Outside Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Trey Burton is a guy I’ve had my eye on for a couple of years. I think he could flourish as a starter. I think you make a valid point, but Graham’s potential price tag scares me a little bit.

He (Burton) almost made my list, but I want to see what Hemmingway can do when he returns next season from IR. I'll definitely be looking into free agency here in 2019 if the kids don't make an impact next year. jmo.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He (Burton) almost made my list, but I want to see what Hemmingway can do when he returns next season from IR. I'll definitely be looking into free agency here in 2019 if the kids don't make an impact next year. jmo.
I do think that’s a good idea to give them another year. I just really like Burton and would love to give him the opportunity he needs. Plus, the Rams could keep Everett and Hemmingway as well. I don’t mind Higbee, but in McVay’s system I think they need more than what he provides.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Y'all don't want Malcolm Butler for the amount of $$ he's going to demand. There's a reason Stephon Gilmore is on the Patriots long-term and Butler is playing out his rookie contract and leaving.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Norwell is a really good suggestion, and I doubt the Panthers can afford to keep him.

I prefer Jamon Brown as a back-up anyway, unless we can trade him as he's likely to bolt as a free agent prior to the 2019 season if he's not paid big. Norwell at RG is very appealing, but also, undoubtedly, with a high price tag.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Y'all don't want Malcolm Butler for the amount of $$ he's going to demand. There's a reason Stephon Gilmore is on the Patriots long-term and Butler is playing out his rookie contract and leaving.

I'd rather pay Butler than TruJo 'all things being equal'. jmo.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'd rather pay Butler than TruJo 'all things being equal'. jmo.
I don't think either is your answer. IMO you'd be better off paying EJ Gaines less money than either of them will make to come back to the Rams.

Butler is fine as long as you have a safety of Devin McCourty's caliber on his side of the field protecting the deep ball. But if you're signing him to be your top CB and to be manned up against your opponent's best WR every week, you're gonna have a bad time.

I like TruJo better than Butler from a skill perspective. Johnson worries me on health, and Butler has been quite healthy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't think either is your answer. IMO you'd be better off paying EJ Gaines less money than either of them will make to come back to the Rams.

Butler is fine as long as you have a safety of Devin McCourty's caliber on his side of the field protecting the deep ball. But if you're signing him to be your top CB and to be manned up against your opponent's best WR every week, you're gonna have a bad time.

I like TruJo better than Butler from a skill perspective. Johnson worries me on health, and Butler has been quite healthy.

I had EJ on my mock, but too many complaints about his not being a "Phillips" fit and I surrendered. I still like him as #2 competition with Webster as I believe him to be the superior player. Doubt either Johnson or Butler will be with the Rams in 2018 due to cost, thinking this is where our first draft pick is chosen. jmo.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I had EJ on my mock, but too many complaints about his not being a "Phillips" fit and I surrendered. I still like him as #2 competition with Webster as I believe him to be the superior player. Doubt either Johnson or Butler will be with the Rams in 2018 due to cost, thinking this is where our first draft pick is chosen. jmo.
I think your first draft pick should be a true 3-4 OLB pass-rusher. Someone to replace Barwin. You'll still need someone to take up Quinn's mantle if you're moving on from him...

But a CB should be priority #2, to be sure. I might recommend a pairing of Gaines and Amukamara - neither will break the bank, Gaines is your steady #2 you can feel comfortable letting handle a guy like Mohammed Sanu mostly on his own, and Amukamara has the raw skillset to be able to be part of a bracket on Julio (just using the Falcons for the sake of an example since they have such a clear-cut #1 and talented #2).

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think your first draft pick should be a true 3-4 OLB pass-rusher. Someone to replace Barwin. You'll still need someone to take up Quinn's mantle if you're moving on from him...

But a CB should be priority #2, to be sure. I might recommend a pairing of Gaines and Amukamara - neither will break the bank, Gaines is your steady #2 you can feel comfortable letting handle a guy like Mohammed Sanu mostly on his own, and Amukamara has the raw skillset to be able to be part of a bracket on Julio (just using the Falcons for the sake of an example since they have such a clear-cut #1 and talented #2).

A scenario such as that is a big possibility if the 3 best CB's are off the board when we pick, and guys like Hubbard or Armstrong are sitting there at 23. It's going to be quite interesting to see how free agency sets up the draft.

Name
Seth Griffith
Dontarie Poe (him, Brokers and Donald would be #wow)

Malcolm Butler (if the price is right)

Rex Burkhead (unless we draft someone similar)

Andrew Norwell (young and versatile)

We can armchair QB this FA to death. Who do we resign/restructure/cut to begin with? Who gets released prior to FA? What surprise cuts happen on other teams? A lot to think about.

I'm ready to start mock drafting! If we continue to draft the way we did last year, I think the sky is the limit for our Rams!