Our amazing visit to SOFI, earlier this month

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
It has been a good year. Not so much for the Rams though. But, we went to Stans House!!

I've been meaning to relate our SOFI visit, for the Rams-Seahawks game. Never having been to many NFL games and this being the first at SOFI - we had a heck of a time. The background is, my son showed up to the game, as an out and out surprise as you might imagine. However, I just wanted to share some of the details.

So, my daughter, her friend, my wife and myself got seats in Sec 51, maybe 35 yard line on the 300 level. Excellent seats - fantastic view and the seats accessed from the top row, empty into a food/bar area with ample monitors a bar and some tables and chairs. Also, the stadium seats were padded and made for the big man! All good features....

So, from the time we arrived, my daughter is going on about how a friend of hers who lives in the LA area, is at the game. I'm like, ho-hum... Then she tells us where he is sitting and so on. Well, that is like 70 yards or more away - and these 70 yr old eyes, are only so good.

Then my son sends a text and asks where I am at the game... and to wave, in case they pan the crowd. I'm like WTH you talking about? Then he send me a picture, that shows the four of us watching the game... So, how did you do that? Then I figured my daughter sent the pic to him, but nahhh... she is in the photo... The he spills the beans that he is at the game on the 100 level right across from us at around the 20 yd line.

1671856945044.png

Well, I'm confused by this pic, at the time!

So, this is where it gets interesting. No longer can you roam about the stadium - like I presume you cannot buy cheap 500 level seats than migrate on down to the 100 level, if you see an empty one - since along the way security wants to view your ticket. (Now to get into the stadium, you must display the ticket from the ticket app - which is a QR/Barcode thingy, that has a rotating red line through it. On entry, the scanner machine must see that red line moving around - meaning you cannot take a screen shot and pass that off as a ticket). However, moving from section to section once inside, you only have to show the ticket to human security folks. So, my daughter send him a copy of her ticket so he can migrate up to our section. Now a static screenshot might not be good enough - so she captured a video screen shot of the ticket app and sent it to my son.

So, it happened - he made it to our section and hung around for a few minutes and did not get caught or tossed out of the stadium. I had told him it wasn't quite worth that risk...

1671857025974.png

Clearly, momma was happy!!

Anyway, the game was good... until the end - but anytime your kids make a surprise visit like that, it is awesome. He lives in Bend OR and he was in LA for the weekend... This is the same kid, that 4 years ago, showed up in Hawaii when we were there for our 40th...

Hoping y'all have as good a time during the holidays, as I have had lately!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. I remember your posts going to that game.

What a great surprise by your kids. They must really love their Pop!

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. I remember your posts going to that game.

What a great surprise by your kids. They must really love their Pop!
Like with many folks, there are times you own them kids -- and times you wonder why you had them at all!!?!!! :laugh4: :woozy2: