Packers requested bye week to be changed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
The Packers requested their bye week be changed and the NFL granted it. The NFL now says their bye week is week 14 the week before playing the Rams. What bullshit. Everyone bending over for Rodgers. I hope the Rams mop the floor with his face. The breaks the Packers get just makes me puke sometimes. One of my relations owns stock in the Packers and he and I don't see anywhere near eye to eye when it comes to the Packers.

What a bunch of spoiled whiners. I hope the weather gods make it sunny and warm for the Rams game. I hope Aaron breaks Rodgers. :mad:

I mean... asking is free. Noone here is crazy about the Rams early bye, if our FO would've asked and gotten it changed I don't think anyone would complain. Good on the Packers for at least asking the question.

p.s. I also hope we mop the floor with his face :fistbump1:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Rams sort of have a bye that week as well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big deal. Rams ask for things every year and for the most part get them every team does.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What was the reason given to the league for needing the Bye Week changed???

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Packers requested their bye week be changed and the NFL granted it. The NFL now says their bye week is week 14 the week before playing the Rams. What bullshit. Everyone bending over for Rodgers. I hope the Rams mop the floor with his face. The breaks the Packers get just makes me puke sometimes. One of my relations owns stock in the Packers and he and I don't see anywhere near eye to eye when it comes to the Packers.

What a bunch of spoiled whiners. I hope the weather gods make it sunny and warm for the Rams game. I hope Aaron breaks Rodgers. :mad:
Please include links and sources when creating threads. Thanks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please include links and sources when creating threads. Thanks.
Yes, good call.
Because this tells a different story of why they requested it.
"Instead of having to play 12 straight games to end the season, the Packers will play 13 straight to start the season but get a valuable week off in December to rest up and get healthy for the stretch run and into the playoffs."
Also:
"The Minnesota Vikings are doing the same; Kevin O’Connell’s team plays in London in Week 4 but delayed the bye week until Week 7."
Finally,
"The downside is having to play the New York Jets just seven days after facing the Giants in London"
Sounds like a bye week to me......

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If a team can move its bye week, why aren’t we? Or anyone else? What precedent does that set? It’s BS IMHO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If a team can move its bye week, why aren’t we? Or anyone else? What precedent does that set? It’s BS IMHO.
The precedent had been set long ago when the NFL decided to give teams the option to do so when playing over seas.
There's nothing out of whack here. Vikings also moved bye

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can ask for certain scheduling considerations and the Rams do every year. I've posted many of the draft reveal phone calls and the Rams talk about those requests of theirs. As for bye week there are pluses and minuses to early and late bye weeks. Nothing is ever perfect.