Our 4th Round Gems Ready To Shine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Offensively speaking,we have quite a bit of work to be done in free agency
and the draft.
Got to get that oline much improved and surround Goff with the skill
players he needs to move the ball down the field on a consistent basis.
Can you imagine that? An offense that moves the ball on a consistent basis.

There are a couple players that I am truly excited about,players already on
the roster.Aside from the obvious guys,such as Goff and Gurly.

I can't wait to see Higbee and Pharoh develop under McVay.
I think these guys will hear their number called quite a bit next year.
Here are a few vids that I was watching today.Really got me
jacked .Pumped for our future!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnPN6zyDOpk

View: https://youtu.be/nHXqZLftR4E

View: https://youtu.be/v467tXB3ebM

Last edited:

ninedeuce

Rookie
I think that Cooper is made for the Jamison Crowder role in McVay's offense. They have similar builds and skill sets. If he could find Crowder's knack of finding soft spots in coverage, Coop can be real weapon.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think that Cooper is made for the Jamison Crowder role in McVay's offense. They have similar builds and skill sets. If he could find Crowder's knack of finding soft spots in coverage, Coop can be real weapon.
Coop strikes me as a high football intelligence guy.
Played some QB at S.C. as well as high school.
He is already a good route runner and I'm sure he
will develop that zone ability with experience.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
add in Thomas and Im right there with you. wanted all 3 guys and was excited as can when we got them, and still have high hopes for them. hope it all works out for them

Zero

Pro Bowler
add in Thomas and Im right there with you. wanted all 3 guys and was excited as can when we got them, and still have high hopes for them. hope it all works out for them
Sorry can't agree with you on Thomas.I am not a fan.
Would add Spruce before Thomas.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Watching Higbee in those videos, and I love how smooth and athletic he is. This year's crop of TEs is deep. I wonder how he compares to a guy like Ingram who could make it to round 2.

I am not sold on Cooper, or Thomas. Neither did much last year and stars usually flash here and there at least in their rookie years. You could see it in Torry and Ike right away. Even Flipper showed signs in year one. Thomas isn't a great catcher. He has enough talent if he was a natural pass catcher. If that isn't here by now, I doubt it ever will be.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
every time I reflect on Flipper, I keep thinking of this:

Zero

Pro Bowler
I'm not a fan of spruce... If Thomas cuts out the drops he could be a good receiver
Thats the thing.HE has had the drops through college as well.
If he does that would be great.Just don't see it happening.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I am not sold on Cooper, or Thomas. Neither did much last year and stars usually flash here and there at least in their rookie years.
Cooper didn't get very many chances last year,but everytime I saw him, it
was something possitve.Not saying he will be a star,but I think he will be a very solid,
dependable contributor.A great compliment to our #1,whoever that will be.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF9R71jtTTE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPmPGYUikq8

http://prod.www.rams.clubs.nfl.com/...rst-down/ccc998a0-a849-468c-a742-f3aa06b5d4c8

fearsomefour

Legend
Thomas was a bit of a disaster last year. Drops, flags and horrible kick returns. He looked like an unsure HS Freshman sent over to the Varsity team.
He looked overwhelmed.
But, he survived. He could end up better for the trial by fire.
He has some skills.
There are so many spots with young players that is the challenge to this new staff....not find a ton of new players but develop what is here.
Cooper, Thomas, Higbee and maybe Spruce can hopefully all develop.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm thinking that we may end up seeing Spruce fighting with Cooper for a spot more than with Thomas

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Watching Higbee in those videos, and I love how smooth and athletic he is. This year's crop of TEs is deep. I wonder how he compares to a guy like Ingram who could make it to round 2.

I am not sold on Cooper, or Thomas. Neither did much last year and stars usually flash here and there at least in their rookie years. You could see it in Torry and Ike right away. Even Flipper showed signs in year one. Thomas isn't a great catcher. He has enough talent if he was a natural pass catcher. If that isn't here by now, I doubt it ever will be.

I love what I've seen of Engram. If Higbee develops into what we all hope he does and we draft Engram to pair with him, our offense could get scary fast. Now add Garcon to the mix with some better Olineman and we're turning this ship around quicker than anyone thought we could.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I'm thinking that we may end up seeing Spruce fighting with Cooper for a spot more than with Thomas
When you watch Thomas's college tape he looks like an
absolute stud one minute and then the head shaking
drops start popping up.
If you're watching his highlight reels,you're thinking
how is this guy not a first or second rounder.The reason
he dropped so low in the draft has to be the inconsistent hands,
because everything else looks the part.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Seeing as how McVay is an offensive guru...I'd guess that his interpretation of what he desires in offensive talent to be the total opposite of what Fisher & Snead have assembled on the Rams. I can't see many of the same pieces even on the squad in a few years...In fact, I kinda expect more linemen to remain on the team than skilled positions. After looking at this TE class and these WR...performing at the combine...I think we need to seriously upgrade.

And...I like Mike Thomas more than any other piece we brought in last year. More than Higbee...A lot more than Cooper. I don't consider Spruce a player.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thomas was a bit of a disaster last year. Drops, flags and horrible kick returns. He looked like an unsure HS Freshman sent over to the Varsity team.
He looked overwhelmed.
But, he survived. He could end up better for the trial by fire.
He has some skills.
There are so many spots with young players that is the challenge to this new staff....not find a ton of new players but develop what is here.
Cooper, Thomas, Higbee and maybe Spruce can hopefully all develop.

They hit on Thomas based on his coverage teams contributions alone. For a late round guy to give us a 4 year window of strong coverage play is a win in the draft, anything he does over that is bonus. He'll make the bottom roster spot for that alone IMO.

Coop really needs to step it up. I think he's got a chance with a good coordinator running him and Tavon all over the joint, they're gonna win matchups if the team adds one legit weapon at wideout.

And Higbee of course. The guy really stood out on the practice field to my eye at least in camp, I just can't think he's gonna struggle given the quality of the coaching he's going to get plus a QB who will be looking for him. IMO the stars are aligned for him, just hope he's smart enough to do the work.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Let's not forget about Hemingway either. In my honest opinion, he could be a good tight end behind Higbee.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Cooper didn't get very many chances last year,but everytime I saw him, it
was something possitve.Not saying he will be a star,but I think he will be a very solid,
dependable contributor.A great compliment to our #1,whoever that will be.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF9R71jtTTE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPmPGYUikq8

http://prod.www.rams.clubs.nfl.com/...rst-down/ccc998a0-a849-468c-a742-f3aa06b5d4c8

Reminds me a lot of Emmanuel Sanders, we can only hope this is his potential and he reaches it.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Coop really needs to step it up. I think he's got a chance with a good coordinator running him and Tavon all over the joint, they're gonna win matchups if the team adds one legit weapon at wideout.
IMO all Cooper needs is an opportunity.I think we have a HC
that will make that happen.I get jacked thinking about what
kind of wizardry is being drawn up for Coop,Tavon and Higbee.
I am also expecting Gurley to see more in the passing game.
But it's like you said we have to have that #1 to make happen.