Packers-Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
DR RAM said:
I hate to say this, and they should have called the push off for offensive PI, but if Taint had both hands on the ball, it was dual possession and a TD. There is no distinction in the rule book that states more possession than the other guy. I wanted Green Bay to win.

That being said, about 70% of the calls tonight were bad ones, much like ALL the other games.

DR-From what they were saying dual possession applies if they both had it at the same time. It looks like GB had possession first and then when they came to the ground Taint just put (what looks like 1 hand really) on the ball.
But you're right it was pass interference to begin with but they never call that on the last play.

How about the PI on Shields earlier when he played perfect D...I have no clue what that ref was calling. If anything it was offensive PI..

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I might just drive out to seattle and punch the sh*t out of Pete Carroll. How he can look in the camera and say, with a straight face, they won just makes me want to puke. Pete the Cheat you and your seahawks better strap on the helmets cause the RAMS are going to fucking knock you out!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Listening to McCarthy's post-game interview and his first words out of his mouth were "Don't ask me any questions about the referees. You want to ask me about the game, and I will answer those questions." He is holding it together pretty well. I would be a raving maniac. :censored: :censored: :censored:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:
I hate to say this, and they should have called the push off for offensive PI, but if Taint had both hands on the ball, it was dual possession and a TD. There is no distinction in the rule book that states more possession than the other guy. I wanted Green Bay to win.

That being said, about 70% of the calls tonight were bad ones, much like ALL the other games.

DR-From what they were saying dual possession applies if they both had it at the same time. It looks like GB had possession first and then when they came to the ground Taint just put (what looks like 1 hand really) on the ball.
But you're right it was pass interference to begin with but they never call that on the last play.

How about the PI on Shields earlier when he played perfect D...I have no clue what that ref was calling. If anything it was offensive PI..
Horrible earlier call, and horrible no call, but on the TD, they were still in the air, the INT had not been completed, and I couldn't see his other arm to determine if he had it in there or not before they hit the ground. That is what they must have determined, but I'm telling you, more possession that Gruden was spouting, doesn't exist. I was taught as a receiver when I played that if the ball was picked off, to grab it with both hands. I was screaming for Jennings to just roll over. If Jennings would have rolled over and came up with the ball, or even had 2 hands to Taint's 1, then it would have been a GB victory, or more importantly a Seafuckers loss. With these refs, you have to be clear as fuck, and not give them any excuse to fuck it up.

I watch most of the GB games with my buddy who is a huge fan, and he was just breaking shit and blowing up.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
2 things. These refs will never be able to step foot in Wisconsin, and the next penalty called against GB next week may incite a riot.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

Thing is, it wasn't dual possession until after both players were on the ground. Jennings had clear possession, while Taint had one arm in and the other hand just on the ball. Then they began wrestling. But the calls on the field contradicted each other. One ref was waving for a Touchback, the other guy had his hands up signaling TD, and those calls came before any of the wrestling. So, I don't know how the Head ref could say the call on the field stands. Which call?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ram Quixote said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

Thing is, it wasn't dual possession until after both players were on the ground. Jennings had clear possession, while Taint had one arm in and the other hand just on the ball. Then they began wrestling. But the calls on the field contradicted each other. One ref was waving for a Touchback, the other guy had his hands up signaling TD, and those calls came before any of the wrestling. So, I don't know how the Head ref could say the call on the field stands. Which call?
So, you saw his other arm? I didn't. And it's not clear possession until the catch is completed, by rule.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The substitute teachers are an embarrassment to our intelligence.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It shouldn't have even come to that, the worse blown call was the non offensive INT call that preceded that call. It was an easy offensive PI call.

I don't even think the last call was a good one, because that is a subtlety of the rule that the regular refs would probably have called the other way, just like some of the roughing the passer calls in this game and others. These refs don't know the subtlety of the rules.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
LOL, These refs are a joke....I feel so bad for them though these dudes are embarrassing the NFL name. Screw it game over, I won money on this game so I kind of thank the Refs for being stupid.... :lmao:

Speeps

Starter
I have never thought I would see this. The NFL lost all integrity. How do you impeach the commish? He has ruined the league.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
hOrH7.jpg

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

So, you saw his other arm? I didn't. And it's not clear possession until the catch is completed, by rule.
Taint's left arm was up in Jennings' arm when the catch was first made. His right arm didn't reach the ball until Jennings was on the ground. Taint was reaching for the ball but mostly what he touched was Jennings' arms. Plus he was reaching around Jennings.

You're right about the subtleties. The regular refs would have called an INT because Taint's hold was more on Jennings than the ball. Despite Gruden's lack of understanding about dual possession, he does have the spirit of the rule correct.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ram Quixote said:
DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

Taint's left arm was up in Jennings' arm when the catch was first made. His right arm didn't reach the ball until Jennings was on the ground. Taint was reaching for the ball but mostly what he touched was Jennings' arms. Plus he was reaching around Jennings.

You're right about the subtleties. The regular refs would have called an INT because Taint's hold was more on Jennings than the ball. Despite Gruden's lack of understanding about dual possession, he does have the spirit of the rule correct.
Yeah, I saw his right arm, now. In my original post, I said "IF both arms were on the ball," that was what they called(dual possession). He didn't have both arms...bad call, preceded by a worse no call. I can see what they were thinking and how they missed that, but still, these guys are just stinky.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You know what pissed me off, the Seafuckers running around like they did something. If anything, that was a gift, they should have been humble. Golden "boy fuckface" Taint on the push off..."I don't know what you're talking about." Own up to it, you fuck.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Wow. ESPN is interviewing everyone they can for their opinion on this. So far, everyone has the same opinion. What varies is the opinions on how soon the league and the union can reach an agreement. Leverage be damned.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I watched the entire game. I watched that play at least twenty times already, and I still can't believe that the people that dare to call themselves referees blew such an obvious call.

Absolutely fucking unacceptable. Completely fucking disgraceful. A fucking travesty of which the likes have never been seen. None of those adequately describe how I feel right now.

Get these replacements out of here. Get them all out. And as for the people who were put in charge of calling this game...ban them from football for good. I don't want to see them near any football field. This was a fix. What happened in this game can't be described as anything less.

There are Seahawks fans who are online right now who are saying that they should have lost. They're saying that all of the calls went against the Packers. That should tell you the magnitude of this. Nobody is happy with this call. Nobody.