Overall impressions of day one

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Still sorting out my thoughts on Brockers but to associate him with Kennedy and Lewis is folly. The only link would be if the same people were doing the drafting and evaluation.

My initial thoughts were anybody but him and they got outmanuevered. I read the Silver article and every bit I could find on Brockers. There is some tape on YouTube on him but obviously put together with his best in mind.

At the start of Fisher's era I had a mental checklist of two Dtackles and two OLBs as priorities.

Brockers needs more development than I would have liked in the first round. After the trade down I thought they had a great shot at Cox until the Eagles moved up and then I sagged.

Late after I left the party someone pointed out to me that Brockers' has a build remarkably like that of Fisher's old friend Haynesworth.

One of the things I took from Snead and Fisher's comments is that the pick is an attempt to gain at least one squad of dominance. That is they already had three parts to a really good starting front four. Conventional wisdom in the cap era is that if you have ample funds invested into one squad you try to spread it out and even out the allocation. In other words if you go by conventional slotting, and cap spending you would never take a DT first because so much of your money is already tied up in the Dline.

I have never thought that wise or a good use of money and actually pretty foolish. So I hope this is a new take on the cap.

Day two-Cordy Glenn, Randle or Jeffery and best OLB available.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Going all the way back to the Dallas "doomsday" D I have had the "elite unit " phylosophy ,IOW those d-lines made the Dallas secondary look far better than they were,especially their corners.

If you have an elite secondary it will make your d-line look better.

SO I agree we needed to finish the d-line build with a DT and seeing Brockers in a sleeveless shirt at 322 he looks like a DE so he could get to 340 over the next few years and not lose any mobility.

I too wanted Cox, but this is fine, Brockers will be better against the run and JEEZ his length ,he'll look like a Sequoia in the QB's face.
I posted elsewhere Robert Quinn should be smiling thinking of how HIS sack total and contract incentives "should" blossom.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I was figuring Cox the whole time too, and I didn't even consider Brockers (forgot all about him temporarily) until Philadelphia did their thing. Bunch of us in the chat room considered DeCastro there, but it just goes to show ya. We don't have a CLUE what this front office is thinking. Part of me is glad they didn't panic and reverse their fortunes by trading up for Richardson or Blackmon. Even though they would have happily taken either if they fell, it's good to know they didn't panic the *wrong way*. Even happier they didn't have to stand pat and take Brockers at 6. It was a calculated gamble that paid off, and strangely enough to me, it's good to know they were sweating it after their trade to Dallas. I don't want them to be so cocky that they think they know EVERYTHING about what other teams are going to do in the draft. Hopefully that was humbling, and they take every guy they have at the top of their boards now, in the second round.

Don't trade anymore, because I don't need the stress. Just kill it now tonight.