OTA Report 6-16-2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Givens sounds like he has really taken a tumble down the depth chart.

It sounds like Britt may be taking some of Pettis's reps? Do they still have that situational look with the wideouts Coach, or are they more static with the WR positions so far?

fearsomefour

Legend
Nice report Coach O. I always enjoy these.
I agree with your comments regarding Hill. Such a good signing. He isent "smooth" all the time but the ability of a vet QB "to be on time" with his throws is so key. Much more is a needed skill in that backup QB role than pure arm strength or ability to run.

Athos

Legend
How does Moe look?

Does he seem 100%?

I imagine they've mainly been working him in the slot, right?

How's Gaines been?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Givens sounds like he has really taken a tumble down the depth chart.

It sounds like Britt may be taking some of Pettis's reps? Do they still have that situational look with the wideouts Coach, or are they more static with the WR positions so far?

The day I was there, they seemed intent of making Britt and Quick the focus. From everything I have heard, they will be moving guys in and out of the lineup with regards to getting reps with the ones.

Depending on the drill (7 on 7, or 11 on 11, Redzone or from the 40), they used different groupings. Since Bradford didn't participate on Monday, it was hard to get a read on what they considered the "1's".

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
How does Moe look?
200px-Horowitzmosesphoto.jpg

You're welcome! :D

CoachO

Hall of Fame
How does Moe look?

Does he seem 100%?

I imagine they've mainly been working him in the slot, right?

How's Gaines been?

Moe looks like TJ Moe. He catches everything thrown his direction. They used him on a lot of underneath crossing routes, and dare I say it, he looked strikingly like Amendola running these routes. For all he lacks in "measurables", all he does is get open and make plays when given the chance.

Gaines worked mostly with the "2's". He is another one of those guys who is just a football player. If you evaluate him based on a stopwatch, he falls short. But he knows how to play the game, and is rarely out of position. He could and should be one of the guys competing in camp for the nickel spot, and also was being used in most of the Special Teams.

Athos

Legend
You think Moe snags a roster spot, Coach, at least through the pre-season?

It sounds like the coaches are planning to use Austin outside a bit more. And with Bailey gone, the only real slot threats are the TEs in Cook and Kendricks. Though I'd argue we haven't had that true slot guy since Danny A left. Pettis is a slot option, but I'd like to see Moe in there for the pre-season games.

Ramatik

Starter
I can't wait for training camp. I hope you'll be there reporting as well CoachO

RamzFanz

Damnit
I can't wait for training camp. I hope you'll be there reporting as well CoachO

Lots of us will be at the practices. We all do something different. CoachO covers the football stuff.

My offerings will be the following:

1) stupid jokes focusing on videoed practical jokes on ROD members since they have no idea what I look like.

2) pics of hot girls.

3) excuses for being ejected from Rams Park ( all true ).

Ramatik

Starter
Lots of us will be at the practices. We all do something different. CoachO covers the football stuff.

My offerings will be the following:

1) stupid jokes focusing on videoed practical jokes on ROD members since they have no idea what I look like.

2) pics of hot girls.

3) excuses for being ejected from Rams Park ( all true ).

Excellent! And just as important in my mind.

I would love to be ejected from Rams Park! Now that would be a story!

lorenzo S.

UDFA
Name
LA2STLRams
I THINK UP WILL BE A GREAT BACK ONCE HE GETS A REAL CHANCE AT RUNNING THE BALL. HE NEEDS MORE THEN 2 OR 3 RUNS YO MAKE A REAL DIFFERENTS.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

It sounds like the coaches are planning to use Austin outside a bit more. And with Bailey gone, the only real slot threats are the TEs in Cook and Kendricks. Though I'd argue we haven't had that true slot guy since Danny A left. Pettis is a slot option, but I'd like to see Moe in there for the pre-season games.

I like what Moe offers as that pure slot guy. But IMO, his biggest challenge will come from someone like Veltung for that last roster spot, at least while Bailey is suspended.

IMO, that spot is more about what they bring to Special Teams than what they will contribute on offense. That's when the other roster spots can have a major impact on that last WR spot. For example, if Reid somehow manages to stick, and can be the backup PR, then you don't need Veltung. If Moe shows he can be a factor in covering kicks, and maybe an option as a KR (he returned KO's at Mizzou) then he adds to his stock.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

Why no love for Pettis in the slot? I really think he may be our best option there this season.