1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ot Greg Robinson Wows At Weigh-in

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Memphis Ram, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

He looks like an athlete. Wow.

2. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

Jason Smith 2.0... Give me some Jake Matthews! Maybe Lewan just keep him isolated so he doesnt threaten any of his buddies old lovers! lol

Tron likes this.
  3. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

His 40 was impressive. He looks like a big piece of power.

4. NERamsFan Well-Known Member

Care to elaborate on your Robinson comparison?

The Rammer likes this.
  5. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

Its not so much his 40 time that impressed me. He ran like an athlete and he is sculpted for such a huge man. I expected him to look a little sloppy like alot of these OLinemen today. Nope.

6. jjab360 Well-Known Member

Just disrespectful, lol. Comparing Robinson to Smith is just nonsense, Robinson trumps Smith by a mile in almost every single area.

The Rammer and NERamsFan like this.
  7. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

HaHa take it easy on me guys! I'm still dismayed about Mr. Smith! Anyways, as I see it and remember from the draft JS was drafted in if you remember what were the things they said about him? He is a ' nasty run blocker ' but needs to improve on his pass blocking. Honestly, just scares me! haha

It'll be interesting to see how he turns out but I'm wary of him TBO. I wont lie thought, I like watching him on tape mowing over people in the run game! lol

Rather have us a More polished prospect like a Matthews...

rhinobean likes this.
  8. jap Well-Known Member

Now you can see why at least one NFL insider said this guy "has feet like a CB." He still needs to get his footwork squared away for pass blocking, but, if the Horns select him, we already have the perfect OL guru in Coach Bou.

PressureD41 likes this.
  9. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

First one I've found
    http://walterfootball.com/pro2009jsmith.php

Strengths: Solid height for the position ... Very athletic ... Quick kick step in pass protection ... Rarely gets beat off the edge by speed ... Nice hand punch (strong hands) ... Footwork is on an elite level ... Smart and knows how to pick up the blitz ... Tough ... Minimizes penalties ... Doesn't have lapses in concentration ... Ability to play left tackle and kick inside at guard in zone blocking schemes.

Weaknesses: Slender build will have to be evaluated at weigh-ins ... Doesn't show consistency in run blocking ... Not very powerful when playing against bigger defensive ends ... Short arms? ... Doesn't always finish blocks ... Doesn't have a nasty demeanor.

Summary: Valuable prospect because he can play left tackle. Likely first rounder, but will have to show more toughness at the Senior Bowl.

Player Comparison: Sam Baker. Similar build (about 6'5, 305) and both were projected as far better pass protecters than run blockers, with questionable toughness.

10. RamsFan14 Well-Known Member

He wows with his 40 yard dash too! He runs an official 4.92 40 yard dash!

Not that this really means he'll be a good football player... But that's impressive! That talent level really is there...

11. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

Forgive me! Looks like Rams and Gators corrected me on another thread that it was his run blocking in question not the opposite. I'll shuddup now! lol

Jason Smith's Scouting Report
    By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Solid height for the position ... Very athletic ... Quick kick step in pass protection ... Rarely gets beat off the edge by speed ... Nice hand punch (strong hands) ... Footwork is on an elite level ... Smart and knows how to pick up the blitz ... Tough ... Minimizes penalties ... Doesn't have lapses in concentration ... Ability to play left tackle and kick inside at guard in zone blocking schemes.

Weaknesses: Slender build will have to be evaluated at weigh-ins ... Doesn't show consistency in run blocking ... Not very powerful when playing against bigger defensive ends ... Short arms? ... Doesn't always finish blocks ... Doesn't have a nasty demeanor.

Summary: Valuable prospect because he can play left tackle. Likely first rounder, but will have to show more toughness at the Senior Bowl.

Player Comparison: Sam Baker. Similar build (about 6'5, 305) and both were projected as far better pass protecters than run blockers, with questionable toughness.

12. Prime Time RODerator

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/22/greg-robinson-has-the-speed-to-go-with-his-strength/

Greg Robinson has the speed to go with his strength

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 22, 2014
    [​IMG]Getty Images

There won’t be many times in his NFL career when Auburn tackle Greg Robinson needs to run 40 yards.

But just in case, he’s going to be able to do it swiftly.

Robinson continued an impressive weekend of measurements and workouts, by running his first 40-yard dash in a blazing 4.88 seconds, then topping it with a 4.84 on his second attempt.

Consider that he’s a 6-foot-5, 332-pound man, and that’s remarkable, and part of the reason he’s expected to be a top-10 pick.

But Robinson has also impressed in the other measurables, with 32 repetitions of the 225-pound bench press. That feat is made more impressive by the fact he has 35-inch long arms, and the longer your arms are, the harder is it to move heavy things often.

It’s an impressive physical display for a guy who plays one of the premium positions, and will merit much more attention from teams jockeying around the top of the draft.

13. jjab360 Well-Known Member

To me, it's like Chris Long vs Robert Quinn. One guy has all the production, really smooth player, technician at the position, but doesn't have that huge potential. The other guy is a little rawer, started a limited amount of games in comparison, but his potential to dominate is absolutely off the charts.

14. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

9' 5" broad jump.

15. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

lol If we drafted Robinson and he turned out the robert Quinn of the OL it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit man!

16. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

Damnnnn! i can say his measurables are damn impressive! 32 reps on bench with those long arms? starting to fall in love....

17. Ram_of_Old Guest

This guy is a monster!

18. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

Tayler Lewan is having the best workout in terms of numbers,but to see a guy the size of Robinson do what he's doing today is impressive. He's a strong athlete.

19. wrstdude Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. BMI & Body Fat % are not the same. Not sure why there was any confusion.

20. jjab360 Well-Known Member

When you talk about two guys having similar numbers but the second guy has 30 lbs on him, it's pretty clear who the better athlete is. Does that mean he's the better football player? Absolutely not, but in this case the tape tells the same story.