Our best receiver?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Penguin.

Rookie
Obviously Tavon Austin is our most explosive player, but who is the best receiver on our team? It has to be between Kenny Britt and Stedman Bailey. I never seen Stedman drop a catchable ball. He blocks well, is a great contributor on special teams, isn't terribly slow. He doesn't have Britt's size, but he plays the position so well and aggressive. And Kenny has some hype. Discuss.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Bailey is the new Ricky Proehl for me. He's not flashy. Kind of flies under the radar. Not real fast but fast enough to get open. Hands like glue.

reggae

Bailey is our best jitterbug slot guy. Austin can't be limited in that role. He has to be moved around and accounted for. The best 2 wideouts we can field are Britt and Quick. Include various packages thereof.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
As of right now, it is Britt but Bailey could close the gap after his suspension. Athleticism and size really helps but route running is a skill that brings longevity to players.

Based on what I've seen on the field Bailey and it's not even close, you can have all the height, weight, speed in the world, but give me Antonio Brown over Stephen Hill any day of the week.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think that ultimately, when finally given regular full time duty, that Steadman will be our best WR(among the guys we currently have). He just looks so instinctive and natural out there for 2nd yr guy. This 4 gm suspension is REALLY unfortunate.

Simba

Rookie
I begin to think that our best receivers could be Cook and Bayer ... If the promises will be kept, we are going to have a fantastic TE group!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ask me at the end of the season.

We just don't know yet.

But judging by camp and preseason; Britt, Austin, Quick

One preseason game, in which these 3 hardly played, doesn't change what we think we know.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Honestly, Im gutted bailey is out for 4 games. He's probably the best all rounded receiver we have. Physical for his size, great route runner, catches anything in his radius. The Perfect Wide Out

Philly5

Rookie
After looking at this thread and all the varying opinions it tells me nothing has really changed much with our WR group. Will be nice if we ever get to the point where we have a couple of obvious starters.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It's Bailey, and it will be for a long time.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Most talented is either Britt or Austin. Best on the field? That's something that we can't predict. Might well be Bailey, but I'm leaning Britt at the moment. Attitude may be as valuable to him as route-running and professionalism are to Bailey. Think TO in his prime vs. Bruce in his prime.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I think that Bailey is going to be the receiver that gets the most chances during the preseason because of the 4 game suspension. Bailey will likely look like the best WR during the preseason but my horse is Brian Quick. I think this is the year he puts it together.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I think that Bailey is going to be the receiver that gets the most chances during the preseason because of the 4 game suspension. Bailey will likely look like the best WR during the preseason but my horse is Brian Quick. I think this is the year he puts it together.

Quick I hope he proves me wrong. I am pulling for guy but he needs to be a solid,

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Quick I hope he proves me wrong. I am pulling for guy but he needs to be a solid,
I'm a gambler and I lose a lot but I think Quick will be much improved this year. He may not be the best on the team but much improved. I don't mind being wrong so I thought I'd say it would be Quick.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Studman is our best based on what we've seen so far.

Quick and Britt have the best potential, with Britt having shown that he can play at a high level before he fell off the map.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
I interpret "best" in terms of production. Our best receiver is Kenny Britt as he is the only one that has produced in the NFL out of this group...albeit for a small sample size outside of injury. I expect he will win one on one battles on the outside and Bradford will be looking to him often. If he gets off to a hot start early, his confidence will be sky high. He will be on the field the most and thus have the most reps to produce, IMO.

RamEERS

Pastor
you know... during all the discussions heading into the draft about drafting watkins and who our best receiver is... i always defended our WR position as being young and letting them develop... people even laughed at me for having stedman's picture and mocking me that there is no way he is our best WR...
well then.. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!