Our updated draft slots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Round 1 Pick 2
Round 1 Pick 13
Round 2 Pick 12
Round 3 Pick 11
Round 4 Pick 10
Round 5 Pick 13
Round 6 Pick 12
Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP)
Round 7 Pick 11
Round 7 Pick 26
Round 7 Pick 34 (COMP)
Round 7 Pick 35 (COMP)

FRO

Legend
6 picks in the last 2 rounds. With the roster improved we may have a hard time getting all 6 on the roster. May need to package the non-comp picks and move up for better quality.

nighttrain

Legend
6 picks in the last 2 rounds. With the roster improved we may have a hard time getting all 6 on the roster. May need to package the non-comp picks and move up for better quality.
I hope so, noway there is a spot for all of them, we didn't lose that much in off season
train

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That seems to be the logical move but I suspect a handful of teams will be trying to do the same. Of course, there should be a couple of teams that are short on picks and may be willing dance partners. You'd think you could move to the top of the 6th with our 6th and two 7ths.

FRO

Legend
That seems to be the logical move but I suspect a handful of teams will be trying to do the same. Of course, there should be a couple of teams that are short on picks and may be willing dance partners. You'd think you could move to the top of the 6th with our 6th and two 7ths.
What did we give to move up into the 5th and get Stacy? I would love to move up, we have a 6th and two 7ths to maybe move into the fifth round. And if we trade those we will still have a sixth and two sevenths.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What did we give to move up into the 5th and get Stacy? I would love to move up, we have a 6th and two 7ths to maybe move into the fifth round. And if we trade those we will still have a sixth and two sevenths.
I'm pretty sure we gave up two 6ths for Stacy. If we were lucky, we might sneak into the bottom of the 5th this year. All those Comp picks make it a bigger leap of picks.

F. Mulder

Starter
I agree Package 2-3 picks for one player you really want in the mid/later rounds

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
The niners have had a crapload of picks lately, makes you wonder what they did with all the players. Do they just cut a bunch of them and pray they make it to the PS?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It's too bad you can't trade comp picks. Rather use the late 7th rounders to move up. Your only going to find so many diamonds in the rough in round 7.

Alan

Legend
On the other hand, picking players with all those late picks would mean not having to compete for as many UDFAs. This organization has done very well in that area. Lots of different ways to go.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Rams own picks would be trade-able material for Snead still leaving him with a 6th & two 7th's.

Round 5 Pick 13
Round 6 Pick 12
Round 7 Pick 11
Round 7 Pick 26

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
On the other hand, picking players with all those late picks would mean not having to compete for as many UDFAs. This organization has done very well in that area. Lots of different ways to go.
Yeah, that's essentially the only advantage to those last two COMP picks we have this year. They really are 1st choice on UDFA signings. Ones you don't have to get on the phone first to and talk into coming to St. Louis. They are automatically yours. So you have to have your homework done as to which would be the hardest to talk into coming to play for you and draft them instead.

Alan

Legend
They contact the players they like before the draft is over so they probably get a good idea of who might be harder to sign. Every edge you can get is a plus.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
The Rams own picks would be trade-able material for Snead still leaving him with a 6th & two 7th's.

Round 5 Pick 13
Round 6 Pick 12
Round 7 Pick 11
Round 7 Pick 26
I'll give you all of those for a 4th right now!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'll give you all of those for a 4th right now!

Those 4th rounders are good selections to desire. After two days of first round , then second & third rounds ..teams have all night till noon of Saturday to recalibrate their boards & discover/find the good prospects that have gotten lost the first two days.

Take a look at just last years 4th rounders and you will find a lot of starters in this cadre. I am sure Snead is still trying to figure out how Stacy lasted so late in the 5th round last yr.Think The Texans are kicking their butts over doing that trade with Snead after they lost their running attack last season??? The pick that the Snead gave them Chris Johnson NT did not make the team.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8400/zac-stacy

Reminds me a bunch of the Denver 6th round pick of RB Terrell Davis.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1004/nfl.draft.bargains/content.7.html

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...ate=-1&award=-1&collegecoach=-1&highschool=-1

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...ate=-1&award=-1&collegecoach=-1&highschool=-1

Last edited:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
would you give allthose and the 4th for a third
Good question. I'd certainly have to think harder on that and ultimately it would likely depend on who's left in the 3rd. Bottom line is, I agree with a previous poster's (sorry, don't remember who) statement that all 12 of our draft choices, especially the later round selections, likely will not make this team.

BadCompany

Rookie
If we trade down in the first round (or any other round for that matter) and pick up some more picks that way then I would be inclined to try and trade some of those picks in the comp rounds for choices NEXT year. Keep the gravy train of multiple picks going for as long as you can. So for example, say we get an extra 5th this year in a trade down in the first round (with something else of course). Then trade our two 7ths this year for a 6th next year (we'd still have the two comp 7ths) , and our extra 6th and 5th this year for a 4th next year. Or whatever, you get the point.

Just think it would be cool to be an organization that dominates a draft year in and year out. And rack up impressive depth all over the board for the next decade.