Paceram's Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am taking an attempt at my 1st ever NFL Mock Draft!

1st Round: OT/OG Brandon Scherff (IF, he is there he is the guy I want!)
2nd Round: OC Cameron Erving
3rd Round: OG Laken Tomlinson
5th Round: OT Rob Halverstein
7th Round: OG Adam Shead (6'4" 340lbs)

OK - I am being a little facetious but I really am hoping the Rams finally take care of their OL
problems (Draft, FA, Trade, etc) before the start of the 2015 season! I am guessing
this will probably be my last Mock Draft!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I am taking an attempt at my 1st ever NFL Mock Draft!

1st Round: OT/OG Brandon Scherff (IF, he is there he is the guy I want!)
2nd Round: OC Cameron Erving
3rd Round: OG Laken Tomlinson
5th Round: OT Rob Halverstein
7th Round: OG Adam Shead (6'4" 340lbs)

OK - I am being a little facetious but I really am hoping the Rams finally take care of their OL
problems (Draft, FA, Trade, etc) before the start of the 2015 season! I am guessing
this will probably be my last Mock Draft!
That 5th rd. pick HAS to be a QB!! Just has to!! lol ;) and the 7th ... a LB!! .. other than that, I'm in!

FRO

Legend
I know you were joking, but I wouldn't hate an all line draft. It's been the most neglected unit on the team.

ausmurp

Starter
No team in the superbowl era has nor ever will draft all OL lol. We have other issues on offense aside from OL that also must be addressed. I really wouldn't be surprised if the rams take a WR at #10. Esp after every first rd rookie WR taken last yr out performed every WR on our team. Shows you that is still one of the weakest positions on the team.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No team in the superbowl era has nor ever will draft all OL lol. We have other issues on offense aside from OL that also must be addressed. I really wouldn't be surprised if the rams take a WR at #10. Esp after every first rd rookie WR taken last yr out performed every WR on our team. Shows you that is still one of the weakest positions on the team.
Not sure we can pin that purely on our WR's. I'm not saying our WR's are all pro bowl caliber, but they did not have it easy last year.

I think we have a decent group of pass catchers in Britt (if re-signed), Quick, Cook, Bailey, Austin...and occasionally Givens & Kendricks. It all comes down to the offensive coordinator and having good QB play.

If you skim over our positional groups, it would be suicide to pick a WR at #10 when we have so many needs elsewhere.

We have an OL that is littered with broken bodies or average/below average performers. We need AT LEAST two new starters. This will be the position of focus all off-season. Wonder If Mr Incognito is looking for work ;)

WestCoastRam

Legend
I wouldn't be shocked to see us walk away with two OL picks in the 1st two days. That being said, that's probably with a trade down in the 1st. At 10 I could see us going OL or WR. The depth is there at OL to get a starter in the 3rd. Maybe even the 4th (that's another story without that pick right now).

wrstdude

Rookie
Not sure on the players and maybe throw a C in there for good measure, but in a word, "yes."

ausmurp

Starter
Not sure we can pin that purely on our WR's. I'm not saying our WR's are all pro bowl caliber, but they did not have it easy last year.

I think we have a decent group of pass catchers in Britt (if re-signed), Quick, Cook, Bailey, Austin...and occasionally Givens & Kendricks. It all comes down to the offensive coordinator and having good QB play.

If you skim over our positional groups, it would be suicide to pick a WR at #10 when we have so many needs elsewhere.

We have an OL that is littered with broken bodies or average/below average performers. We need AT LEAST two new starters. This will be the position of focus all off-season. Wonder If Mr Incognito is looking for work ;)

McCown played terrible - every bit as bad as our qbs. Cam played terrible. Both of those teams OL was just as bad. Our WR are one of the weakest positions on the team that's all I'm saying.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Our WR are one of the weakest positions on the team that's all I'm saying.

If so Snead should have been fired at the conclusion of the 2014 season.

When your team picks with the first selection on day two in the second round for a WR in 2012 draft Bryan Quick still under contract.
When your team use a 4th rd pick in 2012 draft WR Chris Givens who is still under contract.
When your team uses a first & a second rd picks to select one WR Tavon Austin who is still under contract.
When your team uses a third rd pick to select WR Stedman Bailey who is still under contract.
So Snead has used 1 first, 2 seconds, 1 third & 1 forth round selection in the last three drafts and WR is one of the weakest units on this team?

So we have 4 young WR's to play 2 starting post's...how many OG's do we have for 2 posts?...One. How many ORT's do we have on this team now? Zero. Looks to me that OG position looks much more weaker and the ORT post looks much more weaker too. Do I need to bring up the QB position?? How many free safeties do we have under contract ? Can you name me one reserve OSLB'er under contract?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we could get any 2 or 3 of those guys it would amazing

ausmurp

Starter
If so Snead should have been fired at the conclusion of the 2014 season.

When your team picks with the first selection on day two in the second round for a WR in 2012 draft Bryan Quick still under contract.
When your team use a 4th rd pick in 2012 draft WR Chris Givens who is still under contract.
When your team uses a first & a second rd picks to select one WR Tavon Austin who is still under contract.
When your team uses a third rd pick to select WR Stedman Bailey who is still under contract.
So Snead has used 1 first, 2 seconds, 1 third & 1 forth round selection in the last three drafts and WR is one of the weakest units on this team?

So we have 4 young WR's to play 2 starting post's...how many OG's do we have for 2 posts?...One. How many ORT's do we have on this team now? Zero. Looks to me that OG position looks much more weaker and the ORT post looks much more weaker too. Do I need to bring up the QB position?? How many free safeties do we have under contract ? Can you name me one reserve OSLB'er under contract?

Again, I only said the obvious, that WR is still one of the weakest positions on the team. Stats don't lie there guys...

QB, OG, and FS are right up there with WR in that regard. At pick #10 though, any smart GM would take WR over OG or FS if there are players at these positions rated even on the draft board. And its like one of the 3 WRs fall to us...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Again, I only said the obvious, that WR is still one of the weakest positions on the team. Stats don't lie there guys...

QB, OG, and FS are right up there with WR in that regard. At pick #10 though, any smart GM would take WR over OG or FS if there are players at these positions rated even on the draft board. And its like one of the 3 WRs fall to us...

I just do not see it your way ausmurp. Rams drafted two WR's in round 2 & 4 in 2012 and we still loose, Rams used a top 10 receiver in 2013 draft along with the UFA most dynamic deep threat pass catching TE and we still loose, we add a #1 draft pick WR Britt in 2014 & we still loose. Now we want to use our 2015 top 10 draft pick on another WR? Hopefully by now someone would get a clue here on where the problem is......

I would not advocate the use of a #10 selection on just a OG. I sure would bang the big bass drum for (a) OT who can swing both way left or right [2 posts] to plug our current vacancy or (b) a ORT who can also play both OG posts left or right [3 posts] who would be on the field each & every offensive down to plug our current vacancy ....over another receiver who would be fighting with (Cook, Quick, Austin, Bailey & Britt) for a couple of balls thrown his way on a hand full of plays in a game with a team that can not protect whomever is trying to have enough time to complete a few passes.

Rams could have the best talents in the NFL @ WR's like Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald & Odell Beckham & still be unable to get the ball into their hands due to a lack of pass protection! Thus wasting the Rams teams capital invested in them.