Packers hire ex-Rams running backs coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/17/packers-finalize-coaching-staff/

Packers finalize coaching staff
Posted by Zac Jackson on February 17, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwjjngyym2vmmje1y2vhn2e2ywrhy2e0yjrmnzi2mtiz-e1425530330835.jpeg
Getty Images

The Packers finalized the team’s 2016 coaching staff on Wednesday.

The announcement included the hiring of tight ends coach Brian Angelicho and running backs coach Ben Sirmans and two internal promotions. Ejiro Evero was named defensive quality control coach, Luke Getsy was promoted to wide receivers coach and David Raih was promoted to assistant offensive line coach.

Angelicho was tight ends coach with the Browns the last two seasons. Sirmans spent the last four seasons as running backs coach with the Rams.

Getsy, a college quarterback at Pitt and Akron, has been on the Packers staff as offensive quality control coach the last two seasons. Raih was promoted after two seasons as coaching administrator.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
This was the one firing I could not figure out. Rams running backs were doing well if not excellent with a low bust rate and a few surprise gems. I understood changes at qb / wr coaches, but this one seemed odd.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This was the one firing I could not figure out. Rams running backs were doing well if not excellent with a low bust rate and a few surprise gems. I understood changes at qb / wr coaches, but this one seemed odd.

Maybe a personality issue or he didn't want to move to LA.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Fisher was probably feeling threatened having a competent offensive coach.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Letting Ben Sirmans go was the right move. Our running backs were always regressing in their second year. The Packers need to hire a diet coach for Eddy Lacy though or he will be playing left tackle soon.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Letting Ben Sirmans go was the right move. Our running backs were always regressing in their second year. The Packers need to hire a diet coach for Eddy Lacy though or he will be playing left tackle soon.

This. Both points #1 and #2.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Hahaha

You were reading my mind. Although I was going to be way more crude if I had posted about that fat ass Lacy.