OT: Can the Eagles Dump Foles Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This would be a laughable question just a few weeks ago...But think of it, Nick Foles just won the Super Bowl MVP and is the only Philly QB to EVER lead the Eagles to a Super Bowl win. Sure, it appears Carson Wentz is the more talented guy....But so was Dan Marino compared to almost anyone else.

A Wentz-led Eagles will be good as long as he's not an injury prone QB (remember, he was coming off an injury out of college too), which he may always be with the style he plays. He likes to run like superman, but then gets injured. Foles just became an instant hero in Philly sports. Will they dump a hero?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. I'd trade him if I got a good offer. He walks after 2018 either ways.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes. I'd trade him if I got a good offer. He walks after 2018 either ways.
or you can trade Wentz...Wentz has never won a Super Bowl, and may never do so.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Super Bowl MVP is fine but ultimately it's not reality. If a player does stupid things (Santonio Holmes) or just isn't a bonafide starter (Malcom Smith) there's no gaurentee.

That said, Philly would be smart to let him stay as a backup, hell there's an off chance he could retire. Remember he didn't even want to play anywhere except for Andy Reid. Who knows.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Super Bowl MVP is fine but ultimately it's not reality. If a player does stupid things (Santonio Holmes) or just isn't a bonafide starter (Malcom Smith) there's no gaurentee.

That said, Philly would be smart to let him stay as a backup, hell there's an off chance he could retire. Remember he didn't even want to play anywhere except for Andy Reid. Who knows.
Nick Foles just fulfilled Eagles fan's deepest wish....Even they did not think he could do it. He's a fukkin god in Philly right now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on what they are offered for him. They would save a bit of money by trading him, but another backup would cost more than the savings, so no point there. As can be seen by this year, he has value to them as the backup. If they get offered enough, they trade him. If not, he's their 2nd stringer. Everybody knows that Wentz is the better QB overall, even if Foles had a good game at the best time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on what they are offered for him. They would save a bit of money by trading him, but another backup would cost more than the savings, so no point there. As can be seen by this year, he has value to them as the backup. If they get offered enough, they trade him. If not, he's their 2nd stringer. Everybody knows that Wentz is the better QB overall, even if Foles had a good game at the best time.
He'll be starting for someone next year, imo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is Bellicheck's plan next year?
KPjcN1a.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the right offer a good GM deals him, if Wentz looks to be recovering well which is a big if.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the right offer a good GM deals him, if Wentz looks to be recovering well which is a big if.
Wentz's style of play will make an early retirement very possible...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I could see the Chiefs & Andy Reid trading for Foles now that Alex Smith is on to Washington.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see the Chiefs & Andy Reid trading for Foles now that Alex Smith is on to Washington.
With Mahomes there not a chance. They traded Smith to give Mahomes the keys to the car. Besides they had Foles and didn't resign him they drafted Mahomes instead.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just think, next year....Carson Wentz starts throwing picks and the Super Bowl MVP is there on the bench...You start hear a low chant that is hard to understand until it gets louder and louder..."Foles, Foles Foles, Foles, Foles ,Foles!!!!!!!"

(Thanks to Deon for the idea)

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think a team like Buffalo or Arizona could make a run at him. Draft a guy and have Foles play out his contract in front of him.

PatDaddy13

Rookie
Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles are going to be the only two guys to win a Super Bowl and then not start for that team the following the year.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Remember, Foles had a year a few years back, where he threw 26 TDs and only 2 INTs. This guy is pretty good. Someone will offer Philly a first rounder for him.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
When the Rams released Foles, first thing I thought was “That guy is gonna win Super Bowl MVP”