Pacman Jones ordered to pay $12.4M to shooting victims

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nes-ordered-to-pay-12-4m-to-shooting-victims/

Pacman Jones ordered to pay $12.4M to shooting victims
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 9, 2015

350x-18.jpg
AP

Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones has been ordered to pay $12.4 million to the victims of a Las Vegas shooting after he lost an appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court.

Two doormen at a Las Vegas strip club sued Jones after they were shot during an incident in 2007. Jones didn’t pull the trigger, but a jury found he incited the melee at the strip club that precipitated the shooting.

The bulk of the $12.4 million will go to Tommy Urbanski, who was paralyzed in the shooting. Urbanski’s co-worker Aaron Cudworth was also shot and awarded damages from Jones, though Cudworth’s injuries were not as severe.

Jones’s lawyer, Lisa Rasmussen, has previously said that Jones cannot afford to pay the damages.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Good luck getting the money, he will find a way to turd his way out of it.

I bet he wished he had all that makin' it rain money back in his bank LOL.

Idjit.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe others will learn from it. He will never be rich again. He'll have to work after the NFL - and that money will be subject to garnishment. I'm sure he'll try to hide income - but he'll have to worry that somebody will turn him in on it.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Sorry my friends, but this is total bullshit.
Absolute total bullshit.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
As in Donald Brown's dad should have to pay all the store owners for damages to their buildings, right?
He did say to burn the mofo's down, right?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jones’s lawyer, Lisa Rasmussen, has previously said that Jones cannot afford to pay the damages
Which probably means that the victims won't see any real money. Incredibly effective justice system we've got here in America.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Which probably means that the victims won't see any real money. Incredibly effective justice system we've got here in America.

Granted, it does suck - but just 'cuz shit happens, doesn't necessarily mean someone has to pay, unless of course, you're a lawyer.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Granted, it does suck - but just 'cuz crap happens, doesn't necessarily mean someone has to pay, unless of course, you're a lawyer.
So what's the solution? Have the courts award paper certificates and bragging rights instead of financial restitution or compensation? Lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So what's the solution? Have the courts award paper certificates and bragging rights instead of financial restitution or compensation? Lol.

Maybe a sticker or a ribbon.

@Akrasian sadly nobody will learn from it, this type of thing will keep happening over and over.

lockdnram21

Legend
i dont see him at fault he didnt kill nobody. yes he did something stupid by making it rain but he didnt kill anybody

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Maybe this souvenir - "I was crippled thanks to Pacman Jones and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I don't get how he is being held financially responsible??? wtf?