Outside Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
So there has been a good amount of discussion about which of the Rams free agents we would like to see resigned by the team. How about external free agents? Is there anyone that you guys would love for the Rams to sign? I know some have mentioned Todd Davis, which for the right money, I think would make a fine addition to this team. So who do you guys have in mind?

Todd59

Rookie
I'd really like to see them find a run-stuffing inside linebacker, while Ogletree takes over the role that Barron played this past year. Mason Foster from Washington or Avery Williamson from Tennessee perhaps, but Todd Davis would be a good fit too.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
NT) Justin Ellis, Raiders (27)
DE/DT) Sheldon Richardson, Seaquacks (27)

ILB) Todd Davis, Broncos (25)
ILB) Jon Bostic, Colts (26)

CB) Malcolm Butler, Patriots (27)
CB) Prince Amakumura, Bears (28)

SS) Eric Reed, 49'ers (26)
FS) Tre Boston, Chargers (25)

OG) Andrew Norwell, Panthers (26)

Last edited:

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd really like to see them find a run-stuffing inside linebacker, while Ogletree takes over the role that Barron played this past year. Mason Foster from Washington or Avery Williamson from Tennessee perhaps, but Todd Davis would be a good fit too.
I do like Mason Foster. I hope he’s healed nicely from his injuries though. That’s the only thing that would concern me with him.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
DE/DT) Sheldon Richardson, Seaquackes (27)

If Ryan Jensen could be had a reasonable price, I wouldn’t mind the Rams bringing him in for the C position. If not then I’m ok with Sullivan for another year. I know Jensen can play multiple positions too which makes him even more valuable.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love to get Navorro Bowman in Horns. Looks all set to stay in Oakland though

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If Ryan Jensen could be had a reasonable price, I wouldn’t mind the Rams bringing him in for the C position.

Good choice, ... and the right age, although I fear he'll be a few million more $$$ than Sullivan.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Weston Richburg at center.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Good choice, ... and the right age, although I fear he'll be a few million more $$$ than Sullivan.
Agreed. His versatility and age make him a really attractive FA. Like you said, I do think he will come at a high cost.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Richburg scares me some because of his concussion. How many guys lose 12 weeks of playing time from this ?
There’s definitely not many. Concussions can be so tricky. I don’t know if you’re a baseball fan, but Michael Morse of the Giants essentially has to retire because of the concussion he sustained from running into Jeff Samardzija, his own teammate.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don’t get the love for Todd Davis. He’s mediocre at best.

Well, he is a student of Wade Phillips, so there is that possible attraction. Mediocre in coverage, but he'd immediately become our best run defending LB'er, and used in a proper rotation and along with a decent run defending NT, should help seal up the interior. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd love to get Navorro Bowman in Horns. Looks all set to stay in Oakland though

Excellent player, but turning 30 next season and i'm guessing he may be looking for his final big paycheck. jmo.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I don’t get the love for Todd Davis. He’s mediocre at best.
His run defense is why I would like to bring him in to the fold. If there are other options I’m down for those as well. I just imagine with his familiarity with Wade’s defense that he would get the slight edge over some other choices.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
DE/DT) Sheldon Richardson, Seaquacks (27)

Do you know much about Avery Williamson? I know he’s another capable run stuffing LB.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would rather re-sign everyone than add a single free agent.

Having said that, if we did lose Trumaine and found a cheaper CB to replace him, I'd love to make a run at Jimmy Graham.

Even if Everett develops, I want two good pass catchers. Higbee did okay, but would like an upgrade there.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Do you know much about Avery Williamson? I know he’s another capable run stuffing LB.

Top grades as a run defender. Thinking he may be #2 in cost at the position behind Bowman. Could be a great addition if Wade likes him and the money is right.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I would rather re-sign everyone than add a single free agent.

Having said that, if we did lose Trumaine and found a cheaper CB to replace him, I'd love to make a run at Jimmy Graham.

Even if Everett develops, I want two good pass catchers. Higbee did okay, but would like an upgrade there.
Trey Burton is a guy I’ve had my eye on for a couple of years. I think he could flourish as a starter. I think you make a valid point, but Graham’s potential price tag scares me a little bit.