OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
My company recently worked out a deal with the Rams to perform some services for training camp and some other events with the team. Along with that the team invited myself and a few others from the company out to OTAs today.

A few things that stood out to me is how fast Tavon Austin is and how exciting he is going to be.

Jared Cook is a BIG quick man...he truly looks the part of a Rob Gronkowski type TE.

Austin Pettis looks primed to be a player. I'm not ready to say that he is going to be a starter but I think he takes on a significant role and will be this years version of Ricky Proehl. He was fantastic at getting separation in the endzone and intermediately. I was really impressed and couldn't believe it was Austin Pettis I was watching.

Stedman Bailey was one guy that I was disappointed with. I saw him drop some balls that I thought were the type of catches he was known for.

Brian Quick certainly has the size and speed...

Alec Ogletree picked off a pass in the endzone and he was BLAZING down the sideline.

Only one short practice so I don't want to get too high to too low on anyone...especially since I don't exactly have any insight as to the focus of the session.

After practice was over Greg Zuerlein came up to chat with us. He was pretty funny and you could tell he felt a bit out of place as it was kind of impromptu. Kevin Demoff told us the story of drafting Zuerlein...supposedly the Rams had a deal with the Eagles to trade out of that 6th round pick and pick up a couple other later picks. However, the pick right before the Rams Houston selected a kicker so the Rams were scared that there would be a run on kickers. Demoff said the Eagles called to say that they'd accept the trade only that the Rams response was, " We don't", and hung up the phone.

Just thought some of you would like the notes...if I get any more opportunities like this again I'll share more.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks. Any and all eyes on is really appreciated.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Good stuff, the Rams were obviously very high on Zuerlein... I'm sure Bailey will come around as well, thanks for the notes.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks man! Good stuff right there. You lucky bastard!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Husker...I'm pretty excited and do feel lucky about the opportunity...but I can tell you that I'll be stressed getting ready for training camp!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Crap, can't believe I forgot to mention this little tidbit...Zeurlein was asked about his background as a soccer player, said he played through highschool and picked football because he had a better chance at a scholarship. He then was asked if he could kick left footed...said that he hasn't tried it because he doesn't want to get hurt BUT if he had to he thinks he could make PATs no problem left footed...also said if something were to happen to Hekker he could punt just not to the degree Hekker does.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Cool man and don't worry you guys will do a fine job!!!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Good post Sum1BTRthnU! Don't know you but I'm sure happy you post here. :bg: