Our Defense is Roughing the Passer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We've gotten a lot of heat on opposing QB's the last 2 weeks. A lot of good things have happened because of it. Sack fumbles, pick sixes, the whole nine yards. But my favorite non-stat of it all is... drum roll please...

Two starting QB's knocked out in two weeks!!! Gabbert went down, Schaub, now let's keep bringing the heat! I LOVE IT!!! Go Rams! :rofl:

Sims and Hayes... HAHAHA!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We play nasty for sure. Long, Brockers, Quinn, Hayes, Dunbar, Ogletree... these guys will eat your young.

That said; I'd like to see more pressure via blitz. This has been the big difference from last year's unit.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
We play nasty for sure. Long, Brockers, Quinn, Hayes, Dunbar, Ogletree... these guys will eat your young.

That said; I'd like to see more pressure via blitz. This has been the big difference from last year's unit.

Absolutely! But we didn't see this before Dunbar's return. He could be our most underrated Ram.

Brockers with 3 sacks and several line-stuffing tackles in the last two weeks! My gosh he's coming on strong! I'm not excited about Langford's play, though. He's just not doing it for me...

Fisher patted Sims's rear after getting those two late flags on the QB. "That's OK!" Dang right!!! Let's demolish this panzy defensive funk we were in over the first four games!!! Fisher and Schotty on on my good side after awesome last two games. Very pleased. :cool:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Jo Lon is obviously a key cog in this D. He doesn't seem to shine in any area but is all-around solid and he seems to be the glue to this D's nucleus. I gotta hand it to him for coming back off of suspension so focused and ready to play.

A shout out to Quinn also for bringing it every week. He looks like he's going to get the QB on just about every play. And how about our secondary!!!! We lose McDonald who was playing well for a rookie and our veteran Finnegan who was playing, well, not so well and the rest have stepped up admirably.

I like what I'm seeing. And all this after we were virtually dead in the water and seemingly destined to go 4-12 this season. Hope is abound up in here!!!!!!

V3

Hall of Fame
mr.stlouis said:
CGI_Ram said:

Absolutely! But we didn't see this before Dunbar's return. He could be our most underrated Ram.

Brockers with 3 sacks and several line-stuffing tackles in the last two weeks! My gosh he's coming on strong! I'm not excited about Langford's play, though. He's just not doing it for me...

Fisher patted Sims's rear after getting those two late flags on the QB. "That's OK!" Dang right!!! Let's demolish this panzy defensive funk we were in over the first four games!!! Fisher and Schotty on on my good side after awesome last two games. Very pleased. :cool:

I'm not sure Dunbar has been underrated for a while. I think most fans realized how important he was after the first two games and many thought he was the defensive MVP last year. The dude's a player.

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:

Brockers was a beast is this game. Cant say how important that up the middle pressure is with Quinn and Long coming on the outside. QB's nightmare
train

A55VA6

Legend
Cudjo made a few dumb plays. Definitely needs to be cleaned up but I want them to play hard and nasty so these calls may come every now and then.

y2joey

UDFA
I'd rather we stop with the stupid penalties and focus on trying to stop teams more. Sims was pissing me off yesterday day with his idiocy.

RamzFanz

Damnit
A55VA6 said:
Cudjo made a few dumb plays. Definitely needs to be cleaned up but I want them to play hard and nasty so these calls may come every now and then.

After the second penalty my wife says "What do you expect from a guy named Cudjo?".

Exactly. Sometimes you need to go rabid.

iced

mr.stlouis said:
CGI_Ram said:

actually he roughed once then illegal use of hands to the face (hands to face was on a run play, probably against brown)