jrry32 says we're different now. More resiliant because the defense is now legitimate. Top 3 - its elite. And the Toddfather.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We could see the Panthers in the play-offs this year! I sure hope so, Pay-Backs-a-Bitch!! And we OWE them!!!:shades:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Panthers are better now than they were then. That defense is something special - a bit like ours. Cam is Mr do it all Superman. He's turned into a really reliable guy as well as having that superstar talent. I always think "well who can they throw the ball too?" but it doesn't seem to matter too much. They have guys that step up when someone else goes down. They're quite an easy team to root for actually.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
This DEFENSE will FIGHT ALL MY BATTLES I've had with this 4 Time loser of the biggest game in our sport & league. So Glad Warner & GSOT got me a DVD (To Keep FOREVER) of the purple Roadkill on our way to BECOMING WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

The fact NO ONE is bragging on our Defensive backfield and how they come out of the freakin Tunnel like HEAT SEEKING MISSILES . WR's/RB's and Bridgewater possibly could get a year taken off their life. Since the skins game Captain JL is playing LIGHTS OUT football and at this pace may NOT be able to be unseated by a Top draft pick due to the smarts that go with his skills ON the field. Knowing in no order a DE,WR,TE,MLB are our top needs. Keep feeding the BEAST! Then add Mark Barron Raising the Bar one Level after we lose Alec Ogletree till our last two Division games ON THE ROAD to cement what Playoff games we WILL PLAY IN.

DONALD & BROCKERS are playing at a level that BEGS for a Landmark game . I Would start MY Franchise with THESE TWO. Say No More. The players playing DE on our Team have gotten Pub for years but ALL their Backups are matching the level of play of their supposed starters. THIS DEFENSE IS STACKED!!! Penetration like you have 6 rushers coming from the FRONT FOUR who are ROTATING and the Backups are just a MINUTE drop off their weak and spot filled OL will get to try to hold off a commonly sacked and running QB.

This is not meant to sound like a foreward to a Horror Movie but we have NEVER had a "D" playing at this level in DECADES that we could not mention that one Weakspot. I'm SOOO Freaking Proud if we can remain Healthy just what this bunch is gonna do and playing us will mess up your immediate schedule as it will take weeks to get over like the illegal hit that an unnamed LB put on our QB , that I think should have recovered from after some good throws last week. We just NEED a couple good 3rd down throws in this game and no turnovers as Fisher has ripped out a few of our plays from the gun slinging playbook. A close to the Vest game ALL THE WAY. GURLEYII in the 4th Quarter and you better be DVRing this one. Wonder if the "O" can Outscore the "D" this week? NO RAM INJURIESSS!!!:yess:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Panthers are better now than they were then. That defense is something special - a bit like ours. Cam is Mr do it all Superman. He's turned into a really reliable guy as well as having that superstar talent. I always think "well who can they throw the ball too?" but it doesn't seem to matter too much. They have guys that step up when someone else goes down. They're quite an easy team to root for actually.

I still have nothing but bitter disdain for the Panthers. The way the we're so chippy and instigating in that game, then the douchebag safety gloating over Sam as he laid on the ground in pain. It will be a long time before I can say I find them easy to root for , even if a few iPod the key players in that match up are gone. Sam was playing his best football and the team was responding. It looked like a possible winning season for once. That was a crushing game for our season hopes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The big thing to me is that IF the Rams win they will be 5-3. I can't even imagine what that would feel like it has simply been too long.

Has this team matured finally to the point where they're gonna take care of business? They have the talent to handle this Vikes team if they play well, so in that respect that is a difference this time around. That Rams team was not a finished product as a roster, they had a lot of holes not to mention some poor coordinators bringing them along. This team is stocked man. They're missing their starting LDE and CB in Long and Gaines and haven't missed a beat. Williams is the real deal as a DC too, so I just don't see the defense disappointing like they have so many times in the past.

Offense is gonna 3 and out, they're gonna punt and play field position. Cigs isn't an elite OC yet and not sure if he's even a good one yet tbh. But the Rams' style of play is different now, it's about building a lead as they get those explosive plays around the field position and their defense stifles the opposition. So my suggestion is just enjoy this place and time, because this might be the game that really serves notice that this team is here to stay. If they lose, well, we've all been there but hopefully it won't come to that.

EDIT: oh and welcome to the board brother, nice first post!