Our running game is...well...we don't have one

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

We can't punch it in from the 2 yard line. Sorry, just the way it is.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We look down right terrible...all the way around.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram_of_Old said:
We can't punch it in from the 2 yard line. Sorry, just the way it is.

As they say, you use the pass to set up the run - or vice versa.

I don't see anything to get too excited about, RoO. We are not game planning... so who knows how this goes?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Daryl Richardson gets to 1000 this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Username said:

He plays at a different quickness than any of the others.

fearsomefour

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
Username said:

That is the real difference with Richardson at this point. 1,000 yards only is a 62.5 yard per game average. Nothing to write home about. However, clearly the Rams are not looking to have a power running game, but, they do need to generate enough to keep balance in the play calling to assist the O line.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
This is pre season guys come on.... not much of anything you can rest your hat on. its like judging a kid in high school how hes going to do for the next 16 years. cant do it......

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Thinking they may have to pass to set up the run. Passing game will be more of athreat now than it's been in years.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The Rammer said:
This is pre season guys come on.... not much of anything you can rest your hat on. its like judging a kid in high school how hes going to do for the next 16 years. cant do it......

Exactly, I never read too much into preseason good or bad.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Where is ganaway? I think he will ne cut pretty soon..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not overly concerned. Line looked only alright but you gotta consider that when it counts, we're going to be calling plays with more rhythm. They'll build off one another and we'll be game-planning more to attack the weak points of a defense.

Pead and Richardson both ran well today.

But we need to get Pead off Kickoff Returns, he sucks at it.

Slappy967

Starter
Pead is still under the belief he can bounce it to the outside every play and be successful. He continues to be wrong in that belief. Richardson looked like the lead dog for a reason last week and shined in minimal chances tonight.

Our run game is fine with DRich, Stacy looked good last week too. Pead just needs to step up his game sooner then later as Benny Cunningham is inching his way into the competition.

A55VA6

Legend
Richardson hands down is the guy to beat right now. It's a noticeable difference to me.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
fearsomefour said:
CGI_Ram said:
Username said:

That is the real difference with Richardson at this point. 1,000 yards only is a 62.5 yard per game average. Nothing to write home about. However, clearly the Rams are not looking to have a power running game, but, they do need to generate enough to keep balance in the play calling to assist the O line.

I like Cunningham, though. He runs hard. He shoulda had a LONG TD run.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sorry (not really) guys, there's not a chance in hell Pead doesn't make this roster.

His pass protection alone is enough to secure that spot. Two weeks in a row he's been great with the blitz pickups, and that was really the biggest concern with many with the departure of Jackson. They wouldn't be playing him often to get him going if his roster spot was up for grabs.

That being said, he didn't run poorly today, I thought he played with a purpose.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
fearsomefour said:
CGI_Ram said:
Username said:

I'll put it this way. It won't be any worse than it was last year, and it will include more explosive runs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry32 said:
I'm not overly concerned. Line looked only alright but you gotta consider that when it counts, we're going to be calling plays with more rhythm. They'll build off one another and we'll be game-planning more to attack the weak points of a defense.

Pead and Richardson both ran well today.

But we need to get Pead off Kickoff Returns, he sucks at it.

agree, pead is awful as a kick returner. not sure why they persist with him there.

he needs to concentrate on running the ball and finding the holes.

(think of your secretary).

fearsomefour

Legend
I could see the Rams keeping Richardson, Pead, Stacy, Ganaway and Cunningham and only keeping two QBs.