Painful morning!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've had a tooth giving me warning signs for a couple of weeks so with the ROD event looming just a dozen day away I thought it best to get to the dentist to see what was going on. I worked last night and figured it best to try to get in at the dentist the first thing this morning. Of course, I didn't have time to eat nor did I really want to before people dig into my pie hole. The tooth had a crown on it so I thought, "oh great, here comes a root canal and of course they will destroy the crown when they try to take it off. Being a gold crown and situated half way down my throat, I felt pretty confident this crown was history.

Well, upon further review, this particular tooth already had a root canal performed on it. The problem was the root itself had split. Wonderful! The only remedy was for the dentist to stand on my face and pry bits and pieces of this $1500 former work of art out of my skull. Of course, after trying to fracture my skull, he gets all of it out to be staring at my nasal cavity. Good thing is the procedure is done in about an hour and I'm all stitched up, antibiotic'd up, pain pilled up, and gumming on that side for awhile. At least it won't be a threat for the Seattle game.

The neat part of it was they took four vials of my blood, spun them down to separate the platelets, and stuffed the crater in my skull with the goo to expedite healing. First time I've seen what my spun-down blood looks like. Hopefully, I can cheat my bad luck tonight as I try to go back to work.

Brush your teeth kiddies because the pain in your noggin and your wallet is substantial down the road!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It's always something isn't it? Had many teeth pulled out in 93 because my doctor told me the infections would eventually kill me if I didn't. I had avoided the dentist like the plague up until then and it cost me big time. My ex-sister-in-law manned the laughing gas during that procedure and it turned out gave me more than I needed. :)

Yes, do take care of your teeth, especially while you're young. Hope you heal up soon, Ramhusker.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I've had a tooth giving me warning signs for a couple of weeks so with the ROD event looming just a dozen day away I thought it best to get to the dentist to see what was going on. I worked last night and figured it best to try to get in at the dentist the first thing this morning. Of course, I didn't have time to eat nor did I really want to before people dig into my pie hole. The tooth had a crown on it so I thought, "oh great, here comes a root canal and of course they will destroy the crown when they try to take it off. Being a gold crown and situated half way down my throat, I felt pretty confident this crown was history.

Well, upon further review, this particular tooth already had a root canal performed on it. The problem was the root itself had split. Wonderful! The only remedy was for the dentist to stand on my face and pry bits and pieces of this $1500 former work of art out of my skull. Of course, after trying to fracture my skull, he gets all of it out to be staring at my nasal cavity. Good thing is the procedure is done in about an hour and I'm all stitched up, antibiotic'd up, pain pilled up, and gumming on that side for awhile. At least it won't be a threat for the Seattle game.

The neat part of it was they took four vials of my blood, spun them down to separate the platelets, and stuffed the crater in my skull with the goo to expedite healing. First time I've seen what my spun-down blood looks like. Hopefully, I can cheat my bad luck tonight as I try to go back to work.

Brush your teeth kiddies because the pain in your noggin and your wallet is substantial down the road!
I'm facing the exact situation. Broken root under a crown. Not a lot of pain yet but it has to come out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And I have a broken tooth next to a crown. Yippee. I figure I can wait it out another few months and have them put a crown on it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I'm happy to hear you were able to solve your problem Bo. Sounds terrible.

No way you were going to miss the game for a tooth issue!!! No matter how severe. LOL

I'm getting my pitiful ass up there,,, soooo,,, I know you will too !!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm happy to hear you were able to solve your problem Bo. Sounds terrible.

No way you were going to miss the game for a tooth issue!!! No matter how severe. LOL

I'm getting my pitiful ass up there,,, soooo,,, I know you will too !!!!
Oh yeah, wild horses. Should be healed in plenty of time. If not, I'll soak it some kind of alcohol all weekend! ;)

beej

Rookie
It was a painful morning for me as well. I lost my mom last night after a lengthy battle with cancer. On the positive side. I was awarded a lot of great time with her going to chemo, doctors and hospital visits., that I might not have otherwise made time for. we got to have some great visits in the car rides and at her house as I spent the night the past few weeks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It was a painful morning for me as well. I lost my mom last night after a lengthy battle with cancer. On the positive side. I was awarded a lot of great time with her going to chemo, doctors and hospital visits., that I might not have otherwise made time for. we got to have some great visits in the car rides and at her house as I spent the night the past few weeks.
Sorry to hear it bro. I lost mine this year also. No matter how old you get, it's never easy to tell mom so long.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I'm so sorry for your loss, beej. My utmost condolences.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I'm sorry to hear that. My sympathies to you and your family.

beej

Rookie
Thanks, guysand I'm sorry for hijacking this thread. I probably shouldn't have done that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks, guysand I'm sorry for hijacking this thread. I probably shouldn't have done that.
Not an issue. When your mom passes, all other things don't have to fit into any categories.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Best wishes Beej. Sorry for your loss.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Deepest condolences, Beej.

Not only were you blessed to have that time at the end, but blessed to recognize that the time itself was a blessing. Some are granted that gift and don't recognize it as such while they are grieving.

Be well, brother, and know you don't grieve alone.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gotta be my biggest fear - losing one of my parents. They are both doing well but they are getting up there and we have a pretty tight family. So sorry to hear this Beej and Bo. My heart is with you.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can't imagine anyone is worried about hijacking a thread with all this. That all pales.
Not an issue. When your mom passes, all other things don't have to fit into any categories.
You said it there man.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not at all. Thanks for sharing something so painful and personal with your Rams brothers. Lost my mom 4 years ago one day after my birthday. The pain of the loss subsides little by little as the years go by.