Other teams FA news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
We have no WR1... We have an untapped TE in Higbee and Hemmingway... We need to make sure we finally find our #1.

Engram would be good... but you can't deny the receiving corp... which would be worse than last year if we don't shore it up.

Engram if he's there... but I doubt he will be.

in a perfect world... it could be:

2nd. Engram
3rd. Godwin/JuJu/Zay

Are you certain Godwin/Juju/Zay can be a WR1? Which one of the three has the best chance in your opinion? I don't want another WR 2 or 3.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Looks like nfl teams weren't sold on Pryor. A $6m one year contract with $2m in incentives means nobody was beating down his door to sign him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Looks like nfl teams weren't sold on Pryor. A $6m one year contract with $2m in incentives means nobody was beating down his door to sign him.

He had more money offered and left 2 or 3 better offers on the table to join the Skins. No word of course on who those better offers were from. He's not a bright man as they would say.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I got to see Bennett play a lot here in New England and to me, he seems washed up. Injury-plagued season and just didn't seem too interested. Definitely did not fit in New England's culture.

I would've went draft route especially with this year's class.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like the Bears signed one of my free agents I mocked to the Rams at the same salary. Kendall Wright for 1 year $4 million. Good low cost prove it deal for a team that needs WR's.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Denver signed DT Peko from Cincy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Free agency as a whole feels "slower" this year to me.

The first tier went quick as usual, but it seemed to move into the next tier (which is slower) almost immediately.

Anyone else feel this way?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A second rounder in 2018 is better than a third in 2018. That would be the like comp pick, so yeah that would be cool. But I would like a second rounder this year better.
Wouldn't that be a comp pick in 2019 if Tru signs elsewhere after this season?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Connor Barwin just shook loose. Makes me wonder if the Rams don't just release Tru (can they?) so that thy can move on some guys now
Tru's salary is guaranteed for 2017, not sure releasing him would help in any way?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wouldn't that be a comp pick in 2019 if Tru signs elsewhere after this season?

Yeah. What I meant was that if they didn't FT him this year they would have gotten a 2018 third round comp pick. That is if they don't cancel it out by signing free agents themselves. So the thinking was that this way they are guaranteed to get something. And even if they had to settle for a 2018 second round pick in a trade, it is still better than just letting him hit the market.

It was a calculated move to circumvent the system, like Jrry alluded to.

Even getting a third in next year's draft, in a trade is better than leaving it up to the system, because the pick is guaranteed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. What I meant was that if they didn't FT him this year they would have gotten a 2018 third round comp pick. That is if they don't cancel it out by signing free agents themselves. So the thinking was that this way they are guaranteed to get something. And even if they had to settle for a 2018 second round pick in a trade, it is still better than just letting him hit the market.

It was a calculated move to circumvent the system, like Jrry alluded to.

Even getting a third in next year's draft, in a trade is better than leaving it up to the system, because the pick is guaranteed.
Doubt they would have gotten 3rd round comp for losing him this year. I mean signing Whitworth and Woods alone would likely cancel that out, plus had Tru been gone and they still had 16 mill to play with? Who know who else they may have signed.
I still don't think they were trying to work the system, but who knows. I'd rather get a 4th or 5th rounder this year than pay Tru next

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Havent heard much from the Cards or the Hawks. Have they done anything?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Havent heard much from the Cards or the Hawks. Have they done anything?

Not really. The cards have lost a lot of good players. The Seahawks have basically every free agent RB visiting them. Adrian Peterson, Latavius Murray, Jamaal Charles, etc. Nothing really splashy yet.