over 43 million

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's what the cap hit is on Long , Cook , JL , Saffold , and Foles for next year . C'mon man. And we wonder why this team can't compete .

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So in reality those guys are going nowhere

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Foles' money is the biggest waste followed by Saffold then Cook, Long and JL have earned their contracts and have been good Rams.

Clearly changes need to come

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
chris long counts for $14,250,000 of the 43mil.
love Long but he is not worth that kind of money anymore.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I hate to agree with you ... but I do. My concern is that he has missed significant time with injuries the last two years, and he's getting to an age where the wear and tear on the body could result in more injuries going forward. I'd be willing to keep him at a reduced price tag, but you wonder if he'd be willing to stay under those circumstances. And if he wants to go to a team that has a chance to contend, I wouldn't blame him a bit.

fearsomefour

Legend
Britt, Cook and Saffold would be on the top of my to go list.
That would free up about $13M under the cap.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He does have 5 tackles and 2 sacks .

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Britt, Cook and Saffold would be on the top of my to go list.
That would free up about $13M under the cap.

Saffold and Cook for sure. I'm not a big fan of Britt, but I'd wait to see what we have for next year before I cut him loose. I don't think his contract is that large and he is at least servicable. He might even be above average if we get an actual NFL QB to throw the ball.

fearsomefour

Legend
Saffold and Cook for sure. I'm not a big fan of Britt, but I'd wait to see what we have for next year before I cut him loose. I don't think his contract is that large and he is at least servicable. He might even be above average if we get an actual NFL QB to throw the ball.
I don't care for him.
Too many drops, doesn't do much except run go routes and is always getting nicked up.
Cutting him saves over $4M under the cap.
Easy choice to me.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Cook is the one on that list who is gone for sure. I think that if Long doesn't restructure then he will be cut. I honestly wouldn't mind if all of them were gone. They're making too much money for their performance level at this point.

FRO

Legend
Cook is the one on that list who is gone for sure. I think that if Long doesn't restructure then he will be cut. I honestly wouldn't mind if all of them were gone. They're making too much money for their performance level at this point.
Long probably wants to go to a winner.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Love Long, but that's just too much.
Foles is a tough one. Is it the offense? Does he get it? It he just that bad?

Cook, Saffold go.

Britt? Doesn't matter to me. He can still be used for depth if affordable.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

Cook, Saffold go.

Foles is not a tough one. Cmon.

Saffold can come back for a different price.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Cook, Saffold go.

Cutting Foles won't save us much cap money next year, if any. That being said, I bring in at least one new QB to the roster, and if Foles looks anywhere near as bad in training camp has he's looked on the field this year, I cut him. And if they don't wait that long and cut him before training camp, I won't be upset. Nothing personal, but when a guy makes you pine for the glory days of Keith Null and AJ Feely, you know he's bad.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Foles is not a tough one. Cmon.

Saffold can come back for a different price.
Depends on his Cap hit.
I'd be fine if he never played another game with us. Some qbs just don't fit certain offenses though. Maybe he'd be better with another oc.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
If I'm making decisions at Rams Park I cut Foles, Cook and Saffold. That's enough cap space to bring in some guys. Yes long and laurinaitis appear to be overpaid but they've got veteran savvy, experience and leadership. I wouldn't rip the heart out of this defense as its the only thing worth a damn (along with Hekker).

fearsomefour

Legend
Depends on his Cap hit.
I'd be fine if he never played another game with us. Some qbs just don't fit certain offenses though. Maybe he'd be better with another oc.
I think he saves about $1.75 M under the cap, but, I think he is due $6 M or something by March....not sure, going off of memory.