Overtime Podcast episode 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
https://www.spreaker.com/episode/12725311
We got a little history lesson for everyone today. Also, after @-X- mentioned my partner sounding like he's talking from a coffee can, I can't stop thinking about it lol luckily he's home for a few weeks at the end of the month so the show will momentarily be better haha

It would help us out a lot if you guys would like us on Facebook and follow on twitter. Even if you hate our voices :D

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good job, fellas. What's your twitter handle?

Yes, Stafford is worth the coin. As you guys said, it's the going rate now. Also, if they lose him, their production falls off a cliff. So basically they have to pay him out of necessity too. There's nobody hanging around on that team who can produce like he can, and it wouldn't make sense to let him get away and sign some other highly coveted free agent for basically the same money and have no certainty about how he'll do.

It's Fitzgerald's last year. I can't see him playing again after this, but you never know.

Martellus should benefit greatly from being with Aaron Rodgers. He had a career high catch % with Brady, so there's no reason to think that he'll benefit less from Aaron. HUGE upgrade over Jared Cook, obviously. They should get close to Richard Rodgers production from him this year.

Payton has been trying to get the best RBs on his team in the 1a 1b mold forever. It's how he likes to do things. Ivory/Thomas/Bush, Ingram/Thomas/Sproles, Thomas/Ingram, Ingram/Hightower, etc. Now they'll have Ingram/Peterson, and it's all designed (IMO) to keep pressure off of Brees so he can throw for a million.5 yards and score tons of points. I don't know about their receivers/TEs (kinda shaky), but never underestimate Brees.

No, Bradford can't take the Vikings very far unless he suddenly develops an aggressive nature or Pat Shurmur forces him to become that way. He's the one that turned him into the dinkmaster initially, so maybe he'll be able to turn him into the polar opposite now. I know I'd sure like to see that.

Nice history lesson. I'll admit I didn't know that.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good job, fellas. What's your twitter handle?

Yes, Stafford is worth the coin. As you guys said, it's the going rate now. Also, if they lose him, their production falls off a cliff. So basically they have to pay him out of necessity too. There's nobody hanging around on that team who can produce like he can, and it wouldn't make sense to let him get away and sign some other highly coveted free agent for basically the same money and have no certainty about how he'll do.

It's Fitzgerald's last year. I can't see him playing again after this, but you never know.

Martellus should benefit greatly from being with Aaron Rodgers. He had a career high catch % with Brady, so there's no reason to think that he'll benefit less from Aaron. HUGE upgrade over Jared Cook, obviously. They should get close to Richard Rodgers production from him this year.

Payton has been trying to get the best RBs on his team in the 1a 1b mold forever. It's how he likes to do things. Ivory/Thomas/Bush, Ingram/Thomas/Sproles, Thomas/Ingram, Ingram/Hightower, etc. Now they'll have Ingram/Peterson, and it's all designed (IMO) to keep pressure off of Brees so he can throw for a million.5 yards and score tons of points. I don't know about their receivers/TEs (kinda shaky), but never underestimate Brees.

No, Bradford can't take the Vikings very far unless he suddenly develops an aggressive nature or Pat Shurmur forces him to become that way. He's the one that turned him into the dinkmaster initially, so maybe he'll be able to turn him into the polar opposite now. I know I'd sure like to see that.

Nice history lesson. I'll admit I didn't know that.
Thank you sir. Appreciate the insight. Our Twitter is @Overtime1158.

You need to do a Rams podcast soon.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I just don't see Eddie Lacy being productive at Seattle. For one, Seattle's O-line isn't as good as Green Bay's. Lacy has never rushed for more than 1,200 yards and his production has gone down every season so far. If the Seahawks think he's going to be the next Lynch, I don't see it.

Bradford is talented, but he works the best out of the spread (like at Oklahoma) not a pro-style offense. I still feel like Bradford could make something out of his career, but without weapons he probably won't get better than he was last season. I agree with you guys.

I like all of your predictions (especially the Rams one), except now Brissett is the starter. Has your prediction changed at all?

Nice history lesson too. I had know idea that the NFL did that to boost the economy. Great stuff!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
https://www.spreaker.com/episode/12725311
We got a little history lesson for everyone today. Also, after @-X- mentioned my partner sounding like he's talking from a coffee can, I can't stop thinking about it lol luckily he's home for a few weeks at the end of the month so the show will momentarily be better haha

It would help us out a lot if you guys would like us on Facebook and follow on twitter. Even if you hate our voices :D
TALKING FROM A COFFEE CAN?!? If I was drinking coffee I would have spit it out that is actually hilarious. I used to sound like that until I upgraded mics for our podcast.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I just don't see Eddie Lacy being productive at Seattle. For one, Seattle's O-line isn't as good as Green Bay's. Lacy has never rushed for more than 1,200 yards and his production has gone down every season so far. If the Seahawks think he's going to be the next Lynch, I don't see it.

Bradford is talented, but he works the best out of the spread (like at Oklahoma) not a pro-style offense. I still feel like Bradford could make something out of his career, but without weapons he probably won't get better than he was last season. I agree with you guys.

I like all of your predictions (especially the Rams one), except now Brissett is the starter. Has your prediction changed at all?

Nice history lesson too. I had know idea that the NFL did that to boost the economy. Great stuff!
Thanks man. As far as I know, Tolzien is still starting. But if they were to throw Brissett in there, it wouldn't change much. Maybe if he was there for a month. One week isn't enough time to get acclimated with the playbook.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
TALKING FROM A COFFEE CAN?!? If I was drinking coffee I would have spit it out that is actually hilarious. I used to sound like that until I upgraded mics for our podcast.
Haha yeah that's what it sounds like. And it's tough for us being in seperate states. Any advice on how to make it easier?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Haha yeah that's what it sounds like. And it's tough for us being in seperate states. Any advice on how to make it easier?
Both of you record the same podcast on your end and then use an audio editor to put it together.
Then it'll sound like you're both in the same room.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Both of you record the same podcast on your end and then use an audio editor to put it together.
Then it'll sound like you're both in the same room.
But would we still be able to use Spreaker? I don't know of many studio type of apps that let you record and share in a simple way.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But would we still be able to use Spreaker? I don't know of many studio type of apps that let you record and share in a simple way.
If it's just a matter of uploading a file to Spreaker, then yeah.
If you're recording directly to it, then no.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Use Skype or Google Hangouts. Crazy, but it works. Then record both with spreaker studio