Over/under: 110 yards for Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I'm talking just rushing yards here, do y'all think he goes over or under? I'm thinking over because he's fresh and will probably bust a long run. They are definitely going to be focused on him though.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Over. SF has a young front 7 besides Bowman. I can see a lot of zone counters and wham blocking. I also think the Rams will look to exploit the weak OLBs. Kendricks and Higbee could have monster games. C'mon Groh this is your specialty. Work with Boras.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Breh. The over/under should be at 250+ yards. Because that's what he's gunna do lol

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I will go under.

on the plus side:
* new OC for Rams so figure teams will not have a book on Rams gameplan (not counting brief time he took over last year, can't change much at that point)
* Gurley as healthy and fresh as he can be
* Rams likely to focus on getting him going

negative side:
* with no real book on OC the default will be to focus Gurley
* except for Austin (who half his stuff is runs also) nothing to distract SF D from run game (may be a good chance for a WR to step up)
* OL changes mean they may not be gelled yet (due to preseason injuries)
* did Gurley get enough work in preseason to get up to speed, by the same token with them being so Vanilla will the young team be ready for the new stuff we haven't likely seen from the offensive playbook

All that said I think the first negative is why under 110...I would assume SF will have one focus on D - Gurley.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think the strength of this Frisco team is the run d....I'd try to loosen them up with passes...then hit them with Gurley in the 2nd half...

I hope he can bust a few....I see 150+ if we use him as a decoy early...get Case's confidence up...then while they're beaten down, run Gurley in the 4th quarter...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our Oline has been extremely solid this preseason, and I consider it a strength for the first time since the GSOT years (and maybe better than that)....So what if they know Gurley is going to run, they won't be able to stop it. Austin and Gurley will do their misdirection thing, and Case will hit TE's at critical times...It will be a "welcome to the NFC West, moment for Chip Kelly. Eff the sorry @ssed niners..Of course, Gurley is +125 yards

TexasRam

Legend
Niners are obviously loading the box until Keenum can beat them.

Then they will load the box again until he can beat them again.

They know Fisher is scared of throwing the football. As does the rest of the league.

So how does Gurley have a big game? A few big runs. Because it's hard to catch Gurley in the open field.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The 9ers will key Gurley for all 4 quarters until the passing game makes them do different. I think his low mark would be about 90 yards rushing. If he breaks off one of his usual 40 plus yard gallops, then I imagine him getting approx 130 total rushing yards.

todd-gurley-run-against-cardinals.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 9ers will key Gurley for all 4 quarters until the passing game makes them do different. I think his low mark would be about 90 yards rushing. If he breaks off one of his usual 40 plus yard gallops, then I imagine him getting approx 130 total rushing yards.

todd-gurley-run-against-cardinals.gif
Gurley should be better than he was in this featured run, because year two after ACL is going to be better....Now? He outruns the honey badger...He will beast this year.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This is true Loyal and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he has a huge game by the time it ends. I'm realistic though and expect the 9ers to contain him at all costs and this is why I expect him to have between a low of 90 and a high of 130 yards.

Week 1 and vs a division foe on the road has my expectations in check. I think this is going to be a 23-20 type of game and I'm not expecting many big plays overall. I hope I'm wrong but it is week 1 and too many unknown factors along with being a division road game.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gurley should be better than he was in this featured run, because year two after ACL is going to be better....Now? He outruns the honey badger...He will beast this year.

After that game against the Cardinals Gurley actually said that run would've been a touchdown if he hadn't been wearing the knee brace. I can't wait to see him get into the open field again.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'll bet the over, ... although should the Rams be unsuccessful passing the ball early or have more drops, this will be all on Gurley. Our OL is healthy and should provide Gurley with some nice blocking, but if the box gets stacked early and we can't take advantage, reaching those numbers may not be as easy as we'd like to believe. jmo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well the last time they played, the Rams ran for over 130 yards without him and lost. So I'm thinking he'll need to go for 160+!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Our Oline has been extremely solid this preseason, and I consider it a strength for the first time since the GSOT years (and maybe better than that)....So what if they know Gurley is going to run, they won't be able to stop it. Austin and Gurley will do their misdirection thing, and Case will hit TE's at critical times...It will be a "welcome to the NFC West, moment for Chip Kelly. Eff the sorry @ssed niners..Of course, Gurley is +125 yards

Certainly hope so, Fisher invested last year's draft capital on the O-line. Seen flashes of greatness from Havenstein along with solid performances from Brown and Wichmann.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well the last time they played, the Rams ran for over 130 yards without him and lost. So I'm thinking he'll need to go for 160+!
Well Benny has to get his 100+ yards too...

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Niners are obviously loading the box until Keenum can beat them.

Then they will load the box again until he can beat them again.

They know Fisher is scared of throwing the football. As does the rest of the league.

So how does Gurley have a big game? A few big runs. Because it's hard to catch Gurley in the open field.

This is no different than last year. Teams loaded the box with 8-9 quite a bit. This year hopefully we'll have a better passing attack, but if not, I still see him gashing teams.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is no different than last year. Teams loaded the box with 8-9 quite a bit. This year hopefully we'll have a better passing attack, but if not, I still see him gashing teams.

All he needs is a little crease and he's gone. As long as the line cam give him enough of those creases a game he should be ok. I hope Britt can take the top off a few teams should they stack 9 in the box.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'll take the over.

On a side note - I won titles in each of my two fantasy leagues behind him last year.

He is my keeper for $28 in auction and I got him with the 5th overall pick in my standard draft league - so I'll be rolling with him again for repeats in both leagues. Plus I got Tavon on the cheap in both leagues again this year. Hoping the dynamic duo does it again for me.