Ot Greg Robinson Wows At Weigh-in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
With this kind of 40 time, the obvious solution to our dilemma is to draft Robinson to be our #1 WR. ;)
Beat me to it. Think about it. Notify that he is an eligible receiver, put him in at LT and then let him gallop down the seam. Un-freakin-stoppable! :cool:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Or have him run a reverse from the LT position. Holy crap. Am I an offensive genius or what.

BTW - there are two or three ways you can go with that last statement.:whistle:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just disrespectful, lol. Comparing Robinson to Smith is just nonsense, Robinson trumps Smith by a mile in almost every single area.

Not gonna lie, man, just saw some highlights of his combine and he looked better than I thought. However, Lewan did too. ;)

jjab360

Legend
Not gonna lie, man, just saw some highlights of his combine and he looked better than I thought. However, Lewan did too. ;)
Let me know when Lewan puts on 30 pounds and still puts up anywhere near the same numbers. ;)

jap

Legend
With this kind of 40 time, the obvious solution to our dilemma is to draft Robinson to be our #1 WR. ;)

When we play the 'Hawks, we can motion him to Richard Sherman's side of the field. Let Greg bellow to Sherman, "If you try holding me, sucker, I'll drag your sorry butt all the way to play dirt and stomp all over your loud mouth tail!!!!"

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
But you can and generally do get great right tackles and guards later.

You're arguing as if it's a given that all 5 OL positions are equally important (or at least guards and tackles). I don't agree with that position. I did notice you didn't address the argument that anyone taking a pure Center #2 would be laughed out of the draft.

That said, teams DO get criticized for already having a #1 WR and drafting another one. Look at Atlanta when Julio Jones was drafted. It's only because he really worked out that it looked smart.

And I've said all along that if Robinson (or Matthews) looks like they'll be special AND Watkins doesn't appear to be, go ahead and draft the OT. If we pick Robinson and he ends up a bust, then we look twice foolish though for having a bust AND taking a redundant pick.

*** People remember w/ more & more pass rushers playing the DT position now (and sub packages of 4 DEs) MEANS you need better interior linemen.. So getting elite OG's is more important than ever!!!
RTs are getting taken in Rd 1 now so we can start Robinson at LG until Jake Long is done

jjab360

Legend
*** People remember w/ more & more pass rushers playing the DT position now (and sub packages of 4 DEs) MEANS you need better interior linemen.. So getting elite OG's is more important than ever!!!
RTs are getting taken in Rd 1 now
Yup.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
RTs are getting taken in Rd 1 now
We'll have to see if the Rams think that way. I don't think they do. I could be wrong about that. You guys could be too. There is no right or wrong here. There is no UNDERSTANDING we either have or we don't. We just have different opinions of what most benefits our team. That's okay.

Unless of course, the blue font implies that you're kidding. ;)

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
We'll have to see if the Rams think that way. I don't think they do. I could be wrong about that. You guys could be too. There is no right or wrong here. There is no UNDERSTANDING we either have or we don't. We just have different opinions of what most benefits our team. That's okay.

Unless of course, the blue font implies that you're kidding. ;)
normally I'm full of shyte but it this case i was just highlighting my thoughts :sneaky:

laramsoriginal

Starter
If we draft Robinson I hope he starts at LG this year. Next year rams would need to cut Jake in order to clear cap space and have Robinson take over at LT. Thats if the rams use the 2nd overall pick on Robinson

jjab360

Legend
If we draft Robinson I hope he starts at LG this year. Next year rams would need to cut Jake in order to clear cap space and have Robinson take over at LT. Thats if the rams use the 2nd overall pick on Robinson
Who said anything about cutting Jake Long? He is on a very reasonable contract for a top-tier lineman. If he fully recovers from the injury and for some reason we felt like we absolutely had to start Robinson at LT, then we'd either put Long at RT or trade him away.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One could not argue that placing a run blocking monster like a 6-5 332 pound Gerald Robinson next to Jake Long 6-7 320 pounder would be just too much for the other NFL teams to handle & deal with.....it sure would make that run blocking left side something to behold for Zac.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Who said anything about cutting Jake Long? He is on a very reasonable contract for a top-tier lineman. If he fully recovers from the injury and for some reason we felt like we absolutely had to start Robinson at LT, then we'd either put Long at RT or trade him away.

If im taking Robinson at #2, he better be my starting LT in the near future. Im not using such a high pick for an OG...I'll just wait till the end of the first round to fill the LG spot

jjab360

Legend
One could not argue that placing a run blocking monster like a 6-5 332 pound Gerald Robinson next to Jake Long 6-7 320 pounder would be just too much for the other NFL teams to handle & deal with.....it sure would make that run blocking left side something to behold for Zac.
It's been said before but seeing as the two top OTs are so close, it really isn't about who's slightly better, but who's the better scheme fit. That being said I'll let you guys figure out who fits in better with our starting lineup from last year:

Jake Long: 6-7, 322 lbs
Chris Williams: 6-6, 326 lbs
Tim Barnes: 6-4, 306 lbs (Cs are always considerably smaller than the rest of the O-line)
Rodger Saffold: 6-5, 332 lbs
Joseph Barksdale: 6-5, 326 lbs

And the two possible new additions:
Greg Robinson: 6-5, 332 lbs
Jake Matthews: 6-5, 308 lbs

One of these things is not like the other...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm no expert, but i'm also not naive enough to fall in love with a guys combine numbers and declare him an automatic football gift from the Gods.
What impressed me today from watching GR was his physique at 6'5" 330 lbs,his feet and balance(watch his broad jump) and overall his pure athleticism for a man his size.

I came away surprised and quite impressed.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Tim Barnes: 6-4, 306 lbs (Cs are always considerably smaller than the rest of the O-line)

Devastating running team, and gets rid of our weakest link.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Thats nasty. I like it!
So who is our #1 reserve? Because between Saffold and Long chances are this lineup wouldn't last a full season. Do we hope that Barrett Jones is ready to play and back up the interior? Would G.Robinson be the first guy to move to LT/RT in the event of an injury?

jap

Legend

Now that's what I call a Battering Ram OL!