P. Manning may be done for the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SOURCE: Peyton Manning to have season ending neck surgery
By Zach Wilt, on September 5th, 2011
<a class="postlink" href="http://baltimoresportsreport.com/source-peyton-manning-to-have-season-ending-neck-surgery-18768.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://baltimoresportsreport.com/source ... 18768.html</a>

Sources say that Colts quarterback Peyton Manning is out for the duration of the 2011 season after he will likely require his second neck surgery in under a year.

As of this hour, the major sports media have not confirmed this report and Peyton’s father Archie declined to comment when asked about the story.

Both @incarceratedbob on twitter and John Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 in Indianapolis are reporting that Manning will have another neck surgery, which would mean he will be out of the season. Obviously this news has major fantasy football implications and greatly hurts the Colts chances this season.

Manning was removed from the Colts physically unable to perform list on August 29, but his progress was slower than expected. The Colts signed veteran QB Kerry Collins out of retirement as Manning’s backup. He will likely start for the Colts this season.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I thought this report was completely false? Didnt Manning just have a setback on his rehab? Not really following this story. All I know is hes gonna miss the opener.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
I thought this report was completely false? Didnt Manning just have a setback on his rehab? Not really following this story. All I know is hes gonna miss the opener.
If his rehab doesn't progress, and he has to have a 2nd procedure, then yeah - he could conceivably miss the season.

Anonymous

If true there's going to be Vegas bookies jumping out of windows.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's done. He had it.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
StlouisramsX said:
JdashSTL said:
If his rehab doesn't progress, and he has to have a 2nd procedure, then yeah - he could conceivably miss the season.

Wow. I bet they will definitely draft a QB early next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
StlouisramsX said:
JdashSTL said:

If he misses the season, they may draft one #1 overall. Luck anyone?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
StlouisramsX said:
JdashSTL said:
StlouisramsX said:
JdashSTL said:

Haha. Then what do they do with Manning? Would they do what NE does and trade him? I know theres something to be said for players staying with one team their whole career but its still a business and they may want to think about getting pieces in return that would help them. Can you imagine Manning starting the season and has one bad game and you have the fanbase calling for Luck to play. They are calling him the best QB prospect since Manning lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
StlouisramsX said:
JdashSTL said:
StlouisramsX said:
JdashSTL said:

Haha. Then what do they do with Manning? Would they do what NE does and trade him? I know theres something to be said for players staying with one team their whole career but its still a business and they may want to think about getting pieces in return that would help them. Can you imagine Manning starting the season and has one bad game and you have the fanbase calling for Luck to play. They are calling him the best QB prospect since Manning lol.
Well think about it. It's not inconceivable. #1 overalls don't get stupid money anymore, and they could sit him behind Manning (the ULTIMATE learning experience) while Manning finishes out his career. Which, if he has a third neck procedure, or even ONE neck injury, wouldn't be very long.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
JdashSTL said:
StlouisramsX said:
JdashSTL said:
StlouisramsX said:
JdashSTL said:

Well think about it. It's not inconceivable. #1 overalls don't get stupid money anymore, and they could sit him behind Manning (the ULTIMATE learning experience) while Manning finishes out his career. Which, if he has a third neck procedure, or even ONE neck injury, wouldn't be very long.

It also opens up the possibilty of more trading picks in the top ten. Whoever has the no. 1 overall pick should get some pretty nice trade offers. Who would have ever thought the Colts might enter the Suck For Luck campaign? Its a definite possibility. They have some good players but after that its...meh. Manning makes everyone look good on the offense and were gonna find out just how valuable he is to them this year.