Packers have leapfrogged Seahawks as Super Bowl favorites

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Makes sense since the Seahawks have to play the Rams, Cards, and 49ers twice, while the Packers play twice against the Bears, Lions, and Vikings. I wonder how the Rams and Packers would do if they swapped divisions?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...leapfrogged-seahawks-as-super-bowl-favorites/

Packers have leapfrogged Seahawks as Super Bowl favorites
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 2, 2015

2ce9da85ab0b753e68cd5996b2ec8d2d.jpeg
AP

Maybe a summer of Russell Wilson contract drama is rubbing off on the betting public.

Whether it’s that or the relative stability in other precincts, there’s a new Super Bowl favorite in Las Vegas.

Kevin Bradley, the sports book manager at Bovada.lv, said the Seahawks no longer carried their best odds to win the title.

“The Super Bowl runner-up Seahawks had been favorite to win it all in 2016 since their loss back in February but there is very little support for them from a betting perspective,” Bradley said. “The Packers have now jumped to the favorite position at 6/1 and have seen more money than any other team. If the Hawks can get there again and win the Super Bowl, it would be the best result for the book and I do not see that changing any time soon.”

The Seahawks are still second on their list at 13/2, followed by the Colts (8/1), Patriots (9/1) and Cowboys (10/1).

And now that I’ve written my second gambling-related item of the day, it’s time to pour one out in honor of our former PFT colleague Morris Wilkening.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
It might sound crazy the NFC is pretty wide open next year. If the Rams defense picks up where it left off and we get a nice improvement from our offense, we could win the NFC West. There really is no dominant team in the NFC right now