Packers hire ex-Rams RB's coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rs-hiring-ben-sirmans-as-running-backs-coach/

Report: Packers hiring Ben Sirmans as running backs coach
Posted by Josh Alper on January 24, 2016

The Packers fired a pair of offensive assistants after losing to the Cardinals last weekend and they haven’t wasted much time lining up replacements.

Brian Angelichio will be the new tight ends coach, replacing Jerry Fontenot, and Alex Marvez of FOX Sports reports that Ben Sirmans will take over as running backs coach. Sam Gash was dismissed from that role last week.

Sirmans spent the last four years in the same position with the Rams. In each of the last three seasons, Sirmans has seen a rookie take the top spot on the depth chart but he’s likely to have a different task on his hands this year. Getting Eddie Lacy back to a consistent level of production will probably be the top priority in Green Bay, although Sirmans’ experience working with younger backs could come in handy if James Starks leaves as a free agent.

The Rams job was Sirmans’ first in the NFL. He coached running backs at Boston College and Michigan State before moving to the professional ranks.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good hire by Packers actually felt Sirmans did a decent job, however, I understand wanting to go in another direction if the Rams actually hire somebody.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every RB under Sirmans showed regression in year 2 it seems. Fish should be able to find some really good coaches at the collegiate level as well for the RB position if necessary.

The key is bringing in the right guy to supplement Boras with the passing game. Really hope Fish gets this right, because a good teacher is gonna be needed with new pieces at QB and WR and maybe TE as well.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Every RB under Sirmans showed regression in year 2 it seems. Fish should be able to find some really good coaches at the collegiate level as well for the RB position if necessary.

Exactly. DRich. Stacy. Mason.

I just don't get it, but the change was justifiable based on the record.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Clearly, the packers have no idea how to hire a qualified coach.