Our young DB's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boat Ram

Recovering Lurker
I know we were playing Cleveland but I thought they looked pretty good. Joyner is a player, love the hard hit behind the line. Who do you guys think gained ground in making the final cut assuming the news is the worst with Trumaine?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I think Reid helped his case. Guy was involved in a lot of plays. I was surprised with Woodard making a few plays as well.

A55VA6

Legend
I think Greg Reid has helped himself.

I've liked what I've seen from him and he's improved each game.

Slappy967

Starter
I thought Greg Reid showed much improvement from the 1st two games and he can contribute on special teams. Keep him alongside Joyner, JJ & Gaines for sure.

Boat Ram

Recovering Lurker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Roberson saved the touchdown on the kickoff return. Reid seems to improve every time he's out there.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think Trumaine was our best DB so my fingers are crossed but we have pretty solid options in EJ Gaines, Greg Reid, and Marcus Roberson, or at least collectively. McGee still isn't NFL ready IMO and he contributes the least.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Roberson made a few plays too, he might make the team now. The guy was a potential 2nd round pick, and we got him as an undrafted.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Reid and Roberson makes the team they both play ST now and Roberson can really cover and he is showing his willingness to tackle which was really the only knock on him

PhxRam

If Reid makes the team I got to give dude major props for not giving up.

Good on him.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
This group will have to grow up in a hurry but if the front seven play like everyone expects them to, I think they will be playing with a lot of confidence and getting better as the season progresses

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Reid and Roberson makes the team they both play ST now and Roberson can really cover and he is showing his willingness to tackle which was really the only knock on him
the kick return where he saved a TD he grabbed the receiver instead of tackling him. doesnt seem to have the desire the rest of the secondary has when it comes to tackling, but yes he did make the play on that return and another one. not sure why he seems to be avoiding physical play.

bcherod

UDFA
Name
bcherod
Reid is a scrappy player. Remember he hasn't played for two years.

I hope he makes it.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
you and I have different definitions of "showing his willingness to tackle". Even on the kickoff return, all he did was slow the guy up long enough for the calvary to show up and get the guy down.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Don't sell Woodard short. He has missed a ton of camp lately, and last night he put a reminder out there as to why they like him. He has better cover skills than Reid, and is not afraid to stick his nose in and tackle, something Roberson still is VERY hesitant to do.

And unless they feel Reid and Roberson can bring more the Special Teams than McGee, they both face a numbers game to make it to the 53.

RamWoodie

Legend
I like Woodard's cover ability...I think he has the inside track between he and Reid.

bcherod

UDFA
Name
bcherod
you and I have different definitions of "showing his willingness to tackle". Even on the kickoff return, all he did was slow the guy up long enough for the calvary to show up and get the guy down.
You don't know Greg Reid.
After reading a lot of Rams message boards, I get it, y'all are partial to Mizzou, and I don't blame you. But, I have to disagree here. Unless G5 has totally changed his personality, he is not afraid to go after anyone, even when totally mismatched. Yes, he whiffed on a big play against Landry Jones when FSU played OU. He was not a match for Landry and jumped at the wrong time. The vast majority of the time, he will go after anyone, and he is a ball hawk.

Reid helped build the team that won the BCS championship game last year, even though he was not on the team.