(OT) Fantasy team draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
1.Jamaal Charles

2.Julio Jones

3.Andre Johnson

4.DeMarco Murray

5.Michael Vick

6.Tavon Austin

7.Jermichael Finley

8.Ahmad Bradshaw

9.St. Louis Rams

10.Anquan Boldin

11.Sam Bradford

12.Greg Zuerlein

13.Jermaine Gresham

14.Ed Dickson

15.Green Bay Packers

It is a 20 dollar buy-in league, and I feel pretty confident, what say you fantasy guys?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I say Homer. With a capital H. Sorry.

You won't be winning but you will have fun watching the Rams!

EXCEPT you stole SB in the 11th (assuming this is by round) and Zuerlein in the 12th.

Really, Two WRs in the first two rounds is not going to win titles because they are so deep. It's VERY rare that a WR first team wins. What was your draft position?

TA in the 6th? Maybe, but it's a stretch. I would love him in the 7th IF you had 2 RBs and 2 WRs and a QB. Could be cash though with his returns.

A defense in the 9th AND the Rams? No. Just no. Not that I don't like them, but no.

Of course, I would need to know the scoring and how many teams and the type of league, but, don't bet any money. I know of no league where that will win.

For the record, I have never placed out of 3rd and I win usually thousands in side bets ESPECIALLY from homers. For what it's worth.

If I were you, I would grab up 2nd string RBs that could produce big if the main RB is injury prone, like Taint, or rookies with a good shot.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamzFanz said:
I say Homer. With a capital H. Sorry.

You won't be winning but you will have fun watching the Rams!

EXCEPT you stole SB in the 11th (assuming this is by round) and Zuerlein in the 12th.

Really, Two WRs in the first two rounds is not going to win titles because they are so deep. It's VERY rare that a WR first team wins. What was your draft position?

TA in the 6th? Maybe, but it's a stretch. I would love him in the 7th IF you had 2 RBs and 2 WRs and a QB. Could be cash though with his returns.

A defense in the 9th AND the Rams? No. Just no. Not that I don't like them, but no.

Of course, I would need to know the scoring and how many teams and the type of league, but, don't bet any money. I know of no league where that will win.

For the record, I have never placed out of 3rd and I win usually thousands in side bets ESPECIALLY from homers. For what it's worth.

If I were you, I would grab up 2nd string RBs that could produce big if the main RB is injury prone, like Taint, or rookies with a good shot.
Well it is a 12 man league and, I didn't start it out with 2 wr's. I picked Jamaal Charles with the 9th pick in the first round. Then, picked Julio Jones and third round pick Andre Johnson. Our defense was the 3rd best available defense at that pick and the guy before was one click away from taking them, i got hella lucky! But I agree I am not confident on my top two RB's..

Memphis Ram

Legend
I played fantasy football for the first time ever last year.

Don't know how your league scores, but you are confident with only 3 RBs who have been prone to injury?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I know squat about FF but the first name rang a bell.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/19/4635832/jamaal-charles-injury-improving-preseason-playing-time-kansas-city-chiefs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/19 ... ity-chiefs</a>
For the first time, Charles described the actual injury that he suffered one week from this morning.

"It started from my foot and traveled all the way up the side of my foot and now it's stuck in the middle of my right leg," Charles said. "I mean, it's a day-to-day thing. It's getting better every day."

Yikes.

That's a type of injury I've never heard of. let's hope it doesn't rear its ugly head during the season.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Barrison6 said:
1.Jamaal Charles

2.Julio Jones

3.Andre Johnson

4.DeMarco Murray

5.Michael Vick

6.Tavon Austin

7.Jermichael Finley

8.Ahmad Bradshaw

9.St. Louis Rams

10.Anquan Boldin

11.Sam Bradford

12.Greg Zuerlein

13.Jermaine Gresham

14.Ed Dickson

15.Green Bay Packers

It is a 20 dollar buy-in league, and I feel pretty confident, what say you fantasy guys?

Ehh...at first blush you have a couple really good players...a few has beens...and a couple might be's.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
DeMarco Murray is a stud.

I don't like the Michael Vick or Green Bay D picks tho. Michael Vick turns the ball over way too much and gets hit a ton, while the Packer defense just isn't as good as it's made out to be.

STLINI

UDFA
Without knowing what starting positions you have, it's tough to say. 5th round seems really early for Vick to me, unless your league just went QB crazy early. I don't think Vick is one of the top 12 fantasy QB's out there. How many RB's do you start? Murray and Bradshaw are major injury concerns, so only having 3 RB's on your roster is pretty light. I like Murray, as long as he is on the field. Having the same amount of TE's as RB's is a little weird to me. Myself, I would never take a kicker any sooner than one of the last 2 rounds, not very good value in the 12th to me.

Fantasy football is a lot of luck though, it comes down to health and having a couple of guys outperform their ranking, so you never know. Good luck.

I did my draft last night. I might seem a homer too, but I am confident in the Rams for the first time in a while.

Few notes: $100 buy in, 10 team league. 9 starters, 9 bench. You can pick one guy from the 10th round on that you can carry over to next year.

QB - Cam Newton
RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Chris Givens
RB/WR - Matt Forte
RB/WR - Chris Ivory
TE - Jared Cook
D/ST - Cincinatti Bengals
K - Greg Zuerlein

Bench

WR - Torrey Smith
RB - Shane Vereen
QB - Sam Bradford
TE - Jermichael Finley
WR - Justin Blackmon
WR - Kenny Britt
RB - Isiah Pead
WR - Justin Hunter
TE - Zack Ertz

Honest opinions on my team would be great :p

iced

Barrison6 said:
1.Jamaal Charles - good pick, charles will thrive in reids one back system..surprised he fell to you.

2.Julio Jones - love it

3.Andre Johnson - love it, but may could have gotten later.. i got him in the 5th round last year

4.DeMarco Murray - more of a #2 RB/Flex play for me. Cowboys are down top 4 guards and Murray is more injury prone than Saffold

5.Michael Vick - boom or bust pick... but no maclin, new system, health issues, and inconsistent QB play... i bet there were many better qb's available

6.Tavon Austin - Depending on what was available it's hard to say much about this pick... i think it's a bit early for him but just my opinion

7.Jermichael Finley

8.Ahmad Bradshaw

9.St. Louis Rams

10.Anquan Boldin

11.Sam Bradford

12.Greg Zuerlein

13.Jermaine Gresham

14.Ed Dickson

15.Green Bay Packers

I gave some notes on how I felt about the top 6 - I liked the rest except for bradshaw..i mean yea it's nice to get him late but man injury prone and in a pass first offense. Boldin is a steal in the 10th, and I'm all for Rams D in the 9th. Of course it depends on your league settings but defense is not just about sacks and points and/or yards allowed, it also includes special teams...so you have austin returning punts too.. packers defense though? lol i'd be looking for match ups on the weeks you don't run the rams D. BTW I'd look into patriots Defense for week 1 or Tampa's, Pats play the Bills and Tampa plays the jets

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Barrison6 said:
1.Jamaal Charles

2.Julio Jones

3.Andre Johnson

4.DeMarco Murray

5.Michael Vick

6.Tavon Austin

7.Jermichael Finley

8.Ahmad Bradshaw

9.St. Louis Rams

10.Anquan Boldin

11.Sam Bradford

12.Greg Zuerlein

13.Jermaine Gresham

14.Ed Dickson

15.Green Bay Packers

I don't know about having 3 tight ends. J. Finley disappointed me big time last year. Hope he bounces back for you. I'm afraid Vick and D. Murray are going to be injury plagued this year. Would have gone with a more consistent QB. You should compete though. Keep your eye on that waiver wire.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Had my draft last night also. $100 buy in, I had first overall pick. 12 man league. Only part I am concerned with is the WRs.....

QB - A Rogers
RB - A Peterson
RB - M Jones-Drew
WR - P Garcon
WR - S Smith
WR - T Austin (Homer pick)
TE - J Finley
K - M Prather (auto picked when I fell asleep at the wheel)
DEF - NE (Another auto pick. Fuck.)

Bench:
RB - V Ballard
RB - R Hillman
RB - R Matthews
WR - J Blackmon
WR - R Randle
WR - V Brown

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
OttawaRamsFan said:
I did my draft last night. I might seem a homer too, but I am confident in the Rams for the first time in a while.

Few notes: $100 buy in, 10 team league. 9 starters, 9 bench. You can pick one guy from the 10th round on that you can carry over to next year.

QB - Cam Newton
RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Chris Givens
RB/WR - Matt Forte
RB/WR - Chris Ivory
TE - Jared Cook
K - Greg Zuerlein

Bench

WR - Torrey Smith
RB - Shane Vereen
QB - Sam Bradford
TE - Jermichael Finley
WR - Justin Blackmon
WR - Kenny Britt
RB - Isiah Pead
WR - Justin Hunter
TE - Zack Ertz

In my money league I have Cam at QB, Forte as my RB2 and Cook and GZ at TE and K. I think Givens and Ivory may be gambles but they could pay off big for you. Pretty solid.

Heres what my team looks like. I picked 8th.

QB- Cam Newton (3)
RB- LeSean McCoy (1)
RB- Matt Forte (2)
WR- Roddy White (4)
WR- Marques Colston (5)
TE- Jared Cook (7)
Flex- Lamar Miller (6)
K- Greg Zuerlein (14)
Def- Houston Texans (9)

Bench:
WR- Jordy Nelson (8)
RB- Giovani Bernard (10)
WR- Denarius Moore (11)
RB- Fred Jackson (12)
QB- Ben Rothlisberger (13)
WR- Andre Roberts (15)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
Barrison6 said:
1.Jamaal Charles - good pick, charles will thrive in reids one back system..surprised he fell to you.

2.Julio Jones - love it

3.Andre Johnson - love it, but may could have gotten later.. i got him in the 5th round last year

4.DeMarco Murray - more of a #2 RB/Flex play for me. Cowboys are down top 4 guards and Murray is more injury prone than Saffold

5.Michael Vick - boom or bust pick... but no maclin, new system, health issues, and inconsistent QB play... i bet there were many better qb's available

6.Tavon Austin - Depending on what was available it's hard to say much about this pick... i think it's a bit early for him but just my opinion

7.Jermichael Finley

8.Ahmad Bradshaw

9.St. Louis Rams

10.Anquan Boldin

11.Sam Bradford

12.Greg Zuerlein

13.Jermaine Gresham

14.Ed Dickson

15.Green Bay Packers

I gave some notes on how I felt about the top 6 - I liked the rest except for bradshaw..i mean yea it's nice to get him late but man injury prone and in a pass first offense. Boldin is a steal in the 10th, and I'm all for Rams D in the 9th. Of course it depends on your league settings but defense is not just about sacks and points and/or yards allowed, it also includes special teams...so you have austin returning punts too.. packers defense though? lol i'd be looking for match ups on the weeks you don't run the rams D. BTW I'd look into patriots Defense for week 1 or Tampa's, Pats play the Bills and Tampa plays the jets
Pats D was taken in the 2nd round believe it or not lol.

iced

Barrison6 said:
iced said:
Barrison6 said:

2.Julio Jones - love it

7.Jermichael Finley

8.Ahmad Bradshaw

9.St. Louis Rams

10.Anquan Boldin

11.Sam Bradford

12.Greg Zuerlein

13.Jermaine Gresham

14.Ed Dickson

15.Green Bay Packers

Pats D was taken in the 2nd round believe it or not lol.

Tampa could be a solid play, ya never know against the jets lol

i'd treat the jets like i did the rams in '08/'09 - start almost every opposing defense against us...did the same couple times in 2011 too (After all in juries and constant turnovers). won me quite a few games believe it or not.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
raised_fisT said:
OttawaRamsFan said:

QB - Cam Newton
RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Chris Givens
RB/WR - Matt Forte
RB/WR - Chris Ivory
TE - Jared Cook
K - Greg Zuerlein

Bench

WR - Torrey Smith
RB - Shane Vereen
QB - Sam Bradford
TE - Jermichael Finley
WR - Justin Blackmon
WR - Kenny Britt
RB - Isiah Pead
WR - Justin Hunter
TE - Zack Ertz

In my money league I have Cam at QB, Forte as my RB2 and Cook and GZ at TE and K. I think Givens and Ivory may be gambles but they could pay off big for you. Pretty solid.

Heres what my team looks like. I picked 8th.

QB- Cam Newton (3)
RB- LeSean McCoy (1)
RB- Matt Forte (2)
WR- Roddy White (4)
WR- Marques Colston (5)
TE- Jared Cook (7)
Flex- Lamar Miller (6)
K- Greg Zuerlein (14)
Def- Houston Texans (9)

Bench:
WR- Jordy Nelson (8)
RB- Giovani Bernard (10)
WR- Denarius Moore (11)
RB- Fred Jackson (12)
QB- Ben Rothlisberger (13)
WR- Andre Roberts (15)

Well w/ Cam Newton he's bound to get meaningless stats in garbage time so you're bound to win!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I have to say that raised fist has the best team.

I usually field 21+ fantasy teams. A few things I try not to do.

1. I never never pick a backup D or K. There is always, always a decent waiver wire pick up for that one week.

2. I try and stay away from older WRs. Yeah yeah, they are crafty and have experience but they also are not going to sneak up on anybody and they have lost a step, yes they have. Andre Johnson? steer clear. Larry Fitzgerald? this is his last great fantasy year. I killed it last year with A J Green and Julio Jones and I believe you can still field a championship team if you pick these two first then go mid-grade RBs such as Ryan Mathews, Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball, Rashard Mendenhall, Giovani Bernard, Miller,Bell and late rounders, Zac Stacy (yeah, homer thing), Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Shonne Greene. I know there is only about 8 to 10 elite RBs and it drops off pretty good after that
but the trend has been the last couple of years of shared duty backfields of rookie RBs doing pretty darn good. I look for that to continue. Be the guy that has two or three of them on your roster with two of the best WRs on your roster and you are on your way.

3. TE should be picked around pick 100. There you could possible get Cook, Finley, Gates, Cameron Jordan, Fred Davis. Finley looks poised for a bounce-back year, Cook is going to break out, Gates still has a year, Jordan is going to surprise and Davis is solid. You need two of these guys.

4. Rams D is getting picked before Pats, Steelers. Packers most of the mocks I've been in and rightfully so I think. If you wait past pick 135, you just might not get them.

5. My biggest flaw this year has been an absolute refusal to draft a 49er or Seahawk. I have been picking some Cardinals but have been passing on the two main rivals. Homerism is preventing me from seeing an upside to most of those players. I hope I'm right.

6. You know I love GZ but if you pick the Rams D, try and pass on him. Come bye week, you might be forced to drop either one of them or a valuable bench asset. If you pick your K last, usually the Saints K Hartley is available as well as the Packers Crosby.

7 I have been rolling the dice and not picking a QB until Bradford. I know it's a bit of risk but when I wait to pick him around pick 120-133, I can use the mid round pick on a good back-up RB or WR and in the last couple of rounds a decent back up is still available. (Shaub, Rivers, Cutler, Tanneyhill) If Bradford lights it up, it could win you the championship.

8. Now don't use this info if you find yourself in a league with me!!!!!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well I started out thinking I was off to a hot start...not very pumped about the WRs and RBs I ended up with. But then again, its a 14 team league with 3 starting WRs...

QB: Rodgers, Bradford
RB: Murray, Wilson, Bernard
WR: Fitzgerald, Hilton, Gordon, Heyward-Bey, Quick
TE: Graham, Cook
DEF: Houston, Arizona
K: Crosby

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
I have to say that raised fist has the best team.

I usually field 21+ fantasy teams. A few things I try not to do.

1. I never never pick a backup D or K. There is always, always a decent waiver wire pick up for that one week.

2. I try and stay away from older WRs. Yeah yeah, they are crafty and have experience but they also are not going to sneak up on anybody and they have lost a step, yes they have. Andre Johnson? steer clear. Larry Fitzgerald? this is his last great fantasy year. I killed it last year with A J Green and Julio Jones and I believe you can still field a championship team if you pick these two first then go mid-grade RBs such as Ryan Mathews, Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball, Rashard Mendenhall, Giovani Bernard, Miller,Bell and late rounders, Zac Stacy (yeah, homer thing), Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Shonne Greene. I know there is only about 8 to 10 elite RBs and it drops off pretty good after that
but the trend has been the last couple of years of shared duty backfields of rookie RBs doing pretty darn good. I look for that to continue. Be the guy that has two or three of them on your roster with two of the best WRs on your roster and you are on your way.

3. TE should be picked around pick 100. There you could possible get Cook, Finley, Gates, Cameron Jordan, Fred Davis. Finley looks poised for a bounce-back year, Cook is going to break out, Gates still has a year, Jordan is going to surprise and Davis is solid. You need two of these guys.

4. Rams D is getting picked before Pats, Steelers. Packers most of the mocks I've been in and rightfully so I think. If you wait past pick 135, you just might not get them.

5. My biggest flaw this year has been an absolute refusal to draft a 49er or Seahawk. I have been picking some Cardinals but have been passing on the two main rivals. Homerism is preventing me from seeing an upside to most of those players. I hope I'm right.

6. You know I love GZ but if you pick the Rams D, try and pass on him. Come bye week, you might be forced to drop either one of them or a valuable bench asset. If you pick your K last, usually the Saints K Hartley is available as well as the Packers Crosby.

7 I have been rolling the dice and not picking a QB until Bradford. I know it's a bit of risk but when I wait to pick him around pick 120-133, I can use the mid round pick on a good back-up RB or WR and in the last couple of rounds a decent back up is still available. (Shaub, Rivers, Cutler, Tanneyhill) If Bradford lights it up, it could win you the championship.

8. Now don't use this info if you find yourself in a league with me!!!!!

Solid advice, sir. I think a lot of guys feel pressured to fill the starting spots up first rather than picking the best available players. I waited on DEF, Kicker and TE and picked up some bench players who I thought could help me out if there were an injury or if one of the higher picks doesn't perform. I also used a few picks to gamble on a few players I thought might have breakout years (A. Roberts/G.Bernard/L. MIller) rather than pick up a 2nd TE or DEF. Those can be had throughout the season at anytime.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Want some good fantasy advice? Name your team "Bye Week".