Ot Greg Robinson Wows At Weigh-in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Jason Smith 2.0... Give me some Jake Matthews! Maybe Lewan just keep him isolated so he doesnt threaten any of his buddies old lovers! lol

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Its not so much his 40 time that impressed me. He ran like an athlete and he is sculpted for such a huge man. I expected him to look a little sloppy like alot of these OLinemen today. Nope.

jjab360

Legend
Jason Smith 2.0... Give me some Jake Matthews! Maybe Lewan just keep him isolated so he doesnt threaten any of his buddies old lovers! lol
Just disrespectful, lol. Comparing Robinson to Smith is just nonsense, Robinson trumps Smith by a mile in almost every single area.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Care to elaborate on your Robinson comparison?

Just disrespectful, lol. Comparing Robinson to Smith is just nonsense, Robinson trumps Smith by a mile in almost every single area.

HaHa take it easy on me guys! I'm still dismayed about Mr. Smith! Anyways, as I see it and remember from the draft JS was drafted in if you remember what were the things they said about him? He is a ' nasty run blocker ' but needs to improve on his pass blocking. Honestly, just scares me! haha

It'll be interesting to see how he turns out but I'm wary of him TBO. I wont lie thought, I like watching him on tape mowing over people in the run game! lol

Rather have us a More polished prospect like a Matthews...

jap

Legend
Now you can see why at least one NFL insider said this guy "has feet like a CB." He still needs to get his footwork squared away for pass blocking, but, if the Horns select him, we already have the perfect OL guru in Coach Bou.

HaHa take it easy on me guys! I'm still dismayed about Mr. Smith! Anyways, as I see it and remember from the draft JS was drafted in if you remember what were the things they said about him? He is a ' nasty run blocker ' but needs to improve on his pass blocking. Honestly, just scares me! haha

It'll be interesting to see how he turns out but I'm wary of him TBO. I wont lie thought, I like watching him on tape mowing over people in the run game! lol

First one I've found
http://walterfootball.com/pro2009jsmith.php

Strengths: Solid height for the position ... Very athletic ... Quick kick step in pass protection ... Rarely gets beat off the edge by speed ... Nice hand punch (strong hands) ... Footwork is on an elite level ... Smart and knows how to pick up the blitz ... Tough ... Minimizes penalties ... Doesn't have lapses in concentration ... Ability to play left tackle and kick inside at guard in zone blocking schemes.

Weaknesses: Slender build will have to be evaluated at weigh-ins ... Doesn't show consistency in run blocking ... Not very powerful when playing against bigger defensive ends ... Short arms? ... Doesn't always finish blocks ... Doesn't have a nasty demeanor.

Summary: Valuable prospect because he can play left tackle. Likely first rounder, but will have to show more toughness at the Senior Bowl.

Player Comparison: Sam Baker. Similar build (about 6'5, 305) and both were projected as far better pass protecters than run blockers, with questionable toughness.

RamsFan14

Starter
He wows with his 40 yard dash too! He runs an official 4.92 40 yard dash!

Not that this really means he'll be a good football player... But that's impressive! That talent level really is there...

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Care to elaborate on your Robinson comparison?

Forgive me! Looks like Rams and Gators corrected me on another thread that it was his run blocking in question not the opposite. I'll shuddup now! lol

Jason Smith's Scouting Report
By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Solid height for the position ... Very athletic ... Quick kick step in pass protection ... Rarely gets beat off the edge by speed ... Nice hand punch (strong hands) ... Footwork is on an elite level ... Smart and knows how to pick up the blitz ... Tough ... Minimizes penalties ... Doesn't have lapses in concentration ... Ability to play left tackle and kick inside at guard in zone blocking schemes.

Weaknesses: Slender build will have to be evaluated at weigh-ins ... Doesn't show consistency in run blocking ... Not very powerful when playing against bigger defensive ends ... Short arms? ... Doesn't always finish blocks ... Doesn't have a nasty demeanor.

Summary: Valuable prospect because he can play left tackle. Likely first rounder, but will have to show more toughness at the Senior Bowl.

Player Comparison: Sam Baker. Similar build (about 6'5, 305) and both were projected as far better pass protecters than run blockers, with questionable toughness.

jjab360

Legend

To me, it's like Chris Long vs Robert Quinn. One guy has all the production, really smooth player, technician at the position, but doesn't have that huge potential. The other guy is a little rawer, started a limited amount of games in comparison, but his potential to dominate is absolutely off the charts.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
To me, it's like Chris Long vs Robert Quinn. One guy has all the production, really smooth player, technician at the position, but doesn't have that huge potential. The other guy is a little rawer, started a limited amount of games in comparison, but his potential to dominate is absolutely off the charts.
lol If we drafted Robinson and he turned out the robert Quinn of the OL it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit man!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Damnnnn! i can say his measurables are damn impressive! 32 reps on bench with those long arms? starting to fall in love....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Tayler Lewan is having the best workout in terms of numbers,but to see a guy the size of Robinson do what he's doing today is impressive. He's a strong athlete.

wrstdude

Rookie
Yes I mentioned hydrostatic weighing in the first post. It is a good measurement, but it is tough to do. It takes a lot of time and is uncomfortable for the person underwater. They have to expel every cubic centimeter of air out of their lungs otherwise the buoyancy of the lungs will ruin the results. Try this, exhale until you think you can't exhale anymore, then exhale a little more. Now, hold your breath for another 15-30 seconds and keep perfectly still, so you don't move the scale. Now imagine doing that for every combine player, would take forever, because inevitably several players would have to do it multiple times because of mistakes. Bod Pods and DEXA would be more player-friendly and accurate ways to test body fat. Google those if you're interested because I don't want to derail this thread anymore.

One last thing I will say though to clear up any doubt about BMI vs body fat, in the pic both guys have the same BMI. However, it is clear to see they will have a very different body fat percentage.
View attachment 1267
(not sure how big this will be, please re-size if necessary)

Onto the draft, my heart says Sammy or Clowney, but my head says Robinson or Matthews.

Thanks for posting this. BMI & Body Fat % are not the same. Not sure why there was any confusion.

jjab360

Legend
Tayler Lewan is having the best workout in terms of numbers,but to see a guy the size of Robinson do what he's doing today is impressive. He's a strong athlete.
When you talk about two guys having similar numbers but the second guy has 30 lbs on him, it's pretty clear who the better athlete is. Does that mean he's the better football player? Absolutely not, but in this case the tape tells the same story.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
With this kind of 40 time, the obvious solution to our dilemma is to draft Robinson to be our #1 WR. ;)