Pace Murphy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Chances of Making Final Roster: 1/10
The Rams currently have six players who have the ability to play the tackle spot. For Murphy to land on the final roster, he will have to make a serious impact and be a player who’s tough to forget about. With the video clip above as an example, Murphy may need to start by being more aggressive. http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/11/making-the-cut-offensive-tackle-pace-murphy/

This was from RamsWire on USA today back in July.

I'd never heard of him, obviously pretty impressive making it as an UDFA from such a small unknown school.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
probably gets cut later on. Only played 10 snaps combined against the Vikings and Broncos. Rams could be looking for veteran tackle help especially after seeing the versatile Garrett Reynolds go down.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Chances of Making Final Roster: 1/10
The Rams currently have six players who have the ability to play the tackle spot. For Murphy to land on the final roster, he will have to make a serious impact and be a player who’s tough to forget about. With the video clip above as an example, Murphy may need to start by being more aggressive. http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/11/making-the-cut-offensive-tackle-pace-murphy/

This was from RamsWire on USA today back in July.

I'd never heard of him, obviously pretty impressive making it as an UDFA from such a small unknown school.

Maybe he made the roster because Williams is hurt.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
probably gets cut later on. Only played 10 snaps combined against the Vikings and Broncos. Rams could be looking for veteran tackle help especially after seeing the versatile Garrett Reynolds go down.

Tackles
Sam Young, Dolphins -- He's bounced around with a few teams, but he's more than capable of being a backup. He isn't starter material, but there is some value in a veteran who has playing experience.

Michael Ola, Lions -- He started seven games for the Lions last year, and appeared to be a candidate to be their top reserve. But he suffered a leg injury and hasn't played in a few weeks. In a league where backup tackles aren't very good, he should get a look.

[www.cbssports.com]

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now in fairness I like the kid, he played well when called upon although against the 3rd team also I concur with @Elmgrovegnome that although Darrell Williams had a horrendous game against the Broncos, he played much better against the Vikings and most likely makes the squad if not for injury.

A couple of moves I believe the Rams are making down the road, I believe they will bring back the following players: Christian Bryant, they go with 7 WR's early because of a couple of injuries, IMO, once Spruce is fine, Bryant will be added to the roster and give them 4 safeties.

Hakeem Ayers I believe will be brought back for less money, did that with Dunbar and maybe Cam Thomas as well, but you truly never know.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You guys know I have some thoughts here on this subject....

Pace Murphy played a lot in the first two games when Darrell Williams was used sparingly
then they reversed the two in the final two games. When Pace was in he played well & without mistakes that could not be said of Darrell. Darrell's last pre season game was not as bad as his third but just putting in a few good blocks in the last game would make Darrell look better. His 4th pre season game was NOT a good one IMO.

Pace Murphy has not had a bad game or even a mediocre game in pre season Darrell would get both those awards. We had heard reports in TC that Darrell looked rusty & seemed to have regressed. Appears those short reports were correct

I feel strongly that the Rams will not add another veteran OT as long as Rodger Saffold is healthy. Rams have on their active roster 3 OT's who played OLT....Robinson, Saffold & Murphy in pre season. Very small mention here on OLG David Arkin started his senor season in college @ OLT. Arkin is a jackknife of a OL'er he can play all five OL posts in an emergency. I would consider him our 10th OL'er at the moment. At ORT Boudreau has played Havenstein, Donnal & Saffold this pre season. This could also be an element of the OT discussion where they may bring ORT Garrett Reynolds back from the IR early if they can.

Once Havenstein gets back in full operation & proves he has moved past the injury then Arkin is sure to be released & DB or an interior run stopper added to this roster way before considering another OT. Arkin took the injured Reynolds roster spot. I not sure what happened to Darrell Williams & if he did have an injury of some kind it was the perfect time to shelve him & give Boudreau time to see if he can refurbish him. After all Boudreau has not had the opportunity to practice his hobby lately.....Bou refurbishes broke down OL'ers & Darrell Williams fits that description, Pace Murphy is a sound rookie find.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You guys know I have some thoughts here on this subject....

Pace Murphy played a lot in the first two games when Darrell Williams was used sparingly
then they reversed the two in the final two games. When Pace was in he played well & without mistakes that could not be said of Darrell. Darrell's last pre season game was not as bad as his third but just putting in a few good blocks in the last game would make Darrell look better. His 4th pre season game was NOT a good one IMO.

Pace Murphy has not had a bad game or even a mediocre game in pre season Darrell would get both those awards. We had heard reports in TC that Darrell looked rusty & seemed to have regressed. Appears those short reports were correct

I feel strongly that the Rams will not add another veteran OT as long as Rodger Saffold is healthy. Rams have on their active roster 3 OT's who played OLT....Robinson, Saffold & Murphy in pre season. Very small mention here on OLG David Arkin started his senor season in college @ OLT. Arkin is a jackknife of a OL'er he can play all five OL posts in an emergency. I would consider him our 10th OL'er at the moment. At ORT Boudreau has played Havenstein, Donnal & Saffold this pre season. This could also be an element of the OT discussion where they may bring ORT Garrett Reynolds back from the IR early if they can.

Once Havenstein gets back in full operation & proves he has moved past the injury then Arkin is sure to be released & DB or an interior run stopper added to this roster way before considering another OT. Arkin took the injured Reynolds roster spot. I not sure what happened to Darrell Williams & if he did have an injury of some kind it was the perfect time to shelve him & give Boudreau time to see if he can refurbish him. After all Boudreau has not had the opportunity to practice his hobby lately.....Bou refurbishes broke down OL'ers & Darrell Williams fits that description, Pace Murphy is a sound rookie find.

I am guessing that Williams injury could have affected his play.