Packers fan gets all stabby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-...mes-in-altercation-over-inflatable/396670751/

Vikings reach out to fan stabbed in Wisconsin, invite him to practice and game
The rivalry between Vikings and Packers fans took an ugly turn when police say a man in Stoughton, Wis., was stabbed seven times after confronting another man who was trying to vandalize an inflatable Viking in his front yard.
By Michael Rand

vikingstabbing-300x203.png

What is normally a good-natured rivalry between the Vikings and Packers took an extremely ugly turn Sunday when police say a man in Stoughton, Wis., was stabbed seven times after confronting another man who was trying to vandalize an inflatable Viking outside his house.

Channel3000.com has many of the harrowing details, including the image used here and a video interview with the victim. The Vikings fan — Dave Moschel, a father of six — said he was sitting down to watch football Sunday night shortly after 7 p.m. when the 21-year-old suspect — who was arrested on suspicion of reckless endangerment and criminal damage to property — started trying to slice up the giant inflatable Viking in his yard shortly after Minnesota went to 5-0 on the season.

Moschel said he confronted the man, and in the ensuing scuffle he was sliced seven times with a box cutter. Perhaps the most harrowing part of the story is this:

Moschel said he’s lucky to be alive and so is the man who stabbed him. “Luckily, I didn’t have my concealed carry on me at the time,” Moschel said. “Ninety-nine percent of the time I leave the house, I never leave without it. And this is the one time I did. I’m kind of glad I did, because he would have been dead, and I would have had to live with that.

Moschel also said he plans to patch up the inflatable and keep displaying it proudly on his lawn.

According to a Vikings spokesman, the team was made aware of the incident by a friend of Moschel. The Vikings have invited him to be their guest at a future practice and attend the Vikings’ game vs. the Cardinals on Nov. 20 at U.S. Bank Stadium.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
When you get THAT worked up, to the point you become violent, over a game played by other people, of which you play no part in their successes or failures...
Find another hobby. Or forget how to breathe. The world is no longer in need of your services.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
This is why I carry a gun at all times, unless at work (TSA doesn't like that)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When you get THAT worked up, to the point you become violent, over a game played by other people, of which you play no part in their successes or failures...
Find another hobby. Or forget how to breathe. The world is no longer in need of your services.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/11/packers-fan-stabs-vikings-fan-seven-times/#comments

Its a game played by people you will likely never meet and really don’t care about you except maybe in the abstract. How pathetic must your life be if you first destroy and the stab someone over an inflatable toy?
---------
vandalizing an INFLATABLE Viking? Pack fans, just for my information, is it that hard to get a date in Wisconsin? Only fans I know who tear into inflatables are Patriot fans and their Brady blow-ups.
----------
The day I take any sport that seriously is the day I quit.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I don't think this guy needs a CCW if he is glad he didn't have it on him. that's what they are for to protect yourself from idiots like this knife holding idiot. what would happen to his family if he would have died you cant take that chance. stabbing a guy because of a blowup football caricature? we need less of these clowns in our society.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
vandalizing an INFLATABLE Viking? Pack fans, just for my information, is it that hard to get a date in Wisconsin? Only fans I know who tear into inflatables are Patriot fans and their Brady blow-ups.
lol.nice

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
This is why I carry a gun at all times, unless at work (TSA doesn't like that)
I would have just called the cops and let them shoot his ass to be honest and I own over 20 rifles and handguns. I would kill anyone that would try to hurt my family but it's a stupid inflatable Viking for God's sake.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
He should have called the police when he saw the dude attacking his inflatable lawn toy with a box cutter.

But hypothetically replacing the lawn toy with a family member, he should have approached the dude with intention of stopping the threat.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I once hung a Penn State banner on someone's house late into the night, after PSU defeated Notre Dame. I thought she was going to murder someone that next morning, but she didn't know who did it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yet another reason never to set foot in the State of Wisconsin.

The Making A Murderer series was my first warning never to go there.