OUR RB's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ya know ALL the focus and talk and fretting being done about US facing SJ,I sorta see it like ....whatdya think DR and Pead are sayin' to each other ,where is the expectation that THESE guys have the opportunity to affirm the Rams decision to let SJ go?

Under the radar ,behind the headlines (catch phrases sure to piss someone off :tooth: ) if these guys are the competitors they aught to be you KNOW they are anxious for the shot to step up and strut their stuff.

tonyl711

Starter
not only that but you know that our defense will be geared up to stop SJ, especially with their 2 best WRs hobbled.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
tonyl711 said:
not only that but you know that our defense will be geared up to stop SJ, especially with their 2 best WRs hobbled.

Brockers is gonna be the key to that,I think he blows up a LOT and makes SJ dance behind the line and we all know if he doesn't have a head of steam he's just an average back.
If I were the Falcons I'd run pitches to him to the WW side of the field, Ogletree will run him OOB for a loss.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Thordaddy said:
tonyl711 said:

Brockers is gonna be the key to that,I think he blows up a LOT and makes SJ dance behind the line and we all know if he doesn't have a head of steam he's just an average back.
If I were the Falcons I'd run pitches to him to the WW side of the field, Ogletree will run him OOB for a loss.

Don't think our D is too worried about SJ39 in a foot race.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
Ya know ALL the focus and talk and fretting being done about US facing SJ,I sorta see it like ....whatdya think DR and Pead are sayin' to each other ,where is the expectation that THESE guys have the opportunity to affirm the Rams decision to let SJ go?

Under the radar ,behind the headlines (catch phrases sure to piss someone off :tooth: ) if these guys are the competitors they aught to be you KNOW they are anxious for the shot to step up and strut their stuff.
I'm sure everyone's motivation is off the charts right now. Jackson is looking to prove that the Rams are worse off without him and should have stayed with him, and the young guys are looking to show Jackson that he's not the only one who can run the ball in this league. The intensity level should be pretty high.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:

I'm sure everyone's motivation is off the charts right now. Jackson is looking to prove that the Rams are worse off without him and should have stayed with him, and the young guys are looking to show Jackson that he's not the only one who can run the ball in this league. The intensity level should be pretty high.
Agreed and FWIW I just think SJ will be the first to question if we can shut him down in the first half and get a lead ,sure his level of motivation is gonna be high but SO is his choke factor ,Pead and DR are in a "what have we got to lose " situation.
I like our chances.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
D'Marco Farr said DRich is extremely pumped to go against SJ and Farr said DRich is gonna have a monster game.

Greg Cosell said he is very impressed with DRich, he said the numbers didn't show it but he loved what he saw from DRich.

Well, if all that is true, then we've got DRich, Cook, Givens, and Tavon that can do a lot of damage. It's all in Sam's hands.

Anyway, maybe they try to run SJ a lot early in the game but if the Rams score quickly, I think the Ryan will be throwing a lot more.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
D'Marco Farr said DRich is extremely pumped to go against SJ and Farr said DRich is gonna have a monster game.

Greg Cosell said he is very impressed with DRich, he said the numbers didn't show it but he loved what he saw from DRich.

Well, if all that is true, then we've got DRich, Cook, Givens, and Tavon that can do a lot of damage. It's all in Sam's hands.

Anyway, maybe they try to run SJ a lot early in the game but if the Rams score quickly, I think the Ryan will be throwing a lot more.
Still gotta account for Jackson in the passing game. They haven't unleashed a ton of that yet, but they might now after watching the soft middle of the zone Arizona had to play with all game.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
max said:

Still gotta account for Jackson in the passing game. They haven't unleashed a ton of that yet, but they might now after watching the soft middle of the zone Arizona had to play with all game.
ALL I'VE DONE by starting this damned thread is increase my anxiety level waiting on this game.

We make our own HELL :bummed:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
LOL Thor, I feel your pain!!!! Nervous as a sausage in a sissy factory I am!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
max said:

Is it just me or do you think DR reminds Fisher of Chris Johnson? My mind keeps making the comparison.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
max said:

[hilite]Is it just me or do you think DR reminds Fisher of Chris Johnson? My mind keeps making the comparison[/hilite].

I've thought that from day 1

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Let us not forget who has the real dreads here.

Natty Dreads are gonna fly. Truth.

Weaved hair is for bitches. Also a Truth.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Anyone watch or listen to the herd with colin cowherd? He not only picked stl ove atl but defended the rams hard when schlereth and wingo picked the Falcons made them both admit rams are for real. Schlereth even said drich will be a 1000 plus yrd rusher

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SJ needs an immediate hole or he tends to kinda "dance" or hesitates waiting for something to happen. We are not a gapping hole D-line type of team. I think we perform very well in trenches this week.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Having played with, and practiced against, SJ39 for years should give the D a much better idea of what to expect.

From his comments, SJ does not seem pumped for this game any more than any other.

I would say though that if there is a weak link in this game for the Rams it would be SJ and the run game. I'm pretty confident the pass game can be contained with dinged up WRs and a pass rush from hell against that O line.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Oddly, I'm really not too worried about containing their running game. All you have to do as has been said is slow him down at the line.

Give him a gaping hole like he had for that 50 yard run and allow him to get some steam and he's a nightmare though. It's true, he was running pretty upright, but he was pretty choppy though and made a guy miss on a solo tackle trying to wrap him up low.

Defending their passing attack is what worries me.